Ohio-Toledo

Limos

Can anyone recommend a good limo company, decently priced that may still have something for this year? Im actually looking for a limo bus (since my gown is large I dont want to have to scoot accross a seat)

Re: Limos

• catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Birmingham Limo.  I was very pleased with them.  The driver was prompt, and very polite.  I didn't feel like I was rushed at all.  He showed up at 2:30, and the ceremony was going on a little longer than expected and formals were taking longer than expected, but he didn't show any kind of exasperation.

He knew all the places we wanted to go and dropped us off at our destination right on time.

They were slightly more expensive then some other places I looked at, but their fee included gratuity.  We also got 2 bottles of champange in the limo, glasses, napkins in our wedding colors, and a "Just Married" sign.  Plus the Limo was extremely clean, which made me happy.  I've been in some not-so-clean ones and was very pleased with Birmingham.

http://www.birminghamlimo.com/
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We are using Childers limosines.  They gave us an excellent price on our bus. I don't have their contact info offhand.  Let me know if you need it!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_limos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:7b016a10-5b79-412b-8c27-24d112c46b3bPost:48f239b7-6e4a-4944-89b9-70d4eb31ca8a">Re: Limos</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used Birmingham Limo.  I was very pleased with them.  The driver was prompt, and very polite.  I didn't feel like I was rushed at all.  He showed up at 2:30, and the ceremony was going on a little longer than expected and formals were taking longer than expected, but he didn't show any kind of exasperation. He knew all the places we wanted to go and dropped us off at our destination right on time. They were slightly more expensive then some other places I looked at, but their fee included gratuity.  We also got 2 bottles of champange in the limo, glasses, napkins in our wedding colors, and a "Just Married" sign.  Plus the Limo was extremely clean, which made me happy.  I've been in some not-so-clean ones and was very pleased with Birmingham. <a href="http://www.birminghamlimo.com/" rel='nofollow'>http://www.birminghamlimo.com/</a>
    Posted by catarntina[/QUOTE]

My original thought was to go with them, but when I called to book the lady was kind of mean. So I started looking elsewhere.
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_limos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:7b016a10-5b79-412b-8c27-24d112c46b3bPost:2ef72ca8-6087-473b-adf1-d697d5be6c69">Re: Limos</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Limos : My original thought was to go with them, but when I called to book the lady was kind of mean. So I started looking elsewhere.
    Posted by CoCo'sMommy[/QUOTE]

That sucks.  The girl I talked to was very nice... but this was almost a year ago that I booked.  So it may not be the same person.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • shelly&joshshelly&josh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just used A1 Limos for our B-parties this weekend. They were great, prompt, I am def. going to use them again!
  • medatcmedatc member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I just booked with Birmingham for my wedding and the girl I talked to was nice and I was suprised their prices were lower than what was in the flyer I got at a bridal show.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_limos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:7b016a10-5b79-412b-8c27-24d112c46b3bPost:7d491d6c-79d8-406c-bac4-22247ec6daaf">Re: Limos</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just booked with Birmingham for my wedding and the girl I talked to was nice and I was suprised their prices were lower than what was in the flyer I got at a bridal show.
    Posted by medatc[/QUOTE]

I just got a quote with them via email and it was the same as the bridal show price $599.00 for the limo bus(land yacht) Im probably still going to go with them since I havent found anything better. Maybe the lady was having an off day.
  • edited December 2011
    If you can avoid telling them you are booking for a wedding you may have more luck.  I know that sounds dumb, but I've heard multiple stories of people calling limo companies and basically being laughed at if they were calling for a wedding any less than 6 months in advance.  But if you call for a b-party or other special event they have no problem booking you whenever!  We got the bus for my b-party less than a month in advance I think.  (My sister did it though so I can't help with company name & info).
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • medatcmedatc member
    edited December 2011
    This is what I got back from them when inquiring for my Nov. 19th wedding....
     15 passenger Land Yacht : $437.29 (limo bus)16-18 passenger Hummer : $475.3118-20 passenger Escalade : $513.3426 passenger Super Land Yacht : $608.40 (limo bus) Each Package includes :- 3 hours of service in the local Toledo area- Tax and gratuity for your chauffeur- 2 bottles of chilled champagne- ice and glasses- matching napkins to your wedding colors- a red carpet roll out following the ceremony- "Just Married" signs attached to the vehicle
  • medatcmedatc member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_limos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:7b016a10-5b79-412b-8c27-24d112c46b3bPost:7a0c3e98-84eb-4fe5-b8fd-f5608171cba2">Re: Limos</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Limos : I just got a quote with them via email and it was the same as the bridal show price $599.00 for the limo bus(land yacht) Im probably still going to go with them since I havent found anything better. Maybe the lady was having an off day.
    Posted by CoCo'sMommy[/QUOTE]
     <div>
    </div><div>Maybe it was because my wedding is in November that the rate was lower???</div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_limos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:7b016a10-5b79-412b-8c27-24d112c46b3bPost:e4dc8be6-7c46-46ab-b064-67247ab7dc2e">Re: Limos</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is what I got back from them when inquiring for my Nov. 19th wedding....   15 passenger Land Yacht : $437.29 (limo bus) 16-18 passenger Hummer : $475.31 18-20 passenger Escalade : $513.34 26 passenger Super Land Yacht : $608.40 (limo bus)   Each Package includes : - 3 hours of service in the local Toledo area - Tax and gratuity for your chauffeur - 2 bottles of chilled champagne - ice and glasses - matching napkins to your wedding colors - a red carpet roll out following the ceremony - "Just Married" signs attached to the vehicle
    Posted by medatc[/QUOTE]

I wonder if it is because your wedding is in november...Mine is in August and the 15 passenger is $599 and includes everything you mentioned... Lucky duck!
  • edited December 2011
    I apologize if anyone seemed mean or hasty with you.  Please rest assured that we take great pride in being the most professional service around.  In fact, many brides have booked with us simply because they said we were so nice on the phone.

Please call me directly if you have not booked already and I will personally handle your reservations.

Thank you.

Michael Birmingham - President
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards