Outdoor Weddings

Wedding Times

I am torn between 5:00, 5:30 or 6:00 for an outdoor wedding/ceremony. The majority of the decor is lighting based so I want it to be a little dark for the reception time to get the full effect. We are getting married in Central PA with a BBQ reception on Sept 1st. I don't know what to do. I feel like 6 might be too late but 5/5:30 kinda strikes me as an odd time. Any thoughts or opinions? Even if your opinion is "Stop overthinking....close yours eyes and pick a time for goodness sake" :) 

Thank you ahead of time...

Re: Wedding Times

• i say check farmer almanac on where sunset is and base time on that
  • Great idea! Thank you!
  • At a September 1st wedding in PA, I don't think it's going to be very dark by 6:00.  It'll still be daylight savings time.

I would just go with whatever time makes the rest of the day "flow" the best.   I don't think 6:00 is too late or 5:00 too early.  FWIW, our ceremony started at 5:30 and everything worked out great timing-wise.  But you'll want to look at your WHOLE schedule for the day, including when you want to get ready, hair/make-up appointments, if you're doing first-look photos or any other photos before the ceremony, etc.  Also keep in mind how long you are at your reception venue, what time dinner will be served, etc.   

DSC_9275
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    My wedding is at 6 just a week after yours and it's still going to be quite bright out (sunset isn't for another hour and a half).

Ceremony at 6, cocktail hour at 6:20 and dinner at 7:20 seems like solid timing for us. I don't think it's too late.
    Lizzie
  • We're getting married on September 1st on Maryland's Eastern shore and our ceremony starts at 6:00pm.  When I looked up the sunset time, I think it was around 7:30pm

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards