Connecticut

Stepfather dance song opinions?

My father is still in my life....but I definitely want to do a Stepfather dance because I am close with my stepdad and he's always been good to me

I'm pretty sure we'll be dancing to "He didnt have to be" by brad paisley....

Would you find that weird, since it's from a male perspective?

The main reason Ive always leaned towards that song is because of the line "I hope I'm at least half the dad that he didnt have to be"......Obviously I'll never be a dad, but I'm assuming people will get the idea?

Thanks! : )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjO1F6oCab8&ob=av2n

Re: Stepfather dance song opinions?

• edited December 2011
    I think it's perfect
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    absolutely i think you should do that.. gave me the chills!
    Future Mrs Williamson Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I almost danced to that same song with my Stepdad (I danced with my Dad as well but to Isn't She Lovely) but ultimately decided to go with "My Wish" by Rascal Flats.  I felt a little bad about some of the lyrics since my Dad was going to be in the room as well.  I felt "My Wish" was a better choice.  But hey if you like the Brad Paisley song better go with it, I LOVE THAT SONG!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_stepfather-dance-song-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:264957ba-3c29-438f-a950-2a702e05c31cPost:e412fc59-bcac-473b-aef1-20adbddd45da">Re: Stepfather dance song opinions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I almost danced to that same song with my Stepdad (I danced with my Dad as well but to Isn't She Lovely) but ultimately decided to go with "My Wish" by Rascal Flats.  I felt a little bad about some of the lyrics since my Dad was going to be in the room as well.  I felt "My Wish" was a better choice.  But hey if you like the Brad Paisley song better go with it, I LOVE THAT SONG!
    Posted by Sterna1[/QUOTE]

Yea, I totally know what you mean....like "I meant the man I call my dad"....I call my dad Dad, and my stepdad by his first name...and some of the stuff. Another reason I was slightly hesitating...but i've always wanted this song

I actually sent him a list of 4 or 5 songs, and included My Wish....but he said he liked all the choices and it was my big day so the choice was mine
  • edited December 2011
    I like the Brad Paisley song, too.

My sister used "Kind and Generous" by Natalie Merchant for her dance with my dad (her stepdad). I thought that was a nice song that expressed her gratitude to him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards