Not Engaged Yet

Confession

I've been listening to Bryan Adams all day and eating Dove chocolate.

What is wrong with me?? I'm right out of a cheesy Meg Ryan movie.

(I think I've hit the sappy point of the month, if you know what I mean).

Re: Confession

• paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Oooooh.... oooooohhhh.... That's bad. Hang in there.
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been telling people that I'm not available for appointments tomorrow when really I am, but I just don't want to come in.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Paint - I know Embarassed It's really bad. Hahaha. Last night we were working on our must play list and playing a bunch of the songs and I just kept crying because I was excited. I can't wait until 2 days from now when I'm a normal human being again. I'm sure he can't either.

Loopy - that makes me feel a little better.
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    Kat - I do what I can.

Could I use the OT pay? Of course, but my sanity is way more valuable than an hour or two of OT pay. Not to mention the unneeded miles on my car that are already a bit over the alotted amount for the lease.
  • callmepriscallmepris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG...I'm not sure if we are talking about the same time of month, but I have been PMSing so bad! It has been awful! I've been in the worst of moods...The only thing that I can tell myself is to think positively! I'm usually upbeat, but this time of the month needs to pass a little quicker!
  • rickylee244rickylee244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I left work an hour ago because I felt like it lol.  Since I was spending the afternoon knottng and watching lifetime movies on hulu. So dont feel too bad!
    Photobucket Visit The Nest! Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confession-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:abe18547-73ea-4ccc-8170-bfb9b6213e47Post:2aef1cdf-b09d-4ed6-a429-47c3de519c7d">Re: Confession</a>:
    [QUOTE]I left work an hour ago because I felt like it lol.  Since I was spending the afternoon knottng and watching lifetime movies on hulu. So dont feel too bad!
    Posted by rickylee244[/QUOTE]

Ricky, you are my kinda gal. Especially today.
  • edited December 2011
    Here's my HUGE confession:

I just sent out our TY notes. 

We suck.  There are a million excuses/reasons as to why they are late, and I feel horrible about it.  I keep telling myself better late than never, but it isn't helping my guilt. 

I am determined to get the TY notes for our baby shower out the week after the shower to make up for this snafu. 

• loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011

One of my friends got married in September of last year and still hasn't sent our her TY's.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just got a thank you note last week from a friend who got married the begining of July of last year! And aside from that they were at our wedding a month ago and addressed the envelope (hand written) to Mr. MD and Miss. E maiden name ... instead of Mr. and Mrs.  which kind of annoyed me
  • edited December 2011
    Enh.  My cousin hasn't sent hers and she was married a month before us.  Then again, her shower was over a year ago... and still nada.  I am not holding my breathe.

Lame reasons/excuses
    1 - Were waiting for our pro pictures to make the actual than you cards
    2 - Finally, got them right before Christmas
    3 - Then, I got knocked up and knocked out.  Anything more than laying on the couch induced vomitting
    4 - Got swept up in DIY projects for friend's shower and wedding
    5 - DH kept saying he wanted to help, but he has no time during the week and the last thing either one of us wanted to do on the weekends was TY notes

No matter what, I still feel the Catholic guilt for not getting them out sooner. 

Does being pretty make up for their tardiness?

• edited December 2011
    I only recently got ours sent out too Mutley and I have absolutely no good reason for not doing them sooner - and some of them have been returned for bad addresses so I am feeling *really* bad about those because they are to people that I don't actually know and I'm having a hard time getting correct addresses
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very pretty! Love them!
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    I think being pretty makes up for the tardiness.

Honestly I didn't even realize my friend hadn't sent hers out until she said something about it. I tend to throw them away when I get them so I never remember if one was mailed or not. Unless it involves a picture. I will keep a picture but not a thank you note.
  • bajedivabajediva member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, it for sure makes up, Mutley! That is gorgeous!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say their prettiness certainly makes up for it. And I would think you seem like the kind of person who would write a nice note inside.

I'd rather a nice thank you note 6 months later than a quick generic one that I got right away.
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I just drank a whole starbucks frappachino. And that I now feel sick. I also confess that a certain FB note is making me baby crazy. I confess that I am annoyed at my dad for being lame and am going to write whatever the hell I want on my invites.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confession-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:abe18547-73ea-4ccc-8170-bfb9b6213e47Post:295ae0a0-2abf-412f-b346-f2a76de02d19">Re: Confession</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would say their prettiness certainly makes up for it. And I would think you seem like the kind of person who would write a nice note inside. I'd rather a nice thank you note 6 months later than a quick generic one that I got right away.
    Posted by katanne9[/QUOTE]

This was another part of the problem.  I only like writing 3 or 4 at a time because I dislike generic thank you's.  I will say that every single one has a personal anecdote in it.     

You ladies are making me feel better. 
    edited December 2011
    Kat - I get the same way. BF has never seen me like that - one of the benefits of LDR. But now I live here. Eventually he'll see it! (But only 4 times a year - gotta love science!) And the first time, he'll be out of town. HAH!!! :)
  • BlueBoxBrideBlueBoxBride member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You girls need to get on the Seasonique. It's f***** awesome. I can choose to have my period every 3 months and when I do decide to have a period, I don't have any cramps or anything. No weight gain, no changes in personality... it's the best BC ever. 

"I liked it, so I put a ring on it" - future Mr. Box
    edited December 2011
    Seasonique is really expensive. I take a regular pill but take it for 3 months straight (with dr's approval) then go off for a week, then back on for 3 months. It rocks.

It's AMAZING how different pills react with different people. I was on one that almost made me suicidal for 3 days a month. Told dr, she gave me new pill, way better...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards