Florida-South Florida

Simple Question!

Hi Ladies,

I am having a make up trial tomorrow and i was just wondering do you tip and if so how much? I have read on several post that if it is a self own company you don't tip but if its make up and hair do you? TIA
Daisypath Wedding tickers
image 157 Invited
image 118 are ready to party! image 35 have better things to do image04 are lollygagging
RSVP Date: March 31

Re: Simple Question!

• edited December 2011

Nope, I wouldnt if she owns her own company.

• Martica14Martica14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends!! I have heard the same thing that if its an own company, you dont tip. I guess it all depends on you! I will not tip my hair or makeup stylist for neither the trial or wedding day because we are paying them a lot to begin with.
    Martica and David Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker image Website: http://davidandmartica.weebly.com
  • edited December 2011
    No tip here!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's really up to you. My make up and hair lady owns her company. I still tipped her for my trial. It's not mandatory, but I'm sure it's appreciated.
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Like Christina said, not mandatory but appreciated! :)

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't tip either of them for my trials. (Both my ladies own their own companies.) Then again neither of them took a deposit from me after my trial, only payment for the trial itself. However I'm sure they'll both be tipped really well the day of.
  • JudeG20JudeG20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I think I wont tip till day of!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    image 157 Invited
    image 118 are ready to party! image 35 have better things to do image04 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: March 31
  • edited December 2011
    I plan on tipping for the make-up trial because she is not charging me.

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
  • edited December 2011
    Meh, I dont agree with the whole 'if they own their own company' stance. If you went to a restaurant and the owner waited on your table, would you be in the right to not tip him or her? Never. 

The bottom line is, a graturity is when you want to express your gratitude for a job well done. If you are delighted with the service and performance of the person who is working for you, by all means, tip them. 

If they phone it in or do a bad job, then don't. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards