North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

outdoor tent at the end of june

Hi All-

Just wondering if any of you had an outdoor (tented) reception during the summer. I'm looking at an end of June wedding. Is it going to be too hot/uncomfortable for my guests?

I've only vacationed in obx in mid july and august. I do really well in the heat so I'm probably not the best judge of what is considered too hot.

Any thoughts?

Re: outdoor tent at the end of june

• Options
    I had an outdoor tent reception at the beginning of May.  If you are planning on doing one in June, I would suggest doing an evening wedding when it will be cooler for your guests.  I think you will be fine in the early evening.  
  • Options

We didn't have a tent but I just wanted to chime in and say it can get pretty hot in June so I agree with the evening wedding suggestion.  I've been in early/mid June when it's felt a lot like July or August.  We've also had cooler weather as well.  OBX weather is definitely very funny!

Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • Options
    We used a tent on the lawn of our rental home for our early Sept rehearsal dinner (about 5:30 pm) and wedding reception dinner (about 7 pm).  I think the daytime temps were in the 80s (I just looked on Accuweather and it said 90's, but no way - it was not that hot!)  Anyway, we had flaps on two sides of the tent for privacy and it did get stuffy.  Not sweating buckets horrible, however!  A few of us figured out how to roll up the sides of the tent and that helped a lot.  It was great to have the tent just for the peace of mind in case it rained!
  • Options
    thank you all for the advice! every time i keep thinking i have my venue narrowed down, something else comes up, and i'm lost all over again.

but i really want to try and pick 3-4 places to see in person when i go to the expo! even better would be winning the dream wedding giveaway Innocent
  • Options
    We had an outdoor reception in August. Our reception started around 6 and it was about 85 degrees. We used a tent as well as fan we rented from Metro Rentals and it was great. The fan kept the air flowing and made it comfortable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards