Canada-Ontario

Tell me about your...

...cakes! Or cupcakes! Where did you get them? How much did they cost (if you don't mind my asking)? Were they delicious? Was your vendor easy to work with?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 

Re: Tell me about your...

• I got my wedding cake from Dolcezza Custom Cakes. It was a stunning ombre cake with 4 tiers, each tier was either chocolate or vanilla cake. She was super easy to work with - I showed her photos of cakes I liked and she designed one based on my likes.  Everyone raved about how good the cake tasted and in fact, I ended up with only half my top tier left.  Here's a photo of it.
  • We had a 3-tier cake.  Double chocolate fudge, vanilla with strabwerry, and chocolate banana were the flavours.  Buttercream icing - my H was strong about not wanting fondant so we went with that.  I wanted more height than 3 tiers of cake but we didn't need more cake so we put tiers of flowers in between tiers of cake.  I think it was $375 for the cake and another $100ish for the flowers and floral cake topper.

I got mine from Cake & Loaf in Hamilton and Nickey was great to work with.  She gave us samples of flavours/icing and had no problem with my changes that I kept making.

• mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2013
    We used Robyn Ward in Mississauga. She works out of her home so we did not pay the overhead.  We just wanted a simple, 3-tiered vanilla icing, buttercream cake. We paid $275 +$25 delivery and it was worth every bite!
  • I don't have my cake yet, but I'm actually going to Tim Hortons!  I worked there for six years while I was going to university, and the owners are invited to the wedding, and since their Tim Hortons has the Cold Stone ice cream cakes, I thought it would be really cool to have one.  It will only be one tiered, but delicious (probably coffee flavoured) and very heavily decorated for me.  I'm very excited!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_tell-me-about-your?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:56c00566-8f7d-4e42-9987-f59e6ee6e4b7Post:575da27b-27c1-46f0-a029-1c9ad738c920">Re: Tell me about your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have my cake yet, but I'm actually going to Tim Hortons!  I worked there for six years while I was going to university, and the owners are invited to the wedding, and since their Tim Hortons has the Cold Stone ice cream cakes, I thought it would be really cool to have one.  It will only be one tiered, but delicious (probably coffee flavoured) and very heavily decorated for me.  I'm very excited!
    Posted by kerbohl[/QUOTE]

Does this mean you're having a small wedding?
  • No, I'll be having around 120 people (much as I would love to have a small wedding, I have a huge, HUGE family, and they are pretty much all awesome, so I want  as many of them to be there as possible).  They can make pretty large cakes that serve up to 50 people, so I won't be doing the tiers, but I will have two cakes that serve 50 people. 

• Beyond the Batter in Stoney Creek, they also have a Waterdown location. i am doing mini cupcakes and a small 6" round. i a, keepingit simple because thats our whole wedding. its under 200 for 7 dozen cupcakes and the cake. everytime i have gone there the product is amazing and always fresh. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting cupcakes from Westdale Cupcakes. They cost $27/dozen. Plus $20 for the tiered stand rental. The cupcakes are delish (she gave us a few to take home with us) and she's been great to deal with. 
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • Cake Star in Etobicoke is getting popular! Delicious cakes, can't wait to get ours. Sized for 80-90 ppl it's around $500-560.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards