Catholic Weddings

Final meeting with priest preparation

Hi ladies!

I don't post here often, but I wanted to see and get your advice as to anything inparticular I should cover or ask our priest at our final meeting, which is a few weeks before the wedding? I'm probably overthinking it, but I just want to make sure I have everything covered.

I appreciate the advice - thanks! :)

Re: Final meeting with priest preparation

• Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    if you are having Mass, i'd confirm that altar servers are lined up (our church provided ours for us).

other than that, i cant think of anything else that wouldnt have already been covered by now.
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wouldn't it mostly be the practical stuff?  If you're doing anything outside of the usual, you want to confirm that everything is okay and that the priest approves your changes and your program, make sure everything is set for your rehearsal, etc.?
  • edited December 2011
    Just make sure he has all the necessary paperwork for the marriage license. Confirm rehearsal date and time.

We had to have all these signed agreements for the rules from our florist, photographer, etc and they couldn't find one of ours the night of the rehearsal. (The music director called me as I was walking out the door. She was kinda scatterbrained and eventually found them.) So just confirm all the necessities.
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just had our final meeting on Saturday.  First, our priest just confirmed all of the paperwork was in order.  He made sure he had our baptismal certificates, a copy of the certificate from Engaged Encounter, some other survey/questionnaires the diocese requires us to complete, and a copy of our selections for the readings and prayers.

He also confirmed that we had made arrangements with the woman that runs the rehearsal, confirmed the time, let us know he would be there at the beginning to answer any questions and collect our license and do confession as requested by people that are there.

We asked questions about the use of a unity candle and an appropriate way to honor FI's deceased mom.

He gave us his final remarks on marriage (re-enforcing what we learned at EE) and his tips for a happy marriage.  Finally, we extended him an invitation to the reception to dinner.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards