Wedding Woes

drama as a mrs.

does anyone get the "wow you get married and  are too busy to call " crap.
i am adjusting to being a mrs, plus going back to work.   i have a relative whom i was very close to many years ago.  however, her feelings toward somethings have pushed us apart some.   i make effort to keep in contact and be respectful, but life being busy i dont always get time to make a call and check in.  i dont really get them from this person like i did.

well i spoke to this person a month ago..they called.  and i get the Oooo you are so busy now.. where have you been.. oohh it must to so hard crap.  i just go along with it because i get upset and makes the "pushing apart" feeling worse.  when i do call, i feeel like im bothering this person.   so i call today after that last call and i get the "ooo you are now back at work..it must be such a hard life"  i respond the same and now im upset.  does anyone get crap like this?  this person is the only person i get it from. i want to say something so bad but dont kow what. i have in the past and it doesnt get me anywhere.  but this is why i dont want to call in the first place

Re: drama as a mrs.

• TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why do you want to maintain a friendship with this person? She sounds like a jerk.
  • imagrl10imagrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    its a family member.  i cant win..i dont call and i get crap.. i do call and i get crap. 
    any suggestions
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    its a family member. i cant win.. i call/dont call.. and get the same reaction
    i didnt even want to call but i felt like i haadd to. this is why!
  • zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Let the first round of comments roll off your back. 

But if you do your part to maintain the friendship and if she continues to hassle you about not getting enough attention let her know that you would like to be friends without anyone keeping score of who called who. 

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    its my aunt. not a friend.   i did let it roll off my back but i cant anymore.. i avoid calling her because of it
  • edited December 2011
    This is weird. Why is your aunt so needy? I'd just continue to ignore her comments, maybe she thinks she's just teasing you.
  • Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is your aunt married? if not "joke" that she's jealous, if she is "joke" that you haven't gotten to the point where you've got all the time in the world to harrass family members

This will effectively end her prodding and your relationship
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards