Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Makeup Application at Ulta

Hello Ladies. I was considering getting my makeup done at Ulta for my e-pics. I have a makeup artist booked for the wedding, but I didnt want to spend $65 on an application from her for the e-pics when Ulta is only $30. Does anyone have any experiences with the Ulta in either Monroeville or The Waterfront for makeup application? Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Makeup Application at Ulta

• My experience at Monroeville Ulta was so-so.  They tried to sell me more stuff rather than make me look nice - I was there to actually purchase stuff I was trying on.  Although I did walk away looking okay, I just would not have been comfy with that being my e-pic look.  So maybe if you tell them it is for an e-pic they would do better? 
  • I went to Ulta in Monroeville to have them show me how to do my make-up for my wedding and the girl I worked with was amazing.  She was really good at not pressuring me to buy tons of stuff, and understanding that I was trying to work with a budget. 
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_makeup-application-at-ulta?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:59acf2b0-8af2-496e-a3f7-35b7e5bc080bPost:0a1af2fc-3179-4d08-890a-82df8506a0fe">Re: Makeup Application at Ulta</a>:
    [QUOTE]My experience at Monroeville Ulta was so-so.  They tried to sell me more stuff rather than make me look nice - I was there to actually purchase stuff I was trying on.  Although I did walk away looking okay, I just would not have been comfy with that being my e-pic look.  So maybe if you tell them it is for an e-pic they would do better? 
    Posted by LilyWater09[/QUOTE]

Did you have your makeup done at the actual Salon in Ulta or did one of the girls on the floor do your makeup? I really dont want the Salon hassling me to buy products ha..I just want my makeup to look nice and fresh!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • One of the girls on the floor did my make-up. 
  • I was looking into getting it done in the Salon that they have there. it is listed as a service, but now I am wondering if it is just one of the girls on the floor that does it? I definately don't want to pay someone $30 just off the floor that doesn't do this as a profession, ha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Are you planning to do a trial with your MUA? If so, I would recommend having it done for your e-pics. That's what I did. My MUA charges less for the trial than she does the big day so it worked out great. It made paying for the trial worthwhile and now I know what I like for the wedding day. It also made me 100% sure that I want airbrush makeup because I was on the fence about that before the trial. Just a thought!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_makeup-application-at-ulta?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:59acf2b0-8af2-496e-a3f7-35b7e5bc080bPost:d31aa2c3-dd8a-4f90-9e87-8917fdb397f3">Re: Makeup Application at Ulta</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you planning to do a trial with your MUA? If so, I would recommend having it done for your e-pics. That's what I did. My MUA charges less for the trial than she does the big day so it worked out great. It made paying for the trial worthwhile and now I know what I like for the wedding day. It also made me 100% sure that I want airbrush makeup because I was on the fence about that before the trial. Just a thought!
    Posted by Caitlynmk[/QUOTE]

Yes I am planning on doing a trial with her, but I didnt think that the way I will have my make up on my wedding day will be the same as the way I want it for my e-pics. Also, I wanted to just run to the local Ulta, get it done and get out. Whereas with my trial with the MUA I wanted to be able to have the time not to rush incase things need changed.

Now that I am thinking about it... I may just try a local salon that does makeup application that way I will know a professional is doing it and it will be faster then the in home trial from my MUA.

Thank you all ladies, you saved me from what could be a hot mess at Ulta :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you can, go to Sephora.  You pay $50 but it's a gift card that you can use (or gift) any time and they don't pressure you to purchase things.  
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • KSerafin17KSerafin17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_makeup-application-at-ulta?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:59acf2b0-8af2-496e-a3f7-35b7e5bc080bPost:50b359ee-6dcc-4689-bc3c-b2ad615da3ca">Re: Makeup Application at Ulta</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you can, go to Sephora.  You pay $50 but it's a gift card that you can use (or gift) any time and they don't pressure you to purchase things.  
    Posted by erbear84[/QUOTE]

That would work. I can go to the one at Ross Park. I actually just realized I can't go to a salon because we are getting our pictures taken Labor Day Monday and salons will be closed, so Sephora works!

Thank you for the suggestion!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i am getting my makeup done for the 1st time at ulta. and i was wondering if you could request the type of makeup to use or do they simply pick it themselves?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards