Wedding Party
Options

Bridesmaid Gift Ideas...PLEASE!!!

I would love some help with ideas for bridesmaid gifts.  I'm quite stuck on what I should do for them.  They already have jewelry that they are using, and they are doing each others hair.  I don't want to spend a ton but would love to make them personal.  I can do quite a bit by my self as in DIY, so any ideas that you might have would be WONDERFUL!!

Thanks Everyone!!!

Re: Bridesmaid Gift Ideas...PLEASE!!!

• Options
    Shop like it's their birthday. Gifts don't need to match.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridesmaid-gift-ideasplease?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:7a363158-477a-4e03-8691-32e095550844Post:48c0bdb3-b117-43ab-b618-1d1e53f1269a">Bridesmaid Gift Ideas...PLEASE!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would love some help with ideas for bridesmaid gifts.  I'm quite stuck on what I should do for them.  <strong>They already have jewelry that they are using, and they are doing each others hair. </strong> I don't want to spend a ton but would love to make them personal.  I can do quite a bit by my self as in DIY, so any ideas that you might have would be WONDERFUL!! Thanks Everyone!!!
    Posted by ARBrereton[/QUOTE]
    Those wouldn't be gifts anyway, any more than giving them their bouquets would be considered a gift.  Get them gifts for <em>them</em>, not for the occasion.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Do you all live in the same area? If so, find out what each girls favorite restaurant is and what their favorite wine / beer is. Get them a gift card to the restaurant and a bottle of wine. Even though it doesn't sound like a lot, it would probably mean a lot to them.

If the gift cards are out of your budget, and the girls all like wine, what about making them personalized wine glasses and putting them in a basket with a bottle of wine and a nice wine topper? Just a thought..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm getting each of mine picture frames that reflect their personality.  I couldn't really think of anything to get them either.
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm giving each of them personalized picture frames where I can have some sort of thank you on it. Then when I get wedding pics back, I'll give them a pic of us from the wedding to put in it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I will list my girls' gifts to see if it sparks anything for you:
    MOH: monogrammed purse hanger, pashmina, (something else, not sure)
    BM: her favorite lotion that she doesn't buy a lot, (not sure what else yet)
    BM: Archiver's gift card (she scrapbooks) and again not sure what else
    BM: purse hanger with her name, gift card to local ice cream shop she likes, her favorite wine

I'm trying to shop like it's their birthday's, but those are always hard for me too!!

Though not the actual gift, of course, I will be including the jewelry for the wedding in their gift bags, as we will be giving the gifts at the RD.
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Options
    I am going to do a cute lunch bag and have it monogrammed since they all take their lunch to work. I will do a little something extra for my MOH because of all the stuff she has helped me do in regards to getting BM dresses together.
    ~Emily~
  • Options
    Picture frames will be good Just make sure you take a "personality" picture alone with each bridesmaid on your wedding day then you can give them their own picture of just you and her. I saw this on pinterst and love the idea. you can do simple hugs and smiles or if u want to do something fun and crazy either works but its more special I feel.

the knot has great bridesmaids gifts check them out a simple tote or personalized flask there are so many options
  • Options
    boomboom1243boomboom1243 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
     its more special then just a picture of the whole wedding party to give to them.. thought i wrote that in
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridesmaid-gift-ideasplease?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:7a363158-477a-4e03-8691-32e095550844Post:21f02fcb-3433-481f-9164-512eefd50249">Re: Bridesmaid Gift Ideas...PLEASE!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE] its more special then just a picture of the whole wedding party to give to them.. thought i wrote that in
    Posted by boomboom1243[/QUOTE]
    But a crazy one-on-one picture isn't any more special than a regular one-on-one picture, unless there's some other reason for it.  For instance, my little sister and I have recreated the Wicked logo (Glinda whispering into Elphaba's ear) at every major family event since she graduated high school.  Of course we did it at both of our weddings.  But for all of the other one-on-one attendant pictures, we just hugged and smiled.  Nothing wrong with that.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridesmaid-gift-ideasplease?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:7a363158-477a-4e03-8691-32e095550844Post:d721d854-20e6-4672-a924-a815ee2b15a2">Re: Bridesmaid Gift Ideas...PLEASE!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bridesmaid Gift Ideas...PLEASE!!! : But a crazy one-on-one picture isn't any more special than a regular one-on-one picture, unless there's some other reason for it.  For instance, my little sister and I have recreated the Wicked logo (Glinda whispering into Elphaba's ear) at every major family event since she graduated high school.  Of course we did it at both of our weddings.  But for all of the other one-on-one attendant pictures, we just hugged and smiled.  Nothing wrong with that.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

meh misunderstood again.  just a one on one picture is more special,  doing a funny pose on a personality is just a fun suggestion but again its  personality pose so what ever that persons personality is is what they would do during a photo like that
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridesmaid-gift-ideasplease?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:7a363158-477a-4e03-8691-32e095550844Post:c7f4cde0-5cd1-4a4b-8664-ff9d3ee5526e">Re: Bridesmaid Gift Ideas...PLEASE!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bridesmaid Gift Ideas...PLEASE!!! : meh misunderstood again.  just a one on one picture is more special,  doing a funny pose on a personality is just a fun suggestion but again its  personality pose so what ever that persons personality is is what they would do during a photo like that
    Posted by boomboom1243[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't think anyone's misunderstanding you.  We just don't see the value in crazy poses for the sake of crazy poses, or that a pose that conveys someone's "personality" (what the hell does that even mean, anyway?) is going to make for a picture that's more appropriate as a gift.</div>

• Options
    poses dont matter. just a picture of you with the bride alone is special..
  • Options
    I think she was just triyng to say if you and one of your BM's act crazy or silly together a lot, the BM may like it if you had a pose portraying that. I was actually going to write on my MOH's personalized frame that I'm glad I have a best friend who I can be silly with, etc, so for a friendship like this, a "crazy" picture would match. I don't think she was saying it made it more appropriate... She was just giving ideas.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Eliz77Eliz77 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridesmaid-gift-ideasplease?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:7a363158-477a-4e03-8691-32e095550844Post:eca58338-5474-4ddb-968c-1c8b8291b01d">Re: Bridesmaid Gift Ideas...PLEASE!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bridesmaid Gift Ideas...PLEASE!!! : How does doing a crazy pose make a photo of someone more special than just standing together and smiling? 
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]
    I took her post to mean a one on one picture with each girl versus the whole WP picture. <div>
    </div><div>I did something similar-I wanted to give my sister/MOH a picture of just us in a very nice frame as a thank you after the wedding, so I made sure our photographer got that. Same for my parents-picture of them with my siblings, me and my husband. Same for my husband and his folks. Etc. While I'm sure my sister would like a WP picture (since most are relatives/old friends) I knew she would be more apt to like a picture of her and me one on one, plus our family picture.</div><div>
    </div><div>As is said many times, only you know what your friends would like. Just because a poster doesn't care for monogramming or finds offense in jewelry as a gift, doesn't mean your BMs will. Take some time and think what your BMs like and enjoy, and taht will help you figure out what the best gifts to give are. I personally did a GC to a spa day that we got to enjoy together, which I decided to do after the girls asked/requested we do something the day of rehearsal. I also gave flip flops that every girl wore at the spa and also at the reception even though I didn't request that. I also gave each a personalized gift, and will bve giving professional pictures as a thank you after the fact, and made sure the photographer knew what sorts of shots I wanted (some didn't include me, but them and their families). </div><div>
    </div><div>I think identical gifts are more commonly done, and before finding this forum, I had no idea "shop like it's the birthday" was something some do. If I had an unlimited budget, there were things I came across I would have loved to have gotten instead, but I just couldn't afford everything. </div>
    ~ES~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards