Plus-Sized
Options

Anyone else self conscious about their weight in their dress

My wedding is April 27. In january I went on a diet to try and lose weight so I could feel better about myself for the wedding. I did great at first and lost 15 pounds in a month, then I fell off the bandwagon and haven't been dieting or excersing. I'm really freaking out because my wedding is in 2 weeks and I feel so huge and there is nothing I can do about it. I love my dress but I know it would look a thousand times better on a skinny girl. Im 20 years old and I feel like I should be in far better shape. I was a healthy size 8 before I had my baby. Due to developing diabetes and thyroid issues during my pregnancy I am much bigger than I used to be. My dress is sleeveless and I am freaking out because my arms are so huge. I struggled with an eating disorder as a teen, I've come to accept my weight now but all of these crazy feelings have come rushing back. I'll take any advice anyone has.
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Anyone else self conscious about their weight in their dress

• Options
    Just know you're not alone with feeling self-conscious. I, too, am self-conscious. I worry about what everyone will think when they see me walk down the aisle. I wonder if they'll be focusing on how big I am rather than if I look pretty or not. My dress has shoulder straps and is sleeveless, but my veil tapers down across my arms which helps hide the upper, flabby arms.
  • Options
    I think most plus sized ladies are nervous about looking good especially on a day when all eyes are on you. What is getting me through is the fact that my fiance chose ME not some tiny lady with a perfect figure. He wouldn't expect me to be different on my wedding day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Great sentiment...

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_anyone-else-self-conscious-about-their-weight-in-their-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:476ea4b1-cfb5-4cfe-88be-ee0b4cb38d03Post:c8c43b7d-698e-44b7-9d90-626f5a6670ae">Re: Anyone else self conscious about their weight in their dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think most plus sized ladies are nervous about looking good especially on a day when all eyes are on you. <strong><em>What is getting me through is the fact that my fiance chose ME not some tiny lady with a perfect figure.</em></strong> He wouldn't expect me to be different on my wedding day.
    Posted by kittencandy[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards