North Carolina

Videographers

When I first started planning, FI really wanted one and I didn't think it was necessary. Now that i've seen spectacular videos that are so much more higher quality than the old videos I was expecting to see. So my next question is..how much do they cost?? I've looked at Barton Creek and they start at $2500. Is that normal, high end, low end? What about Cinematrimony?? What prices do they usually charge? I really want one but I don't want to spend as much on videography as im spending on photography...that would be 20% of my total budget.
Photobucket

Re: Videographers

• pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We thought about videography and didn't go with it.  I don't remember any specific places but I do remember thinking that it was kind of like photography, you get what you pay for.  I was more interested in putting my money into photos and food than into video, so we didn't do it. 
  • edited December 2011
    Here's something a LOT more budget friendly -- a friend of mine actually is the videographer for this business.  His name is Jeremy Russell.  

Starts around $350 for 1 videographer.  If want a second camera and second cameraman, add $300.  Fairly reasonable, and he does absolutely FANTASTIC work.

he is actually working for one of the news stations - WRAL, I think.  Knows what he's doing behind the camera, and having a music / event background, he knows how to be tactful and capture what you want. 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    i have a high school church friend who does wedding videography so I thought maybe he'd give me a special discount.  nope, he charges $3500.  yikes!  I quickly told him no.  I'm going to look into Kelly's videographer posted above!  Otherwise, I may not do one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I wanted one, DH did not... It was out of our budget, I'm with Mary, I would have rather put more money into photos and food.

Too bad we didn't know about Kelly's friend above, that would have definitely been do-able.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We paid $2000 + travel fees for our package with Cinematrimony.  I believe KA Studios is also in the same price range.

I'd say that above $2500 is expensive, and you can definitely get something great for a little less than that, depending on where you are/what you want. 
  • alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Mary and Holly.  We decided to slurge on a few other things we thought were more important.  We have tons of video from friends.  The only one I feel somewhat of an attachment to is the video someone took of our first dance. We took dance lessons, so I was really excited someone got video of it. Otherwise, the rest of the video reminds me of high school prom videos, everyone around dancing.  I have gotten so much out of my photos that I feel investing in a good photog is 100x better.
  • edited December 2011
    we used KA studios out of charlotte.  our highlights video is linked in my siggy.  we were able to work out a custom package with only 1 videographer to save money and he was amazing.  I highly recommend them.

0Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_videographers-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:fdcd6c86-79c5-4d66-b4e4-00e85b260141Post:7f1cf83d-e2f7-46c9-8b88-40eacb281efd">Re: Videographers</a>:
    [QUOTE]we used KA studios out of charlotte.  our highlights video is linked in my siggy.  we were able to work out a custom package with only 1 videographer to save money and he was amazing.  I highly recommend them.
    Posted by MelBee12[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!! Your baby boy is just so precious!!!
    Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_videographers-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:fdcd6c86-79c5-4d66-b4e4-00e85b260141Post:1319acb1-0f6a-4d2e-8d27-163d5a337db0">Re: Videographers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here's something a LOT more budget friendly -- a friend of mine actually is the videographer for this business.  His name is Jeremy Russell.   <a href="http://www.aspecialmoment.us/" rel="nofollow">http://www.aspecialmoment.us/</a> Starts around $350 for 1 videographer.  If want a second camera and second cameraman, add $300.  Fairly reasonable, and he does absolutely FANTASTIC work. he is actually working for one of the news stations - WRAL, I think.  Knows what he's doing behind the camera, and having a music / event background, he knows how to be tactful and capture what you want. 
    Posted by kellya01[/QUOTE]

Wow thanks!! Im def. gonna check him out!! That is totally reasonable and I know FI would go for that as opposed to the $2500 one. Thanks for this!!
    Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    I did the exact same as MelBee (with KA Studios).  It was worth every cent.
    image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_videographers-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:fdcd6c86-79c5-4d66-b4e4-00e85b260141Post:0af355ac-d89e-46c4-85ef-d638b9b5d345">Re: Videographers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Videographers : Thanks!!! Your baby boy is just so precious!!!
    Posted by jmp0930[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Aww thanks!  Good luck..I hope something works out for you!! :)

</div>

0Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Videography is one thing I was going to skip due to budget, but it's actually the one vendor I'm REALLY glad we had. In my opinion, you just can't get the true excitement and emotion in still photography as you can in motion video.

We used Brantley with Ravenwood Productions. We paid $800 for 8 hours of video with two cameras and 3 DVD final products. The final products even included a clip from a pre-wedding "interview" of DH and I as we talked about how we met and why we're so in love which was filmed at the spot of our proposal/engagement. We've been married 6 months and I've watched our video at least 4 times. It's priceless!

Ravenwood Productions is based in Raleigh, but traveled to Charlotte for our wedding for no travel costs.

Their site is under construction, but it still has contact information on it:
    http://www.ravenwood-productions.com/

And here is our highlight reel so you can see their fabulous work:
    http://www.vimeo.com/13090084
  • katheriner89katheriner89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_videographers-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:fdcd6c86-79c5-4d66-b4e4-00e85b260141Post:7f1cf83d-e2f7-46c9-8b88-40eacb281efd">Re: Videographers</a>:
    [QUOTE]we used KA studios out of charlotte.  our highlights video is linked in my siggy.  we were able to work out a custom package with only 1 videographer to save money and he was amazing.  I highly recommend them.
    Posted by MelBee12[/QUOTE]

Your video is amazingggggg.
    BTW. love the damask- it's what i'm doing also!

Thanks for sharing :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were going to skip this, but two weeks before the wedding I got to thinking about how I was going to miss all the beginning parts of the ceremony, and not hear the music we spent a lot of time picking, and not see the girls or the moms walking up the aisle.  So we ended up hiring one just for the ceremony (not the reception).  We went with Snyder Photography and they charged $375 for the ceremony.  She walked around a bit before and sort of tagged along with the photographers after to get some additional shots, which I didn't think she would do.  I have not seen the video yet, so can't do any recommending, but I thought the price was reasonable based on what I had seen. 

I had looked at some other videographers, and don't remember seeing many that were above $1500 for full 8 hour coverage -- so many check out some Greensboro/Winston-Salem area vendors who might have some cheaper prices and be willing to travel?
  • wedfor2wedfor2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the money on video or not but two of my friends showed me their video and I realized how much I would miss without one.  We are going with Cliff Nichols Photography & Cinematography.  After interviewing and viewing several videographers, (and photographers), hands down his work was the best.  He took the time to let us know what will be expected of us to get the kind of video we want instead of just showing us his work.  We are going with him on photography too.  As an added bonus he gave us a discount for booking both services.  He showed us how they incorporate stills into motion video.  I have never seen anything like this.  He doesn't directly advertise his video on the knot except thru his photography listing.  A couple of the other vendors we are hiring knew him well and gave him a thumbs up.  For us, we know we have made the right decision.  I hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards