Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Show me your photo sharing business cards

So I've been thinking these would be a good idea, and I went on to Vistaprint today, and they are 80% off today. So show me your examples, what wording, and if you used a photo sharing site, which one you used, how it works, etc.
TIA

Re: Show me your photo sharing business cards

• edited December 2011

Thanks for asking this Laura! This is one of the next things on my to-do list also, and if they are 80% off, I should hop to it!

• amberh0515amberh0515 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I ordered through VistaPrint last month, I ordered 250 for $9!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • shameless_adshameless_ad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's ours.  Just so you know, Vistaprint will very often have the business cards for free, so if you create the ones you want and just save in your portfolio, you might get a free offer soon. 

If you have a lot of time before the wedding, I actually received mine with the glossy finish free too.  You just need to wait for the email with the best offer for you.

Bio - Updated 7/25/10
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 284 Invited image 182 Attending image 96 Declined image 6 Not yet replied
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and for the photosharing site, I chose flickr.com and just created a Yahoo account specifically for the photosharing, so the username is our two last names and the password is wedding.  It makes it fairly simple for people (it only took my Mom 3 tries to figure it out, which is good!)
    Bio - Updated 7/25/10
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Shameless I love that design.. was that a template on the site or did you design it?
  • laura_fettlaura_fett member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks ladies! Right now they are 80% off, so for 250 their $4. I thought it was a pretty good deal.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Both, kind of.  I couldn't find any ready-made designs I liked, so I started with a blank card template and searched through their images.  I searched by color, since I knew I wanted it to be red.

There was one large image I liked, which I cropped to fit into the corner, and then just flipped it for each corner.  It was putzy, but worth it, since it will match our invitations pretty closely.

Bio - Updated 7/25/10
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Nice I think I am going with red too so I'll have to start searching  :)
  • LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine were free - sign up for the emails.  I'll PIP when I get back to work tomorrow - I have a .jpg there of the photo sharing cards we had.

Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    I got 250 for free + shipping. Pic in bio, I just used one of their templates since it made it cheaper and I didn't care too much.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    OK at the risk of sounding stupid how excalty are you guys desgining them or doing them on vistaprint?
    As a Business Card or Personal Business Card or is it under Wedding?
    I'm lost with this site haha
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did business cards.  Because I'm picky, I didn't use any of the free templates, but created my own under Premium Business Cards.  If you sign up for their emails, you will get an offer to get the premium cards free almost every week.
    Bio - Updated 7/25/10
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    edited December 2011
    I would DEF wait to get them for free! They send out emails for free business cards out all the time so I wouldnt buy them unless they are free!

Here is mine:
  • edited December 2011

Are you guys just setting these cards out at the reception/ sending them with the invite... or how do you "give" them out?

June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • amberh0515amberh0515 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sending them out in Thank Yous. I hope to get those out within 2 weeks of the wedding.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ooooh! Got ya!  I love love love more candid pictures, so I will have to remember to do these!
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • laura_fettlaura_fett member
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking of having them on the tables, so people know that we want their pictures, then sending them out in TYs so they have the info in case they lost the card.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just bought three business card holders from Office Depot (nice wood ones for $4 each).  We'll put one in each bathroom, by our bathroom baskets, and one on the bar.  I'll also save enough of the cards to put one in thank you notes after the wedding.
    Bio - Updated 7/25/10
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KnibletKniblet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made these on my laptop using PowerPoint and printed them out on cardstock.

vacation vacation vacation vacation
    It's almost here! Weeeeeeee!
    my read shelf:
    Jaime's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    43/70 books read

Back in June 2010...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards