Michigan-Detroit

Venue suggestion??

I have looked at so many venues and cannot find the perfect one!  So far we have looked at Waldenwoods, Inn at St.Johns, Meeting House Grand Ballroom, Colony Club, Burton Manor, Plymouth Manor, Greenfield Village, Pine Knob.. I'm sure I'm forgetting some!  I am looking for a venue that is unique but classy. 

Re: Venue suggestion??

• breeamberbreeamber member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We need more detials in order to give you suggestions.

Unique in what way(s)?
    How many guests?
    Budget per person?
    Season? Willing to have an outdoor reception?
  • edited December 2011
    Give us some more info and we will be able to help you out. Not sure of your budget, but we looked at the Royal Park in Rochester. It started at $135 per person and can accommodate up to 1000 guests. The observatory is beautiful if you're looking to have your ceremony there, too. However we decided not to book there because there may be other events going on at the same time. Shennandoah country club in west bloomfield is also gorgeous, but you have to be sponsored by a member. The DIA is unique, but I heard somewhere that they may not be doing weddings anymore.
  • klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i've seen on the board in the past that someone got married at a location at Lawrence Tech University and it was BEAUTIFUL... but i can't remember the name of the location or who the bride was. it was unque- the pictures of the location were beautiful.
    perhaps another bride will know what i'm talking about.
    the Roostertail is always a beautiful locations too. (if you're considering Pine Knob, i'd assume Roostertail was in your budget)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Okay here is some more info... 
    -By unique I would really like to be at a place where my wedding is the only event going on there that day.. unless it is really big so I am assured I won't see another bride.  Also a place with a younger vibe, but still beautiful and elegant.
    -We will have about 175 guests. 
    -The season doesn't matter to me.
    -I would like to stay around 75$ per person including tax & tip. 
    -Yes I would be open to an outdoor reception.
    -I have looked at Royal Park Hotel and I absolutely loveddd it but it was out of my price range.
    -In general I'm trying to stay away from golf courses because my dad is a professional golfer and I work at a golf course.  I know it seems weird but I just don't want my wedding to remind me of me or my dad's work. lol

Thank you for your help!
  • edited December 2011
    I will look into that.  My fiance goes to school at Lawrence Tech so that would be cool for us!
  • lisa89760lisa89760 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at the crofoot in pontiac.  It is a different vibe since it's a music venue/club normally.  We were at the top of the capacity so we didn't want to book it...it can hold 300 people.  You have to bring in your own caterer but they work with a company and they provide the bar.
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    If you're willing to do a ballroom, try the Troy Marriott.  It will stretch your budget a looooonng way and the food is supposed to be excellent. (I will let you know in May when I do the tasting!)  The Meditarrean Room has three levels which makes it more unique than a traditional ballroom.  
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Fox Hills in Plymouth.  They have 2 buildings and one is very private so you get the entire building.  Plus, the outdoor ceremony options are beautiful.
  • sasha213swsasha213sw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our wedding at The Henry Ford Museum - Lovett Hall. You can have your wedding at the Museum or Lovett Hall for about the same price. The Museum is very cool and very different and you are going to be the only wedding. One of their rules are Lovett Hall brides are restricted to Lovett Hall and Museum brides are restricted to the Museum.
    image 223 Invited
    image 127 Wouldn't miss it
    image 64 Passed on the fun
    image 32 Still undecided
    RSVP Date: August 1, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I just booked my venue,.. its silver shores in wyandotte,.. its right on the river, and your event is the only event booked,outside ceremony. Dinner, bar and ceremony total with tip was around 12,000. Also a unique thing about it is that after the ceremony the whole bridal party gets to go out on a boat for an hour and have drinks and take pictures, while your gets eat a lil and have a drink at the out door bar.
    I wanted to stay away from golf courses also and have something unique, and I found it!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, I will check it out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards