Attire & Accessories Forum

Groom in charcoal, groomsmen in black??!!

We're having a somewhat casual wedding. The groom and groomsmen will be in suits, instead of tuxes and the bridesmaids are each wearing a different short dress, but they will all be in the same color (dark teal blue).

My fiance is obsessed with the idea of wearing a charcoal suit with a black tie. We already decided the groomsmen will wear a black suit. And some of them have already bought their suits. (We don't know yet what color tie they will be wearing, if it should match the bridesmaids dresses or not).

Anyway, do you think it would look OK? Groom in charcoal suit with black tie, and groomsmen in black suits?

Re: Groom in charcoal, groomsmen in black??!!

• Why not!?! My intention was for all of the guys to wear the same gray tux, but the tuxedo shop messed up the order and gave the GM black tuxes instead. I put a pic below. I think it still looks great! 

• Personally, I like the idea of the groom wearing a different color than the groomsmen.  I'm hoping to do something similar for my wedding, but I'm not sure my fiancee is on board with the idea (yet!).
  • We're thinking of doing the same thing. FI definitely wants to be in grey, we just haven't decided whether to make everyone buy/rent a grey suit as well, or have them wear the black suits they already own.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • That's what we're doing. =D

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    "He was my mum and dad's best friend. He's a convicted murderer, but he's broken out of wizard prison and he's on the run. He likes to keep in touch with me, though...keep up with news...check if I'm happy..."

Harry on Sirus to the Dursleys. HP Prisoner of Azkaban
  • My sister and her FI are doing this! And he looks fantastic and everyone is happy! I say go for it!
  • It will look great.  You wear a differnt color from the girls, why shouldn't he wear a different color from the guys.

Go for it.
  • Love it! Genius!

Sincerely,

Heidi

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards