Honeymoon Discussions

Is it that much Grander??

FI and I want to go to St. Lucia for our August HM.  We are planning to go to either the Sandals Regency or Grande.  The Grande is about a grand more expensive than the Regency.  What is the difference??  Is it worth the extra money to go to the Grande or is the Regency amazing as well?  If anyone has visited these resorts please tell me your thoughts.  TIA
August 2010's LAST Siggy Challenge: Favorite Picture of Us
imageBIO Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Is it that much Grander??

• so I am getting married at the Grande, we have friends who are staying at the Regency.  I know it is cheaper, but I wanted the best beach for the wedding and my TA was brutally honest with me.  I am a big beach person and we don't golf so that is why we picked the Grande.  My friends/family might stay with us but others have already decided to stay at the Regency and just shuttle over to the grande.  If you are worried, you should talk to someone or use a TA.  I know you will probably get a bunch of responses here from others.  (my ta is Jennifer at VIP). PM me if you want her contact info;Cool
  • You may have your answers by now but just in case -

We've been looking into the same  for our HM.  I haven't been so I can't say what it is like for sure but I've read a lot of reviews on tripadvisor.com and talked to a travel agent.  The regency is on a hillside.  The resort is very spread out.  The beach is small crescent shaped, perhaps rocky and can get "red-flagged" or closed if the surf is bad.  The regency has the golf course onsite, more restaurants (La Toc -the french restaurant and the Japanese restaurant are supposed to be amazing here) and to me seems like the more "private" style of resort - not as party like.

The Grande - has a large, although narrow beach, with calmer waters.  Fewer restaurants - although if you like pub food the pub is supposed to be good.  Gordon's restaurant is also supposed to be great but is only included for butler level guests.  I think the grande has more water sports - water skiiing, tubing, etc. since the long beach is right there.  The pool can get more rowdy according to the reviews and lively.  Could be noisy if your room overlooks the pool.

It's totally a personal decision on what you're looking for with your trip.  If privacy and an awesome room are goals - I'd say go for the rooms at the regency on the bluffs.  If you can't afford or don't care so much about the room and want a lot to do on the resort (outside of the room) go for the grande.

Hope that helps a little.  It's nice to summarize for myself since we haven't come to a final decision yet either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards