Snarky Brides

TK confessions?

Re: TK confessions?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e82b958c-3afa-4008-b31e-0d9d5f3033f3Post:6b56a9a3-068d-4c6b-af92-b087583fc593">Re: TK confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TK confessions? : I know. I sort of blame it on the time difference. I get here too late for the morning tread and the evening tread is during my commute home.
    Posted by DodgersBride[/QUOTE]

Ha, I was teasing you about your grammar, not your participation.
  • I miss Alli, too :) She's hilarious and feisty. 

Confession, I think AYG is lame most of the time.  It usually starts out pretty interesting but always turns into a semantics pissing contest.
    panther
  • Ok, now I need to finish my close reports and get them distributed. I'll be back after lunch though. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e82b958c-3afa-4008-b31e-0d9d5f3033f3Post:58114e1e-d471-496e-b68d-75adb296df9d">Re: TK confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TK confessions? : See, I know that people have a variety of types of jobs, and some allow for down time.  It's just amazing to me because I've never had a job like that, so I forget that not every  job is as gogogo as mine was. 
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah I've had crazy jobs in the past.  This one is the perfect balance.  Downtime, mixed in with spurts of craziness.  Also, I've mastered time management for this particular part of this experiment so what takes people 2 days usually takes me 1-1.5.  In that respect I think I deserve a little TK time :)</div>
  • I was given permission to spend a few minutes on every site browsing the Internet in order to work slower. So, that's what I do.
  • I confess I lurk a lot. Most of the time I come across dead threads and I don't want to revive something that died a couple of hours ago.

This is all going to be sound "whiny" but it's not. I feel like most of my posts get skipped over. But I'm not butthurt about it. I mostly attribute it to most people not knowing who I am.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think alli's sig is too big but I never say so cause I don't want it to seem like I don't recognize how cute he is. He is, sigs just too big!
  • I confess that I never go to my staff room at lunch, instead I come on here and 'relax' with you guys rather than my coworkers. I also like a lot of you a lot more than I like most of my co-workers.
  • Sesh - That's what I tell myself I am doing even though I don't really "have permission" but it's not frowned upon either.  I used to work in the veterinary field and things were very fast paced and crazy.  I just learned to do everything good and very, very fast.  When I left that job I still worked at the same speed for every other job.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e82b958c-3afa-4008-b31e-0d9d5f3033f3Post:53e3017f-940d-4935-82dc-4ff7ff192d2f">Re: TK confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess I lurk a lot. Most of the time I come across dead threads and I don't want to revive something that died a couple of hours ago. This is all going to be sound "whiny" but it's not. I feel like most of my posts get skipped over. But I'm not butthurt about it. I mostly attribute it to most people not knowing who I am.
    Posted by avsfan33[/QUOTE]

I notice you :)
  • Honestly, based on what I see IRL with people and conflict resolution, it doesn't surprise me that things like HO and AYGs don't usually go well. 
  • I have been trying to keep myself from stirring shiit just to make things more interesting around here.  I really have no legit reasons to do so, I just want more long, interesting threads.  

The "link + rage" posts used to be interesting, but I rarely read them the whole way through because I can pretty much predict how most posters will respond to them by now.

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e82b958c-3afa-4008-b31e-0d9d5f3033f3Post:9a750a6a-91e6-48ae-96be-ca3a41d8a3ea">Re: TK confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think alli's sig is too big but I never say so cause I don't want it to seem like I don't recognize how cute he is. He is, sigs just too big!
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I know it is. When I have tried to shrink it, his head gets all stretched out and he looks like an alien baby. So I am torn- yes, my sig is huge,  and I feel bad that everyone has to scroll past it. But he makes me happy to look at him.:)

If people want me to take him down, I will.I completely understand.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I always have sigs turned off. I normally never turn them on unless someone comments about someone's sig.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e82b958c-3afa-4008-b31e-0d9d5f3033f3Post:07035a5b-43c4-4b9e-a3a4-361180a74dfe">Re: TK confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have been trying to keep myself from stirring shiit just to make things more interesting around here.  I really have no legit reasons to do so, I just want more long, interesting threads.  <strong> The "link + rage" posts used to be interesting, but I rarely read them the whole way through because I can pretty much predict how most posters will respond to them by now.</strong>
    Posted by Smash Adams[/QUOTE]

<div>Yesterday's link+rage post is a prime example. The phrase "express train to hell" was thrown out.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've never had issues with sig sizing. I always use tinypic and add width= in my code and nothing is ever squished.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e82b958c-3afa-4008-b31e-0d9d5f3033f3Post:53ea4309-b385-43f5-9422-aeff56c60956">Re: TK confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Alli, I love your sig, but maybe if you put the two pics side by side it would help? 
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

I tried, but it didn't work since one is long and one is tall. The long one becomes alien baby when I shrink it..
  • allisong23allisong23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I won't be able to work on it today (I am going out for the first time without the baby for an extend edperiod  oftf  to  surprise my BF for her birthday), or maybe even this weekend (Pats in the Super Bowl!), but I promise I will try to work on my sig on Monday. Thanks for putting up with it!
  • I keep forgetting that I changed my UN and not recognizing my own posts.  Or when people respond to them.

• Alli - its not a huge issue lol, just an observation. You don't have to change it if you don't want to!
  • Nebb - Yay!

I also confess I rarely click on links and videos. It also usually depends on who posts the links too.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm kind of bummed that E has no FFF today.  I was looking for something to read in order to avoid working.

• I love the community here, but I am so, so tired of weddings.  I'm even hiding signatures because I can't stand to see my own anymore (and TK usually glitches out when I try to change it from work).
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e82b958c-3afa-4008-b31e-0d9d5f3033f3Post:f587dcd8-341e-4e84-a77c-1cd627d8ea67">Re: TK confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm kind of bummed that E has no FFF today.  I was looking for something to read in order to avoid working.

<div>I was just thinking something similar.  I suppose I should do a few things now...</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA:  Edited because my fingers like to type extra letters...</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e82b958c-3afa-4008-b31e-0d9d5f3033f3Post:f587dcd8-341e-4e84-a77c-1cd627d8ea67">Re: TK confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm kind of bummed that E has no FFF today.  I was looking for something to read in order to avoid working.

It's been so dead lately there's not much to flame (that I can think of anyways).  Well, except for Cindy but I think by now she just has a standing flame. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e82b958c-3afa-4008-b31e-0d9d5f3033f3Post:b5002319-cacc-4b47-a539-3a1fa9e15b38">Re: TK confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TK confessions? : It's been so dead lately there's not much to flame (that I can think of anyways).  Well, except for Cindy but I think by now she just has a standing flame. 
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]
    That's what I figured, I just hoped that I had missed something and there would be some flaming.  I'm not reading any of the WR threads anywhere ATM and there's not much else to read on here, unfortunately.

• Ditto on FFF.  Maybe that's my TK confession? I was kind of being intentionally obstinate last week (two weeks ago?) in FFF, just because I was bored.  hey, it worked. whatever.
  • I only really like FFF when we've done something to piss off E, otherwise its usually boring cause I don't know most of themm. Unless there's huge infighting, that's always fun.
  • Your ticker makes me hungry steph.

That's weird, huh.
    panther
  • Hide yo' babies, AATB will eat them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards