Arizona-Phoenix

Newbie!

Hi ladies!

I'm new the Knot and the Phoenix board (this is actually my first post)..and I just wanted to introduce myself! My name is Brittany and my fiance's name is JP. We've been together over 3 1/2 years and he finally popped the question! We're super excited to begin planning our wedding for next spring!

We'll be getting married at the Castle at Ashley Manor on March 2. My DJ, florist, baker, caterer, and bartender are all included in my package. So, I won't be needing those vendors, but any advice/recommendations about the venue or anything really, would be greatly appreciated! I still need a dress and I also need to finalize my colors. I know I want various shades of purple, but I'm debating between fushia and lime green as the additonal color. I also think I want to do a demask style theme.

Anyway, any thoughts, recommendations, etc. would be greatly appreciated! Thanks girls! :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Newbie!

• edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Girlie1030Girlie1030 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got married at Ashley Manor (not the castle) last month and I was thrilled with them.  We had some concerns regarding the food at our tastings with the caterer but the food the night of the wedding was awesome.  They did a great job with the flowers which was my biggest challenge - keeping costs down vs. esthetics on the centerpieces.  We went with Piece of Cake Desserts for our cake and it was incredible!  A friend of ours was our DJ so I can't speak to the one AM uses, sorry. 

I did find email was the easiest form of communication with the staff at AM and it also helped that I work just down the road so was able to swing by on lunch hours if need be. 

Congratulations on your engagement & happy planning!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome and congratulations!
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Britt!  It's Sarah!  I'm so glad JP finally proposed :)  I'll write you on fb and we can talk wedding stuff!  What ever you do...do NOT go to once in a life tyme bridal.  But I'm sure you've seen my fb rants about them!
  • brittandjpbrittandjp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, I know Sarah, finally! :)

I've seen your complaints on FB, I definitely don't plan on going there..so thank you for saving any future hassle! :) I think I may try to go dress shopping tomorrow. I'm super busy the next several weekends, so finding my perfect dress may have to wait until I'm back from Cabo mid June. We'll see, maybe I'll get lucky tomorrow!

PS. Your wedding is soo close, I bet you're getting super excited!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! I got married in Fountain Hills on April 30. I had a damask theme, and my mom made 13 or 14 Damask table runners. I think she's lending them to someone for a wedding in October, but if you are interested in buying them after that, please send me a PM to get my email address and we can discuss!
  • urmyangel421urmyangel421 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree about Once in a Lyfetime Bridal - worst customer service for such an emotional and special time in your life. Stay away from them for sure!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards