Wedding Etiquette Forum

LET ME TRY THIS AGAIN.

For the record, so you all don't think I'm crazy, IT'S THERE, it's just not...THERE.
http://oi51.tinypic.com/2yzbcpd.jpg

But what THAT says up there is:

Do we have an influx of holiday engagement newbs all up in here?

I suck at life, and I don't recognize half of these SN's.

So. Tell me.

Lurker?

Newly engaged?

Old married hag?

And if you could have lunch with a knottie, who would it be an why. JUST ONE. No butthurtness is accepted if no one says your name, and I hope to god there isn't a KPS about someone being butthurt about not being asked to lunch. I ask because I think the posters people like says a lot about them, and I like to speculate, ok? SO.

FILL ME IN. <---- that's what she said.

AND IF THIS DOESN'T POST, I QUIT.
Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution

Re: LET ME TRY THIS AGAIN.

• Ah man.  I was having fun in the invisible thread.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Me too Fezz.

Anyway, I'm an old married hag. And I would like to have lunch with Emily, because that would mean I was in South America. Well, and because Emily is awesome. 
  • GUYS.

My invisible thread is maybe like...AN OFFBOARD!?!?!

THERE ARE OFFBOARDS?!!?

Boardwar.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Hag reporting, Sir!  Erm, Ma'am!
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Hey Bee! How's Julia feeling?

The Margarita Evolution
  • I am an old married hag that would probably have lunch with Anna. I love that girl. She's so classy. I really want to go against the rules and say all the people I want to have lunch with but I feel like fishy will punch me.
  • What's an offboard?

• There are a lot of Megs all up in here I noticed. I need a Meg flow chart.

And Shannon, I think you meant to say that you KNOW I would punch you.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I'm firmly in the old married hag camp. I have to pick one person for lunch? I'm going with LDY then. She's a fun lunch date.
  • I've been around for awhile -- nearing gold.

If I could have lunch with just one person, I would pick Milkduds. She seems like someone I'd probably get along with IRL.
    Anniversary
  • C&P from invisible post: H's cousin's boyfriend proposed to him on NYE.  I'm pretty excited about that one.  I don't think he's on TK, though.  I know a girl here got engaged on Christmas eve, but I'm not sure if she'll find her way to TK. 

I would like to have lunch with Fezz, just to see what the universe does when we are finally in the same place at the same time.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • <---Hag.

I'd have lunch with you, Fishy (I know, I'm a suck up). I generally like your outlook on life, and I kind of hope it would rub off on me. No one has ever described me as "chipper" and I'd like to work on being more approachable. I've been told I can come off as kind of cold and unfriendly.

Plus, there would be booze.
  • I'm engaged, but not really "newly" engaged.

and outside of the people with whom I am having lunch on sunday(!!!!!), I'd most like to have lunch with Midge because she is adorable.
  • HI. My name is Fishy, and I've been around for...like. A long time, I think.

In fact, I think my 4th anniversary is coming up here. HOLY FUCKING SHIIT.

My lunch date would be Nuggs, because...duh.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I'm a lurker; I post on occasion.

If I were going to have lunch with anyone, it would probably be Sesh because I agree with almost everything she posts.
  • I appreciate all forms of suckupery. Plus, I'm awesome, and we all know there'd be booze, I mean, what's not to love, really.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Oh see, there's some new faces I haven't seen!

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_let-try-this-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:5ce6d213-9d24-4c2d-9eac-d20cf47b7822Post:7cf3c90b-3c7a-46ca-bfcb-5a2b67d60d39">Re: LET ME TRY THIS AGAIN.</a>:
    [QUOTE]<---Hag. I'd have lunch with you, Fishy (I know, I'm a suck up). I generally like your outlook on life, and I kind of hope it would rub off on me. No one has ever described me as "chipper" and I'd like to work on being more approachable. I've been told I can come off as kind of cold and unfriendly. <strong>Plus, there would be booze.
    </strong>Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

There are GTGs without booze?  Say it ain't so! 
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • I'm engaged as of July so not that new. I usually post more in the evenings due to not having a job that facilitates posting. I would like to have lunch with Fishy to see how loud her voice is IRL. I would actually like to meet many people.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_let-try-this-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5ce6d213-9d24-4c2d-9eac-d20cf47b7822Post:2c87b07f-a4e4-4e4b-b136-6ba48d2284fc">Re: LET ME TRY THIS AGAIN.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm firmly in the old married hag camp. I have to pick one person for lunch? I'm going with LDY then. She's a fun lunch date.
    Posted by Jill9288[/QUOTE]
    High Five! I'd love to have lunch with you again! 
  • My voice is loud. I'm just kind of all around loud.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Can I say that I want to have lunch with all of the DC girls again?  Plus a few others?  Yeah I'm doing it wrong.  Whatever.

• I think I'm a pseudo newb?  I've been posting for quite a few months but am still at Bronze, but have finally figured who is who in the E regs, and find myself learning and reacting to personalities.

I have to choose just one person to have lunch with?  I can't have lunch with a bunch?  I know I'd want to job-shadow Eagles to see the sparkly things.  And I'd travel to Argentina to meet Emily. I think I'd do lunch with LC or Mel, their posts always make me laugh.
    Photobucket
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_let-try-this-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5ce6d213-9d24-4c2d-9eac-d20cf47b7822Post:605875f8-2316-46a6-bf6a-f7d04c3ae0ea">Re: LET ME TRY THIS AGAIN.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh see, there's some new faces I haven't seen!
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's hard to post sometimes just because of what my job is, but I really enjoy this board.
  • Old married hag here. I have been around here for a little while. I try to post more often now. 

I would go to lunch with Rachers only if we could go out later and get drinks. I think she would be a fun drinking buddy. 
  • And what is yoouuurrr joooooooobbbbb?

The Margarita Evolution
  • Oh and I'm still engaged, not yet married.  Forgot to add that. 
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_let-try-this-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5ce6d213-9d24-4c2d-9eac-d20cf47b7822Post:57f89ea3-d5ed-47ea-a22f-f38c352de3f9">Re: LET ME TRY THIS AGAIN.</a>:
    [QUOTE]And what is yoouuurrr joooooooobbbbb?
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

I work in cancer research.  I do a lot of sterile work, so I spend a lot of time in a room the size of a closet under a sterile hood.
  • I'm a hag, too. Married last June, been here since the previous summer when I got engaged. I don't exactly think of myself as a reg, though, since I don't usually post on the chatty type threads. But here I am now, anyway.

I pick AATB for my lunch date, because she seems like she would be really fun to hang out with. Fair warning, if you wear something that shows cleavage, I probably WILL stare at your boobs the whole time.

Can I have a second choice if AATB stands me up?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards