Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Registry Blues

I registered with 2...BB&B and Walmart. I keep track of them so I know if things are not available so I can switch it with something similar. BB&B I haven't had a problem with, it's Walmart. I don't have much and now I looked at it today and most of my stuff is 'Not Available' and knowing Walmart it'll stay that way. I wanted to do Meijer, but they don't have a registry. Can anyone make any suggestions of other stores or any advice? Thanks.

Re: Registry Blues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think these types of things happen around big holiday times when store have mega clearances of items.

Can you look for other items that are similar?
  • Options
    You could just have BB&B.  Maybe Kohls, Macy's, Target (although with Target you'll be in the same boat as Wal Mart). 

I would just check back in February.  Unless you have a shower that is 6 months in advance you should be fine, nobody is going to buy you guys a gift 6 months before the wedding, if anything they aren't going to buy it until the day of the shower/wedding. 
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Options
    Wow, I didn't even know Walmart had a registry! Like PP said, that is the peril of selecting your registry around holiday time. Sometimes it's not so obvious when an item is seasonal. Switch those items over to another store, or just wait until closer to choose newer items.

If you really want Meijer and have tech savvy friends/family, then you can do an online registry with one of those sites like Amazon or MyRegistry. Then you can pull from whatever store's online selection.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_registry-blues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:90d9aa05-2cae-4008-92d7-a381b75dfe8fPost:30d08537-a8b2-403b-8c82-4c568442d593">Re: Registry Blues</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, I didn't even know Walmart had a registry! Like PP said, that is the peril of selecting your registry around holiday time. Sometimes it's not so obvious when an item is seasonal. Switch those items over to another store, or just wait until closer to choose newer items. If you really want Meijer and have tech savvy friends/family, then you can do an online registry with one of those sites like Amazon or MyRegistry. Then you can pull from whatever store's online selection.
    Posted by rlavach[/QUOTE]

THIS! I would also love if Meijer had a registry because they carry a lot of the same products as other stores and but I would rather give money to a smaller company. If you create one of those amazon registries you can register items from ANY web site and Meijer.com actually has a wider selection of household items anyways.
  • Options
    The same thing happened to me with my registry regarding Target. Probably almost half of what I had on there would be out of stock from time to time. I'd try to go with another store like Kohls or Macys or maybe even sign up for something like myregistry.com where you can pool together things from several stores into one registry.
    Peggy
  • Options
    Amazon, or Macy's. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards