Attire & Accessories Forum

Bra for My Dress?

My dress is fairly low cut in the back and I'm having trouble finding a bra to wear with it. I saw one at VS a while back, but apparently it's discontinued. I'm posting a picture of my dress. Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Bra for My Dress?

• Could you have cups sewn into it?  I have a sheer corset and am having just cups sewn in to make it easier
    May 2013 FebSiggy... Invite... Different Type of Ribbon/Knot Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I too am probably having cups sewn in. I did invest in some "adhesive cups" from Target - they have very good reviews, and boost cleavage, but the downside would be if you get sweaty, or if you have a big C cup or bigger. I suppose you could reinforce them with double sided body tape - I didn't find them to be too comfortable though, but I'm not sure I have mastered putting them on. The upside is that it can help with cleavage, which was a plus for me.
  • Thanks. I didn't think about having cups sewn into the dress. I'm just going to be honest, I'm between an A and B cup, but I'm big enough that I can't go comfortably without a bra...especially since my boobs aren't really full. Frankly they almost look like they're saggy from breastfeeding.) I'm really selfconscious of it and I always feel like I need support. Are the cups supportive at all?

• jenaenae17jenaenae17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    I just had push up cups sewn into a dress and they are amazing! And they are surprisingly supportive. I would definately suggest going to a seamstress or where ever you bought your dress and trying some on. There are some with padding and some without, so make sure you are comfortable in what ever you get. I am planning on having cups sewn into my wedding dress as well. That way you dont have to worry about the strapless bra sliding all over the place or sticking out for pictures!
  • At my friends wedding, the top of the dress was very tight, so it looked great, and any uncomfortableness was the result of the super tight strapless dress! It is definitely the easiest way to go!

As for the "push up" pads being sewn in... do these really work? I am on the small side myself, so I would like to enhance any cleavage I might have :)
  • You could always try nubra.com. I planning on ordering their push up style to try out for my dress. I need as much help as I can get.
  • Thanks guys. I'll definitely look into some of your tips!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards