South Carolina

**VENT** soo aggrevated at my June 16, Myrtle wedding planning.... sorry a little long..

We got engaged last year about 2 weeks before our family vacation to Myrtle Beach, I have two boys 8 and 10, and we loved it and decided to have our wedding there this year.. my FI's only request is that we stay were we did on vacation, The Sand Dunes Resort and Spa,  because, its kid friendly (almost everyone invited has kids), close to everything, yet out of the main downtown part.. well as I started planning, I found out, that its still in the Myrtle Beach city limits, so I can't get marreid on the beach.. so we settled on the lawn which is right next to beach, got our contract (which states, bali lawn and patio for ceremony and reception, and then ballroom for back up plan), paid our deposit and then some here and there.. I have a little over 3 months and I call today to find out that my centerpieces along with our tableware can't be glass... WHAT!!! not one time had this been mentioned to me, even with the specifics of the contract, I even asked the original lady if they had any centerpieces that they use and they did, Hurrican vases, ok, great, I got some things for this and was planning on using those, and doing a Candy Bar, well after today, my two options are... move it all into the ballroom, or have it out on the lawn, but use styrofoam black plates, my colors are malibu, yellow and white... and plastic, YES PLASTIC cups , no vases, meaning, everything I have gotten to go with them will be a waste, and my candy bar has to be all plastic containers, which I'm actually ok with, cheaper, lol.. but am I in the wrong to think that this is something, especially knowing that it says reception and ceremony in the contract, to think they should have told me then, and no where in the contract does it say, no glass on the lawn.. she said even the alchol has to be in plastic cups,  I can't help but think of the Red Solo cup song, lol.. at this point, I"m sooo aggrevated.. all I wanted was a simple yet elegant beach wedding.. we are doing, hamburgers, hot dogs and bbq chicken on the menu, because its more of a laid back event, yet its still a wedding, with a dress, cake, dj, and such.. so now I feel if we do it in the ballroom, I already had to compromise and not have it "ON" the beach, now I can't even have the reception like I wanted it.. I need to change the menu because it feels more formal.. also, had I known all of this I wouldn't have booked it here and would have came up with another idea.. UGGGHHH, I"m sooo mad, although I understand why they don't allow glassware, I just think it should have been said to me originially and also put in the contract, and I feel like I"m paying all this money, and its turning out to be what I don't want at all, am I being a Bridezilla or are my issues justified???

Re: **VENT** soo aggrevated at my June 16, Myrtle wedding planning.... sorry a little long..

• They definitely should have mentioned it.

That said there is plenty of awesome plastic dishes that look like fancier dishes. You don't have to use styrofoam. I'm really sorry for you, this is a pain, and you have every right to be aggrevated...

But at least they ddint' tell you when you showed up, glass in hand!
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • I"m def glad I called to ask a couple of questions that I had been thinking about as the date gets closer.. My thing is now, if I want it outside like I orginially told the girl I booked it with, I will have to go buy all the plastic plates, cups and what nots, when I paid $1500 to have it all included and wasn't told  it couldn't be.. at this point, had I known all of that, we would have gone a totally different route than this, but now I feel I'm backed into doing something thats totally opposite than what I want. I have spent at least $300 on my centerpieces, sashes and shells, so with all that, we could have done something different, less stressful and probably cheaper.. I Totally understand their reasoning, I just think the lady should have been upfront, and you would think, with reading the contract and it specifically saying, bali lawn and patio, that even then they would have a clause in their that states no glass, and it doesn't.. thanks and sorry this is still a sore subject for me.. I think because it makes me feel I have to do something different than what I wanted and planned from the beginning..

• Well if your contract says you paid to have it all included, and it doesn't specify no glass on the lawn, perhaps you can persaude them to buy the plastic stuff themselves?
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Can you return the stuff you bought already. If so then I would go with the flow. Go to orientaltrading.com they have lots of wedding stuff that looks really good and they have plastic wine glasses and champagne flutes. I might look at this as an opportunity to have some fun and if you are like me I bet you have thought of things you wish you could do but don't go with what you have. Now if you can't get your money back, I would see if they can work with you since they were not forthcoming. What are the consequences of having glass outside?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards