Illinois-Chicago

Still No Ceremony Site.. HELP!

My reception is in Palos Hills, IL and I am in desperate need of a ceremony site.. preferably outside location (not necessarily a church, etc because I know most churches you have to be a member and for a certain length of time). Any ideas?

Re: Still No Ceremony Site.. HELP!

• edited December 2011
    Depending on how large your guest list is, Wayside Chapel is beautiful.

http://www.thecenterpalos.org/wedding/about_wayside_chapel.htm
  • edited December 2011
    We married in front of the chapel at Mayslake Peabody Estate in Oak Brook. With the tall trees and the mansion in the background it was stunning.

Another site you could use on the grounds is the Event Hall, which used to be a church, that could be your plan B in case of rain....

Check it out! www.mayslakepeabody.com Look at the Galley for pics...
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help! I will be checking them all out :)
  • akakoli81akakoli81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

i am going through the same thing!  I really wanted a church but mine is taken, some wont respond to me, and one said no even though the date is open because of blah blah blah...sigh..

• edited December 2011
    I would think most of the churches are run by older people who might be less tuned in to email. Try giving them a call. Depending on which religion you are, there are websites with temple and church listings. Whether you are Unitarian, Jewish, Catholic and lots of others.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! Another problem I am having is the fact that my wedding is on a SUNDAY! Of course churches are going to deny me :/
    I think my wedding is way too big for Wayside chapel but it is beautiful. Maybe I can invite only 50 people to the wedding and the rest to the reception lol
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_still-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:5574cb5f-0b85-4f45-ac9c-84e2b38fb5a4Post:7ffc2925-982c-4180-9812-7ebc3aa393aa">Re: Still No Ceremony Site.. HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks! Another problem I am having is the fact that my wedding is on a SUNDAY! Of course churches are going to deny me :/ I think my wedding is way too big for Wayside chapel but it is beautiful. Maybe I can invite only 50 people to the wedding and the rest to the reception lol
    Posted by brittanyjterrell[/QUOTE]

It's been done! I hope you find something that works for you!
  • edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards