Moms and Maids

Mother - Daughter Dance

Instead of the traditional Father - Daughter dance, I shall be doing a mother - daughter dance at my upcoming wedding.  I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas for a mother and daughter to dance to - any thoughts / suggestions?

Soon to be Mrs.

Re: Mother - Daughter Dance

• edited December 2011
    Perhaps ask your Mom what she would like to dance to with you? What kind of music do you guys like? Your DJ (if you are having one) should be able to give you recommendations and ideas as well.
  • edited December 2011
    "Sunshine of my Life" or "Isn't She Lovely" - Both by Stevie Wonder. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_mother-daughter-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:93da9cb9-5446-4b8a-acc1-3069f817c23aPost:2d9687c8-43a3-4376-8e16-0036cd58b3c2">Re: Mother - Daughter Dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]Perhaps ask your Mom what she would like to dance to with you? What kind of music do you guys like? Your DJ (if you are having one) should be able to give you recommendations and ideas as well.
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

I've asked her - and she said it was up to me.  We have a few songs that are special to us - anything by Melissa Etheridge, Time Warp, Milli Vanilli songs... but they aren't wedding appropriate.  Can't decide...

The Stevie Wonder songs are good ideas... Thanks!

Soon to be Mrs.
  • Dalilah23Dalilah23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In My Daughters Eyes by Martina Mcbride
  • edited December 2011
    Mama's Song by Carrie Underwood would be great. I chose it as my song that I will walk down the aisle to, long before she released it. I originally picked it for a mother-daughter dance. Even if you aren't a country fan, it's a pretty awesome song.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing the same thing only I am the mother who is the bride with my daughter.  I am doing a dedication to her because she is so special to me.

I hope you Dance by Leanne Womack (Sp)
    Teresa & Bill June 10, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I danced with my mom to "Somebody's Hero" By Jamie O'Neal. It is so pretty and perfect for a wedding, we were both crying the entire time
  • edited December 2011
    I am surprising my mom with a mother daughter dance to carrie underwoods Mama's Song. I can't wait to see her face..She has been saying its not fair dads get all the credit for everything! LOL She is going to be shocked ... hope this helps
  • edited December 2011
    I don't understand mother-daughter dances.  Do you actually dance?  I feel like that would be super ackward. 

However it goes down, I love Carrie Underwood's song as well.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Yes I plan on actually dancing with her. No way would it be awkward for us we are two peas in a pod. At her wedding 14 years ago my mom my grandfather(her father) and I all danced together the 3 of us. It will be something super special. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards