Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

all i do is look back at my wedding and be sad a little....

I uploaded songs on cds to give to the badn for every occasion (garter, bouquet...etc)  the one i thought i had that i didnt was our first dance song... this was the first thing to ruin the night. so the band sang a song... which i cant stand the voice of the singer... so i will make sure to not include that on my video. but that really upset me.
I was late to the church-late taking pictures-late to the reception.... it was just annoying. i mean i was happy.. but i was a little down at the same time cause i never wanted this to happen....
I didnt get a chance to make a speech to thank everyone....
i had to cut the cake super fast when ppl were going to the dessert take- it wasnt even annoucned because the band had started playing.
(its funny cause the week before we went to a wedding and all this same stuff happned and I swore it wouldnt happen to me~  :( and it did)

and then his family stole me away dancing~ i didnt even get to dance with my family pretty much at all.... my mom is really upset right now....
i thought i had a good time~ but looking back, i was too rushed and really didnt enjoy it.....

husband had a great time~ but thats because he wasnt stressing about all this stuff... the next day it hit me and i really wish i could have turned back time ......

but in the end were married and happy. <3

My Randomly Updated Planning Bio
EVERYTHING FOR SALE- JUST ASK!
Anniversary

Re: all i do is look back at my wedding and be sad a little....

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_look-back-wedding-sad-little?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:58848c1b-fa18-41e5-af4f-6770cdaab136Post:8effc740-8a42-470d-8c3c-564d07d22fbc">all i do is look back at my wedding and be sad a little....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I uploaded songs on cds to give to the badn for every occasion (garter, bouquet...etc)  the one i thought i had that i didnt was our first dance song... this was the first thing to ruin the night. so the band sang a song... which i cant stand the voice of the singer... so i will make sure to not include that on my video. but that really upset me. I was late to the church-late taking pictures-late to the reception.... it was just annoying.<strong> i mean i was happy</strong>.. but i was a little down at the same time cause i never wanted this to happen.... I didnt get a chance to make a speech to thank everyone.... i had to cut the cake super fast when ppl were going to the dessert take- it wasnt even annoucned because the band had started playing. (its funny cause the week before we went to a wedding and all this same stuff happned and I swore it wouldnt happen to me~  :( and it did) and then his family stole me away dancing~ i didnt even get to dance with my family pretty much at all.... my mom is really upset right now.... <strong>i thought i had a good time</strong>~ but looking back, i was too rushed and really didnt enjoy it..... husband had a great time~ but thats because he wasnt stressing about all this stuff... the next day it hit me and i really wish i could have turned back time ......<strong> but in the end were married and happy. <3</strong>
    Posted by flirtatiousgrk[/QUOTE]

Focus on the positives... You lived in the moment, and you are married!  Congratulations on your marriage, you tied the knot!  Welcome to married life!!!!

Tell your mom that you had a great time despite the numerous setbacks!  She has a son-in-law now, focus and move forward in life!!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • No wedding day runs completely perfectly (as nice as that would be!)

Like PPs have said, focus on the good moments, and on building your marriage. Your cake was absolutely stunning, by the way!
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • I agree with the above posters and your cake was soo beautiful!
  • jessfontjessfont member
    First Comment
    edited September 2010

You're not alone, flirtatious....I can go on and on, but I'll just say a few things-

The morning after the wedding, I woke up super early with anxiety about the night before, and I was in tears later when other aspects and mistakes came to light.

Oh, and I too ended up having to request our videographer edit out a key part of the reception (part of our toasts).  MIL's toast was self-serving, terrible and insulting to her ex/my-FIL.

In time, you'll forgive yourself, and you and others like your mom will also focus less on those disappointing moments.

On a brighter note, you and your dress, flowers and cake look gorgeous!

(6 years married but back on theknot because I'll soon be MOH and weddings are on the brain)
  • I agree with pp's. I understand how you are feeling, but you have to look on the bright side - you are married and together. No one's wedding day goes entirely perfect without a hitch or two of somesort. I felt like we could have gotten more pics and spent some more time dancing instead of making sure we were doing all the dances, etc. I wish we would have left some of that stuff out.

But the good thing is that you have your pictures to look back on and lots of happy memories of your special day being surrounded by family and friends, etc. And I think you will find that married life is great.

Btw - your cake was very beautiful!
  • You looked beautiful!
  • Your cake, hair, dress, invites and card box were amazing! Your BIO is my favorite one to stalk right now :)

O, AND your ring and engagement pictures!

The only thing, I like the little curly thing off if the 'v' on your stamp, good idea to nix it if you didn't like it tho.

• What I learned was that of all the mistakes or mishaps no one really noticed but you. 

With the first dance tho, you can still but that in there but maybe of course the videographer can add background music or your actual song or something.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thank you ladies.... :)
    i know i have to reflect on the good stuff....
    the hard thing is, not really remembering the night! (and i didnt even drink lol)
    but both his parents and mine and hubby were all mad that his uncle and cousins stole me from dancing with my family...

the one thing hubby & I are looking forwards to now is having a BABY :)
    spending so much time planning this wedding, now i just feel so... bored..? theres nothing to fulfil my time. I cant wait to get pregnant :)

NIKIKRUISE:
     im Greek (not sure if you are) but we used a Greek band from cleveland
    and the cake compnay i went with is from Akron: creme de la creme. it was a yummy inside as it looked outside. :)

lisaD26 :thank you haha~ the "v" was cute but it didnt look right on the invitation. (to me at least)

Anniversary
  • Its been almost six months and every once in a while ( like today when I pulled up this board) I get sad that the wedding was over and I too had some regrets, mostly regarding photos and also dancing...like you!  I felt that the night just went too quickly and I can't believe I really didn't dance with my brother, and none of my male uncles and cousins.  In fact, I feel like I mostly danced with my Husband and father and that's it....BUT....I sigh and say "it's ok!"...Nothing is perfect and even if I don't remember everyone being there with me, they were....they were there...They were as much a part of my husband's and I's first dance as the two of us were, etc, etc.
    And by the way I really like the idea someone said as putting in your first dance and having the videographer put in your real song over it.  That is an awesome idea and I hope that makes you feel better!
    And your cake is the most gorgeous cake I have EVER SEEN
  • Thank you CRISSYO  :) i loved my cake too :)

Anniversary
  • I know that feeling all too well. My wedding just didn't come together the way I wanted to and even a year later its hard sometimes. I had to have a really short reception and ended up not getting the linens that we should have. I don't remember much either, because it went by so fast. Thankfully my photog was amazing and my photos look like a million bucks! I have just decided that we will have to do a pretty awesome vow renewal someday. Your cake is totally amazing by the way! :)
  • Perfect Idea.  I  think I will want to do a vow renewal one day.  I feel during my vows I way WAYYY too shy and nervous and choked up, and barely could get the words out ahhhh.. I am totally doing a vow newel probably 25 year anniversary ha ha.. Here is a video to show you what do you guys think?  Was I way too shy, or is that normal to be shy..

http://vimeo.com/14949079
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah I am right there with you guys. My reception went so fast-and I did take moments to just stop and watch what was going on around me. It's still all just a blur and I am so damn sad that there is no more planning or build up. Wht do you do with yourself now that it is all done????? Being the bride is hard because you are left wondering how things went rather then having been able to see it all for yourself. I really wish I could have seen my maids walk into the church and be introduced. I know they all looked so lovely but I miss not seeing their grand entrances. And I really hope the people I didn't talk to undestand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards