• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
June 2011 Weddings

Yeap, I'm a bride.

It's Friday night and I'm sitting here on the computer on the knot while I'm printing my ceremony programs on my home printer.... one by one so they don't get jammed. I am so awesome. Anybody here? Let's play a game.. lol :)

Re: Yeap, I'm a bride.

• afb124afb124 member
    100 Comments
    Hey Joy!  I'm here - the song reco list is here & I am going to hop on iTunes to listen to a few.....although I'm totally exhausted, I've managed to put my 2nd load of laundry in the washing maching since I got home from work, cook dinner & now do this....FI felll asleep on the couch!!!!
  • Hola :) Nice!! I actually just finished some music stuff a few days ago and submitted my DJ planner to my DJ so he can look over my song lists and stuff. That felt REALLY good to get done!
  • Joy, I did the SAME thing for my programs! Used my mom's home printer and fed the pages in a few at a time...to make 100 programs that were 4 pages each, on a saturday night! Haha ooooh the joys of being a bride the last few weeks before the wedding!

What am I doing tonight? Playing on TK while watching episodes of SYTTD and Four Weddings haha.
    [IMG]http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p492/ktrue85/Due%20in%20June/Purple.jpg[/IMG]

TTC Baby #1 since 07.2012 ~ BFP 10.02.2012
  • In Response to Re: Yeap, I'm a bride.:
    [QUOTE]Joy, I did the SAME thing for my programs! Used my mom's home printer and fed the pages in a few at a time...to make 100 programs that were 4 pages each, on a saturday night! Haha ooooh the joys of being a bride the last few weeks before the wedding! What am I doing tonight? Playing on TK while watching episodes of SYTTD and Four Weddings haha.
    Posted by rockstar8575[/QUOTE]

ooo I wish I had cable. I am watching a rerun of Gossip Girl on CWTV. I know its trashy but I love it, I can't help myself.
  • I never got into Gossip Girl. I love trashy TV haha! Like seriously I cannot get enough of reality drama filled tv. Currently I am loving MobWives and Teen Mom. Talk about trashy haha! And Jersey Shore has to be my favorite show ever!
    [IMG]http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p492/ktrue85/Due%20in%20June/Purple.jpg[/IMG]

• afb124afb124 member
    100 Comments
    I think next weekend will be programs, so I'll be thinking of you as I am working on them & printing them out!
  • Ahh I love those shows too! Oh how we could have so much fun DVRing trashy tv together. Can.not.get.enough!!

Have fun working on your programs AFB I am about 1/4 way done but I am so happy that I am working on this!
  • edited May 2011

Haha we really would! I have even got FH into some of the shows! Not so much Teen Mom, but he likes Jersey Shore as much as I do, and he will NEVER admit this to anyone but me but I even likes to watch My Fair Wedding!!! hahaha!

afb, good luck with your programs!

OMG, ok side note...there was just a commercial on TLC for a new show. It's called My Big Fat Gypsie Wedding. What??! haha, seriously the shows that come out these days!

• afb124afb124 member
    100 Comments
    OK - I really have to go downstairs & put on TLC.  My Big Fat Gypsie Wedding/?? Seiously???
    [QUOTE]Hola :) Nice!! I actually just finished some music stuff a few days ago and submitted my DJ planner to my DJ so he can look over my song lists and stuff. That felt REALLY good to get done!
    Posted by joyfulbride424[/QUOTE]

Just finished this. My DJ's going to think I'm a bridezilla, I just wanted to be super specific about things. The online form they have you fill out doesn't have enough places to put everything so I had to write little thing in random places, and they only had space for about 10 must play songs, it made it difficult. Glad it's done now!
    I think I'm going to start typing up some of my lists to give to the DOC, get things a little organized before our meeting lol.
  • Ugh. Programs. I'm not doing them. I'm a bad bride. I think we will just do a chalkboard program, if anything.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Love is friendship on fire!
    2012 Reading Challenge
    Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 52 books.
    hide
  • I wish I didn't do them at this point. FI is VERY traditional, I can be swayed either way. I'm mostly traditional. I could stand to be without these. :(

• I was really all for them and excited to get started on them but when I did actually start I was getting so frustrated and just wished that I never did. But, in the end I am glad that I did because I think they came out great.

[QUOTE]I wish I didn't do them at this point. FI is VERY traditional, I can be swayed either way. I'm mostly traditional. I could stand to be without these. :(

We are pretty traditional too, especially when it comes to paper goods for some reason.. But when I sat down and looked at ALL the stuff I wanted to do, I freaked out and decided to just forgo some stuff. So, no programs, no tea bag covers, no tissue paper in the invitations, and a chalkboard menu.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Love is friendship on fire!
    2012 Reading Challenge
    Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 52 books.
    hide
    [QUOTE]I wish I didn't do them at this point. FI is VERY traditional, I can be swayed either way. I'm mostly traditional. I could stand to be without these. :(

I wasn't going to do them either, but my FI is traditional, too and really wants to have them. I'm indifferent. Since he's a computer wiz, he'll be helping me type them out and print them at his office.

I just finished writing Thank You's from my bridal shower and am watching SYTTD until FI gets off the phone. I've seen this episode before, but I can't help watching the reruns!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LOL- I am sitting on theknot, working on DJ list and watching SYTTD :) We are so
    bride-ish :)

•   I'm here now if any one is still around!  FI and I went to eat and to BBB to spend some of the gift cards we got Wednesday.  
      Oh the curse of the programs..........they are driving me crazy!
    Anniversary image
  • afb124afb124 member
    100 Comments
    Wow - what's up with our traditional FIs? Mine is too & pushed for the programs!  Hmmm....funny how they are the ones that wanted them yet we are the ones left to do them.....
  • I didn't really want programs myself either, but then I realized that our ceremony has parts to it that others won't expect. Most people think that the wedding ends at "You're now husband and wife, you may kiss the bride." At my church, however, the service continues past that. I don't want people clapping and expecting that when the anthem music starts playing, that they can get up and leave, lol. However, i'm still waiting to get a few little details straightened out in it, like the name and composer of the song that we chose for my entrance, and whether or not my church music director can play "Ave Maria" or not for the anthem. I also am still waiting on FI's family to actually respond to me when i've asked them about 500 times what his great grandpa's name was. They all called him Daddy Grandpa, but FI doesn't know what his real name was.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • If big fat gypsy wedding is the same in the us as if is in England then it I'd awesome! The most amazingly over the top crazy dresses, cakes, receptions! Well worth a watch.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards