North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Feel like I should be doing more wedding planning

My wedding is May 21st (a little less than 9 months away) and I feel like I should be doing more now as far as planning.  So far we have done the following:

- Booked venue (includes caterer), florist, DJ, photographer, and officiant
- Found a bridemaid dress (no one has ordered yet though)
- Narrowed down to top choice for my dress
- Compiled guest list and most of the addresses
- Sent STDs
- Meeting with Caterer this week to get a better idea of what food substitutions we can do

Is there anything that you guys can think of that you think is better to do sooner rather than later?  I am in my slow period at work right now and my busiest time will be from Dec until the wedding so I want to get as much done now that I can. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Feel like I should be doing more wedding planning

• edited December 2011

I would say do the occassional web searching for ideas for the smaller things.  (favors, hairstyles, invites, bridal party gifts)  It doesn't hurt to get ideas early, then if you find something that you "love" it's one less thing to worry about as you get closer.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    What about your photographer?  It's a good idea to book the vendors that only do one event per day, early on- such as photographers, videographers, DJ/band- as opposed to florists and bakeries that can do multiple events each weekend.  GL!
  • KateeamberKateeamber member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can I ask where you are getting married? I really would like know know what place includes everything.
    Thank you!
    Check out my pictures! http://ajdunlapblog.com/?p=2986 Click like and I will receive free prints.
  • TinyTRex321TinyTRex321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!

I am getting married at Treyburn Country Club in North Durham.  They include the venue and catering. I booked the other vendors on my own. So far Treyburn has been great though. Very accomodating and a great price.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    if you are doing programs, and have the BP nailed down you could go ahead and print and assemble those now. depending on what you are doing for favors (if any) you can start on those too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards