Wedding Etiquette Forum

The Twenty-Ten Best/Worst of List

Re: The Twenty-Ten Best/Worst of List

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_twenty-ten-bestworst-of-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0d63dd8e-37b8-4353-987e-73ed18b5709cPost:7446b104-f2d1-4103-8598-25d61dda87e8">Re: The Twenty-Ten Best/Worst of List</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Twenty-Ten Best/Worst of List : The difference is that Calibri has slightly curved edges on it's strokes, like on a C, whereas Avenir is more square :)
    Posted by Birdie1483[/QUOTE]

Upon further inspection, I can see the differences now. But I could probably come up with more that I can't tell apart.
  • Fonts or farts, Fishy. Take your pick.

• Georgia, I've worked on my anal retentiveness for awhile now :) It's an art form.

LTZ, what do you do for a living?
  • It's like that spot the differences in the Highlights Magazines that were always next to Goofus and Gallant.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_twenty-ten-bestworst-of-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0d63dd8e-37b8-4353-987e-73ed18b5709cPost:eafc77da-b1c3-4b05-a89c-4c5d10a5fefa">Re: The Twenty-Ten Best/Worst of List</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your iPod takes pictures?  Fancy :)  How excited are you to leave next week!?
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

VERY. So SO excited!
  • LTZ - what is your sig from?  It looks like someone was trying to copy Hyperbole and a Half because it kind of looks like her stuff, but not really.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_twenty-ten-bestworst-of-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0d63dd8e-37b8-4353-987e-73ed18b5709cPost:e461dec4-5469-47ce-817b-62e363354438">Re: The Twenty-Ten Best/Worst of List</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's like that spot the differences in the Highlights Magazines that were always next to Goofus and Gallant.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

I am terrible at those things. Highlights always reminds me of waiting rooms at doctor's offices. They always have them there.
  • I'm here, aren't I? I believe I've chosen.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_twenty-ten-bestworst-of-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0d63dd8e-37b8-4353-987e-73ed18b5709cPost:45372307-2d31-4cd3-993f-a744189bcc35">Re: The Twenty-Ten Best/Worst of List</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Twenty-Ten Best/Worst of List : Thank you. It's a reminder of how fun my job can be even when it's not.
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]

Hehe you know, if I could go back and do it all over again, I think I would have tried harder to get a graphic design job when I got out of college. My degree is in Advertising and I took all the creative classes they had at MSU- InDesign, PageMaker, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, you name it.

But then I ended up getting in to recruiting/HR and I loved it. I still miss that stuff though. I did everything for the wedding and it gave me the bug again. I might start up my own little business on the side or something.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_twenty-ten-bestworst-of-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0d63dd8e-37b8-4353-987e-73ed18b5709cPost:950435b3-8881-48c8-a235-52bce723004a">Re: The Twenty-Ten Best/Worst of List</a>:
    [QUOTE]LTZ - what is your sig from?  It looks like someone was trying to copy Hyperbole and a Half because it kind of looks like her stuff, but not really.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

It's the oatmeal. Similar stuff.
  • AK, I don't know about the other folks here, but graphic design pays peanuts where I'm from. It's also one of those things that it's sometimes better as a hobby than a career because you can get burnt out really quick in the advertising world. That's where I'm at right now.
  • So... what's everyone doing for NYE? ::ducks to miss snowballs coming from ND::
  • EFF OFF GEORGIA.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Birdie- That's actually why I stopped going after it so hard out of school. I was interviewing with a firm in Chicago and the guy I was interviewing with got a call from a client, who didn't seem to care that he was in the middle of something and proceeded to spend 10 minutes telling him exactly what was wrong with the proof he had sent to them. He got off the phone, looked at me, and said "I don't get paid enough for this shiit."

My first thought was, I can't do that to myself!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_twenty-ten-bestworst-of-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0d63dd8e-37b8-4353-987e-73ed18b5709cPost:ed8e1aa3-5d77-4bf4-af23-4c11ea75387b">Re: The Twenty-Ten Best/Worst of List</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Twenty-Ten Best/Worst of List : It's the oatmeal. Similar stuff.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

Yes this. Thanks Any.  : )

Birdie I'm a graphic designer but mostly print design. I don't mess with web too much.

The pay for GD in my area is decent. It's competitive and you generally start out lower and work your way up. But I love it and there's so much potential to make a lot of money while still enjoying your job. I can freelance and make extra and I can do things myself like wedding albums, photo-retouching, invitations etc, which saves me money. So it all evens out to an extent.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_twenty-ten-bestworst-of-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0d63dd8e-37b8-4353-987e-73ed18b5709cPost:7aa8c022-d19e-4ec6-bded-4220fa9132b9">Re: The Twenty-Ten Best/Worst of List</a>:
    [QUOTE]So... what's everyone doing for NYE? ::ducks to miss snowballs coming from ND::
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]

Man, I"m not doin' nuttin. 
  • Um yeah that sounds about right. I want to get out of advertising, but I have no idea what I would do otherwise. I'm still waiting for my ah-hah moment.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_twenty-ten-bestworst-of-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0d63dd8e-37b8-4353-987e-73ed18b5709cPost:7aa8c022-d19e-4ec6-bded-4220fa9132b9">Re: The Twenty-Ten Best/Worst of List</a>:
    [QUOTE]So... what's everyone doing for NYE? ::ducks to miss snowballs coming from ND::

New. Orleans.   Face plant into bourbon street.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am probably... playing video games and going to be around 11 for NYE.  WOOHOO!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm also doing mostly nothing (maybe having a neighbor or two over).

That < New Orleans.

Are you going just for NYE?
  • NuggetBrainNuggetBrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    DUDE.  How could I have forgotten the whole "wishing P2's husband death" thing on THE site.  Whoever posted that should be made to sit and spin on a hot poker.  Srsly.  Lines.  You crossed them.

Also, P2, in regards to your alleged "Mexico vacation" that you're allegedly "going on", you'd better make damn sure to take pics or it didn't happen.  PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. 

*Pees on dress*

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• We're going to a friends party in our hometown I think. I would be more excited if I hadn't traveled the last 3-4 weekends. I"m exhausted.
  • We're supposed to be going to a party, but if the weather is as bad as they say it's going to be we'll be sitting at home watching all season 1 of Archer and laughing our goddamn asses off.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_twenty-ten-bestworst-of-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0d63dd8e-37b8-4353-987e-73ed18b5709cPost:bf6decdf-71bf-440f-8e85-348c4b1813cb">Re: The Twenty-Ten Best/Worst of List</a>:
    [QUOTE]DUDE.  How could I have forgotten the whole "wishing P2's husband death" thing on THE site.  Whoever posted that should be made to sit and spin on a hot poker.  Srsly.  Lines.  You crossed them. Also, P2, in regards to your alleged "Mexico vacation" that you're allegedly "going on", you'd better make damn sure to take pics or it didn't happen. <strong> PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.  *Pees on dress*
    </strong>Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

Please add my post from yesterday to this. The one with the Easter candy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_twenty-ten-bestworst-of-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0d63dd8e-37b8-4353-987e-73ed18b5709cPost:e0eb8fe5-c7b7-4032-8a1c-06897790b336">Re: The Twenty-Ten Best/Worst of List</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm also doing mostly nothing (maybe having a neighbor or two over). That < New Orleans.   Are you going just for NYE?

yep.  I'm going with H and H's best friend and H's best friend's girlfried.  H's bestie's family is from there and we are staying there one night.  I used to live there too so I'm excited. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're just going to have a friend over and hang out. Nothing special. I think last year we were in bed by 10pm. So sad.
  • It always gets me that I'll be celebrating NY's round about the same time you guys are getting home from work. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_twenty-ten-bestworst-of-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0d63dd8e-37b8-4353-987e-73ed18b5709cPost:11718445-6fa8-41fb-91b2-411a4cecef19">Re: The Twenty-Ten Best/Worst of List</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Twenty-Ten Best/Worst of List : yep.  I'm going with H and H's best friend and H's best friend's girlfried.  H's bestie's family is from there and we are staying there one night.  I used to live there too so I'm excited. 
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]

I'll catsit for you.  Just saying.

• NYE?  Oh, you know...getting married.  Not sure if you heard.  S'cool. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards