Wedding Etiquette Forum

Alright, where'd everyone go?

12345679»

Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?

• pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:c99eb8c1-8351-4b88-8ed7-20dd920464e5">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have fun Wally. I also LOVE Nutella on crepes.  Yum.  I have a crepes recipe. I wonder if I need to modify it for elevation at all.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

<div>Probably. I've heard that crepes are notoriously tempermental. I'm afraid to try them, lol.</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: Try making them, not try eating them. I love eating them.</div>
  • The only thing that comes to mind for an orange liqueur is H's groom's cake.  He had a chocolate Grand Marnier cake and we got rave reviews from our guests on it.  He always loved those chocolate oranges growing up (the ones that you smack on the table and it breaks into slices), so that's why he picked it.  I've you like the combo, go for that.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You add a small jar of Nutella to the marshmallowsafter they're melted (off the heat) and mix that into the rice krispies. Yum. And gluten-free.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:9007826f-c922-4db8-bd61-95b028ad145a">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alright, where'd everyone go? : Probably. I've heard that crepes are notoriously tempermental. I'm afraid to try them, lol. ETA: Try making them, not try eating them. I love eating them.
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

<div>I also am scared to try them. Do you need a special pan? I dunno. Maybe this midwestern girl should just stick with less-fancy things. ; )</div>
  • Angelsong - my grandfather absolutely loves those chocolate oranges. I'm not a huge fan of orange chocolate, but I like whacking the shiiiit out of them lol. Have you tried the raspberry ones?
  • They make those orange things with raspberry flavor now and I really like those.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:df987944-24d4-4d67-9705-a623bdf390c8">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You add a small jar of Nutella to the marshmallowsafter they're melted (off the heat) and mix that into the rice krispies. Yum. And gluten-free.
    Posted by zizibet[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Ahhh, OK. So just to the basic marshmallow krispy treat recipe. Definitely going to try it. Thank you!</div><div>
    </div><div>(My mom made two kinds of krispy bars: The marshmallow/margarine ones and the peanut butter ones.)</div>
  • Loopy- Do you want my crepes recipe? We're probably around the same elevation.
  • Crepes are not as hard as you think. You don't need a special pan at all-just prcatice.
    Wally-Exactly. I've never made the peanut butter ones, so not familiar with that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Poke, I'm lame and I don't like fruit flavor combined with chocolate.  I can do a little raspberry drizzle on chocolate cake, but other than that, its not for me.  

ETA:  Wait, I lie... coconut and chocolate = bliss.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Wait- I think I'm about 2,000ft lower than you. I don't know if it'd still work.
  • That would be great barrel!  Thanks.

Wally - I've always used a regular frying pan to do my crepes.  The larger around it is, and the shallower the edge, the easier they are to get flipped over though.  I have an electric griddle now, so I may try them on that next time I attempt them.
  • Okay ladies, I'm out for the night. Bye <3
  • willywally5willywally5 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Night Poke!

Hmmm, might have to give crepes a whirl. On a day I'm feeling fancy! ; )

ETA: What's an ebleskivers???
  • Holy cripes, I looked them up and what did I find????
    THIS HEAVENLY RECIPE!
  • Barrel.  I'm at 5280 ft.for all intents and purposes.  I'll probably just stick with the recipe I already have and see how it goes.

• We love crepes.  We have them about once a month.
    1/2 c all purpose flour
    2 large eggs
    1 c milk
    1 tbls melted butter
    Pinch of salt

We just put it all in the blender and mix it up.
  • We've used it up at our cabin which is a little higher than you are, but I'm not sure that it'll make much of a difference?

I don't know much about altitude cooking though.

• Night Poke.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think altitude affects baking more than anything else.  

I pulled my recipe out - I got it from my french teacher in high school.  It is:

1/2 cup flour
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp sugar
    1 egg
    1 C milk
    1/2 tsp oil

Mix wet(except oil)  and dry ingredients separtely.  Combine together slowly - no lumps.   Add oil last.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:19d73b33-6821-4808-b5f6-1c68734dfa04">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alright, where'd everyone go? : It's a tiny, fluffly little pancake ball that you can fill with a center of jam or pie filling or chocolate. They're about the size of a cake pop and you make them in a specific pan. You have to be very quick turning them over. Traditionally they're a dutch New Years Eve treat, but fancier stores like Williams Sonoma now carry the things needed to make them. 
    Posted by Harry87[/QUOTE]

<div>They sound amazing. Going to have to look into those, too. </div><div>
    </div><div>Time for bed for this old gal! Night!</div>
  • They do sound amazing.  But I have no desire to make them myself.  Now, if someone wanted to come and make some FOR me, I'd love that :).

Good night wally.
  • Night Wally.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • harry, I'm dying to try aebelskivers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know. I want a cookie now. I'm going to have to get a pan for them one of these days.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards