Attire & Accessories Forum

Acccessories for yellow bridesmaid dresses

Hi team!

I'm putting my bridesmaids in yellow, and don't know

1. What colour of shoes
2. What kind of BOLD necklace to put them in. The wedding is pretty contemporary and I want something bold and kickass for them.

The other colours are turquoise and dark orange.

Re: Acccessories for yellow bridesmaid dresses

• I think black or white shoes, and a turquoise necklace
  • I think a neutral shoe is best, and just about everyone already has a decent black heel, so that's probably a good option.  I also agree with the turquoise accessories.  Orange is too close to yellow to really give it that bold pop of color like the turquoise would.

However, I will say that if you are requiring certain shoes/jewelry...YOU have to pay for it.
    Anniversary
  • Hmmm. A lot of brides I know require certain shoes and don't pay for it. The necklace will be my gift to them.
  • I've been in two weddings and they each stated our colour of shoe, as well as gave us necklaces as a gift that we were required to wear. Interesting. Perhaps that's a Canadian difference.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_acccessories-yellow-bridesmaid-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:f7c3b876-580c-4963-a41f-aa255844f05dPost:899fe9e2-7578-46fa-a977-f32be808ba04">Re: Acccessories for yellow bridesmaid dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been in two weddings and they each stated our colour of shoe, as well as gave us necklaces as a gift that we were required to wear. Interesting. Perhaps that's a Canadian difference.
    Posted by ispeakcanadian[/QUOTE]

It's not.  It's rude no matter where it is.  If it's required, it's not a gift.  Basically, the BM attire is a uniform.  What would you say if you started a new job that required you to wear a uniform and they gave it to you as a present to show their appreciation for a job well done?  Not very generous is it when you have to wear it and it's not something you'll ever use outside of work?

You can specify that you would like everyone to wear black shoes, and they would buy them themselves (because they get to choose based on their own style/comfort/budget), but if you require them to buy a specific pair of $175 pumps with 4" heels that are the color of baby vomit, you aren't going to have happy BM's. 

Also, you can buy a necklace if you want them, but again...it's something for YOUR wedding, so it's not really a gift to them...it's a prop for YOU and YOUR pictures.  If you are going to get them a gift, get them something personal that picked out of each of their individual tastes.
    Anniversary
  • Thanks for your suggestions. This thread has gotten far off track. I'll show my appreciation to my bridesmaid's in the way I want to, you do so in the way you want to.
  • I kind of agree with Canadian.  I don't plan on requiring any particular shoes for my BMs, but I've never understood why it's ok to require a specific dress but not shoes.
  • My girls are wearing Guava (think punchy pink-tangerine) dresses (up to them) and silveer shoes (also up to them). They have varying heights and age differences, between 5'2" and 5'11" and ages 15-38. I'm letting them do what works best for them while making sure they can use their bridal party gear after the wedding. But buying their stuff and making them wear it is not a gift, it's not personal. I personally like Gray and Yellow, that's just me though. Yellow and black reminds me of a bumblebee.
  • white shoes and a turquoise necklace/earring would be nice.  Look at page 96 on the website of www.mariellonline.com and you will see some fun/turquoise jewelry.  I carry this jewelry in the bridal shop where I work.  It's really beautiful.  Let me know if you need any assistance.  My website is http://jstaufferimages.com
  • I like the torquoise, not so much the black. Purple is also opposite of yellow on the color wheel maybe that'll work??
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_acccessories-yellow-bridesmaid-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:f7c3b876-580c-4963-a41f-aa255844f05dPost:97f7d852-2a93-46b3-8572-ecabdee8ee9b">Re: Acccessories for yellow bridesmaid dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]I kind of agree with Canadian.  I don't plan on requiring any particular shoes for my BMs, but I've never understood why it's ok to require a specific dress but not shoes.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>It's because shoes are far more personal. What's comfy to one girl won't be to another. While this can apply to dresses as well, of course, comfort is a much bigger factor when you're talking footwear and most especially for a wedding. The bridesmaids are going to be on their feet for a good length of time and you don't want them standing up there thinking about how bad they hurt because it will definitely show on their faces.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards