Michigan-Grand Rapids

Big reception location near Holland with own caterer?

Hi friends!

My best friend is getting married in summer 2012 and she has a 300+ person guest list. They are both from Holland and are looking for a reception venue within 20 minutes of the Holland area that allows outside caterers. Any suggestions? The budget should hopefully be less than 2k for this. 

Thanks in advance!!

Re: Big reception location near Holland with own caterer?

• akhensley81akhensley81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Pinnacle Center in Hudsonville comes to mind, but I don't know if they allow outside caterers. It would definitely be worth a call.
  • edited December 2011
    Try the Holland Fish and Game Club, I think they allow outside catering  http://www.hfgclub.com/

Good luck
    Becky
  • gator5450gator5450 member
    edited December 2011
    Midtown center in downtown Holland is really large and I think you can have any caterer
  • jazzybaccjazzybacc member
    edited December 2011
    I would def recommend Pinnacle Center.  We're getting married there in October, they seat 380 with 10/table, 300 with 8/table.  They provide a DJ and catering services.  My FMIL worked with the chef and says he's fantastic and they're fairly reasonably priced.  Initial room fee is kind of steep but it includes a lot of items, including the DJ, water, pop and coffee, cake cutting, 4 hours of videography at the reception.  And they have screens to broadcast big moments of the reception, like the cake cutting.  (I might be a little biased!)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are also thinking the PInnacle, however you do have to use their caterer and they have a friday minimum of $5,000 and Saturday mimimum is $7,000.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We're having our reception at the Midtown Center in Holland this summer.  Our current guest list is at 325.  I think they're fee is around $1500 and you can bring in your own caterer (though it has to be off their "approved caterers" list).  We had a difficult time finding a place in Holland for that many guests as well, but when we found the Midtown Center, we were really excited because it's close to the church we're getting married at and it's just a really unique venue.  Good luck!!
    HPT 11/8/2012 EDD 7/29/2013 M/C 11/29/2012
  • I'm holding my wedding ceremony and recpetion at the Holland Fish & Game club, they have 2 halls one seats 175 the other 325+.  They let you bring in your own caterer, DJ, bartenders, alcohol, pretty much everything.  Nancy there is so helpful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards