June 2013 Weddings
Options

Finally Friday :)

Wedding check in!!!!!

Since I last posted about this, sometime before Thanksgiving I think, what have you accomplished? Who feels ahead of the game, and who is behind? How involved/helpful/unhelpful has FI been?

Lets get some of the new girls involved here too. Tell us about your wedding planning.
Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image

Re: Finally Friday :)

• Options
    My FI hates wedding planning and thinks its consumes my life, which he is obviously exaggerating.

Since I least did a wedding check in, I have bought BM dresses so I officially have colors. (Royal/Cobalt blue and light pinks and whites). I booked a hair person and tentatively a makeup person and picked a veil but I have to buy it still. I am meeting with the florist tomorrow to come up with some ideas so she can do a trial for me, so that should be fun. And FI and I are hopefully registering sometime between today and Sunday. BP plans are also coming together for both me and FI. I need to pick invitations out and get them ordered, and do food and cake tastings as well. I also have major work that needs to be done on centerpieces. Feeling a little stressed/overwhlemed but trying to keep my cool. I also need FI to get his ish together with tuxes, and the number  thing I'm dreading-I need to book hotel blocks still, ughhhhh.
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Options
    Morning!
    So happy it's Friday!!!

Hmmm wedding check in!
    Seems like I've got a lot done or have been working on a lot of things so I'm thrilled.

Here is my To Do/Done list of this month:

Cake: Had a tasting. Having a meeting with another baker (most likely going with her) In Progress
    Tuxes: FI picked out his. Going next week to confirm BM likes his. Next Sunday going with FFIL and then we'll tell the GM what and where :)Check
    FI Wedding Band: Went to the mall after a tux appt and visited 4 stores. FI ended up making his decision at the last store even though we weren't planning on buying until next month Check! (And we got a great deal!)
    BM Dresses: Have our 1st appointment tonight and tomorrow night. Hoping we make a decsion soon! In Progress
    PhotoBooth: Did my research of companies. Handing off to my sister to choose and book as it's a gift from her. Semi-Check
    Hair/MakeUp: Looking into it for myself and my BMs. In Progress
    Hotel Block: Blocked 30 rooms for our guests! Check
    Gift Registry: Booked our 1st of 2 stores in Feb. Semi-Check
    Veil: Have an appt next week to pick my veil out. Check
    Ring Bearer Pillow: Have it. Need to add a couple things to it. Semi Check
    Flower Girl Basket:
    Still debating about DIY or buying one. Just picked up an Xmas basket on clearance - perfect size - for a buck! Might DIY and decide if it's terrible to buy haha.
    In Progress

Pretty busy month but it's nice to get a bunch of things done since I didn't do much in December!
    June '13 - Cake!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25
  • Options
    Morning ladies sounds like you are getting things accomplished. Wink

Cake- Booked just waiting on sending the invitations out and getting RSVP's before talking the final design changes with him... Which won't be for a few months. 

Tuxedo's- Everyone's tuxedo is picked out. All the guys in the bridal party (except FI) is wearing the same color and style tux. FI is wearing the same style tuxedo, but a different color. He's wearing white. 

Invitations- we've ordered our invitations. They should be in sometime next week... Bad part is my bank account has been funky with my loan for school through them, and I'm pretty sure they took out money before they were supposed to. Not a big deal we'll just have to add whatever was taken out for the monthly payment and make sure it's there before the invitations come in so we'll have it all there, but it's still annoying! 

Wedding Bands- Mine was a set and it came with my e-ring so I have mine.... FI's band however has so far been a pain in the ass. We need to start saving for it and see if it can even be done. FI might be getting a black tungsten carbide ring with a blue diamond in it, but only if our guy at Zales can get ahold of the company that makes them and special order it. With the damage of Hurricane Sandy they have yet to get back to our guy at Zales. Unfortunately I don't know how much longer we can be patient though.... I don't know how long something like that will take to make and the date is gettting quite close. 4 months 2 weeks.

Flowers- Our flowers have been ordered. I should be getting proof pictures of the bouquets and other things sometime in Febuary and then they will ship to us in March. My flower ladies are also making my hairpiece and our flower girl's baskets.

Registries- That is a working progress. If my mom plans a bridal shower for me too, then I will have three bridal showers... So that has been interesting registering for enough things for guests to have plenty to choose from. It's been difficult, but not as hard as I thought it would be. FI isn't much help with that, but that's fine. 

Centerpieces- Hopeless Omg that is such a working progress it's not even funny. I just don't know what to do for centerpieces. Everytime I think I'm on to something I feel as though it  just isn't spectacular enough... So we'll see how that goes, because so far it hasn't exactly been going well enough. I don't know what I want at this point....And FI.... Ohhh he is NOT helping at ALLL with this... It's so frustrating. I think he just doesn't know what to say. I mean he knows what he doesn't want and he speaks up very clearly with that, but as far as coming up with ideas.... Not so much. It's not too bad though. I mean atleast he cares enough to say something and not just shut up tight like a clam and say he's fine with anything. We'll get through it though. 

Shoes and Accessories- If my dress comes in this month which would be absolutely lovely then I will get to my shoes and accessories. I'm debating ditching my veil. I was absolutely in love with mine, but lately I feel like they all just look like misquto nets lmao. Who knows what will end up happening when my dress comes in though. I have a pair of shoes that I really love, but until I find out how short my dress is I'm not going to buy them and end up not being able to use them. I know I could just return them, but I just don't know if it's worth getting the shoes and loving them, but having to return them... Working Progress

Ring bearer/Ring Pillow- Okay we don't even know if we have a ring bearer at this point. We asked FI's cousin two years ago when we first got engaged if his son could be our ring bearer. They were all excited and say yes... Well now that it's getting to the count down I sent them a note in their save the date asking if they were still okay with it and no response. The thing is we need to know, because it's getting to the point where we'd purchase his gift and the pillow and they still haven't responded. I keep asking FI to talk to his cousin about it that way he might feel more comfortable, but he keeps shruggin it off.. So that's kind of annoying. Oh well it will happen when it happens. (I think I'm just slightly stressed, because school's going to be starting back up.) 

Cake Knifes- We still have to get those and we have no idea what we want... We've barely been looking. 

Cake Topper- We've found a guy that does blown glass, but we don't know if that's what we want to go with or not. IDK

Food- Well we've got our prices for that. We still have yet to decide what hor deourves we want, but we've got our food picked out I think. We still need to do a tasting though. Not like we've never tasted their food. Their food is delicious. We've just never tasted what we've picked out.

Wedding Party Gifts- We have no idea what we're getting the wedding party except for two of the flower girls. We got two of the flower girls necklaces in different colors. 

FI's Wedding Present- I plan on getting him a watch, but I need to see if the store we like can order it in, and see how much it's going to cost so I can start saving up for it. Working Progress

Well hopefully this wasn't too much of a vent. Sorry it was long and kind of vent-ish lol. Hope everyone's plannning is going well. Looking forward to hearing from some of the new ladies.. Cool

• Options
    Good morning ladies! I guess I would be one of those new girls! LOL! I feel like I have a lot of my major stuff done, ceremony space, reception space, caterer, dress picked out just need to order it, BM dresses done, suits picked out just need to send the guys to buy them! And everything else is all planned out! In my head at least!! My biggest frustration has been a photographer! Ours had to cancel on us because she found out she was pregnant and finding a new one has been a total pain. Everyone I've contacted is either out of our price range, wont contact me back or is not available on our date!!! UGH!! Looking forward to cake tasting soon! We have our bakery picked out, we just need to get in there and hash out all the details! Pretty much everything else I have is DIY! And up until now I kept thinking I have plenty of time, but after listening to you ladies I'm feeling a little behind! Ahhhh! And if course my fiance I'd very little help, though he has gotten a little better as the date gets closer!! I feel like its really only little things left, but I'm sure those little things will start adding up! I think today may be a perfect day to hit the craft store and get some stuff started :) Thanks so much ladies for making us newbies feel included! I'm slowly becoming obsessed with reading posts and of course all other things wedding related!! Have a great weekend everyone :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_finally-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:55b49125-bbf6-4399-80b4-37aab91267fePost:97a9827a-3d1f-4fdb-bde9-abf7dab5d9b9">Re: Finally Friday :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning ladies! I guess I would be one of those new girls! LOL! I feel like I have a lot of my major stuff done, ceremony space, reception space, caterer, dress picked out just need to order it, BM dresses done, suits picked out just need to send the guys to buy them! And everything else is all planned out! In my head at least!! My biggest frustration has been a photographer! Ours had to cancel on us because she found out she was pregnant and finding a new one has been a total pain. Everyone I've contacted is either out of our price range, wont contact me back or is not available on our date!!! UGH!! Looking forward to cake tasting soon! We have our bakery picked out, we just need to get in there and hash out all the details! Pretty much everything else I have is DIY! And up until now I kept thinking I have plenty of time, but after listening to you ladies I'm feeling a little behind! Ahhhh! And if course my fiance I'd very little help, though he has gotten a little better as the date gets closer!! I feel like its really only little things left, but I'm sure those little things will start adding up! I think today may be a perfect day to hit the craft store and get some stuff started :) Thanks so much ladies for making us newbies feel included! I'm slowly becoming obsessed with reading posts and of course all other things wedding related!! Have a great weekend everyone :)
    Posted by CnSinLOVE[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>That sucks that your photographer had to back out on you, because she's pregnant. Honestly though I'm thinking she probably should have had a back up plan incase of an emergency on her part. That really sucks. I hope you're able to find a new one that's spectacular!

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_finally-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:55b49125-bbf6-4399-80b4-37aab91267fePost:f739fc02-9ed8-4840-9eb7-d77431f0462e">Re: Finally Friday :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally Friday :) : That sucks that your photographer had to back out on you, because she's pregnant. Honestly though I'm thinking she probably should have had a back up plan incase of an emergency on her part. That really sucks. I hope you're able to find a new one that's spectacular!
    Posted by bethsuch060113[/QUOTE]

<div>All of that. Double check your contract because there should eb a clause about her not being able to make it in there and how she handles that. Like our contract says that if she can't make it she'll send someone with the same style and skill level (most likely her assistant) as herself. </div>
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    emilyb213emilyb213 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Answer
    edited January 2013
    Afternoon, girls. Hope everyone's day is going fast.
    Hmm, I haven't really taken an overall assessment lately. I think we're pretty much on pace for everything. (I cribbed some of this stuff from Beth).

Cake: We decided on cannoli flavored cake. I still have to decide on a design.

Attire: Tuxs are picked out and the groomsmen just have to get measured. My fiance and the best man already got their measurements done. The bridesmaids dresses have been ordered and should be in around early April. I had my first fitting last weekend.

Invitations: We ordered and finalized the proof for the digital design. I should have the final version shortly and then I can have them printed. Need more Vistaprint Groupons first. I also ordered envelope samples so I can pick a color and get those ordered. 

Wedding Bands: We've actually had our bands picked since last April (our jeweler had a huge trunk show and we scored amazing deals). They're sitting at the jeweler's and we've been paying them off. We have to go in and try them on again now that it's closer to the wedding, because my fiance's will need to be sent back to the designer if it needs resized.

Flowers: 
    Booked and everything is picked out. We just have to send over the final number of bouts and corsages before the wedding.

Registries: Done.

Centerpieces: I'm slowly but surely working on them and hope to have them finished by  April. I talked to my mom the other night and she agreed to make table runners, since I can't find any I like that aren't a small fortune.

Shoes and Accessories: Shoes are picked out (I had to have them to do my fitting), and I have all the pieces to make my veil at home. I just need to put it together, but it should take me less than 2 hours (and that's a really high estimate). I have a necklace and earrings, but I'd like a pearl bracelet. Hoping my fiance has picked up on my hints and gets me one for my birthday or Valentine's Day in a couple weeks.

Ring bearer/Ring Pillow: Our ring bearer's mom has started to look for a grey suit for him. We gave them swatches from the tux shop and told them to just find a suit that matched pretty well. I'm going to ask my girls for the scraps from their dress alterations so my mom can make him a little tie to match (all the girls' dresses need hemmed). We are using a Shakespeare anthology from 1904 (it's all pretty and vintage-y) instead of a pillow, because my fiance is an English teacher and likes teaching Shakespeare. We'll tie the rings (or really, fake rings) to it with a ribbon.

Cake Knifes & toasting glasses: We added the cake set to the registry but if no one gets them for us at my shower, I'll buy them. I purchased pretty toasting flutes on sale at Anthropologie around Thanksgiving.

Food: We have our tasting in a few weeks and we're still hashing out the menu with the caterer.
    Wedding Party Gifts: I've purchased half the gifts for my girls. I know what else I'm getting for them, it's just a matter of going out and getting them. My fiance has no idea what he's doing for the groomsmen even though he's supposed to be coming up with ideas.

Other decor: I need the weather to warm up!! We have an arbor we're going to use for the ceremony, but it needs painted ivory (it's just unfinished metal). I can't do that until it warms up though, since I've found out the hard way that spray-painting stuff in the basement is a BAD IDEA. We are also about halfway done with the photobooth wall we're making, and again, just need a few nice days to finish it. I also need to spray paint the frames for our table numbers.

Hair: I've got my hairstyle picked out, I just need to book a trial. I'm hoping to do it the day of a friends' wedding in April, so I'll actually have somewhere to go once it's done.

I've got all the vendors booked, it's really just details from now on out. And finishing my stupid centerpieces.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_finally-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:55b49125-bbf6-4399-80b4-37aab91267fePost:7f21e4ef-1d8f-4536-8dc1-930694a01b45">Re: Finally Friday :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally Friday :) : All of that. Double check your contract because there should eb a clause about her not being able to make it in there and how she handles that. Like our contract says that if she can't make it she'll send someone with the same style and skill level (most likely her assistant) as herself. 
    Posted by cnf2013[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately because she was a former co-worker and we trusted she wouldn't be booking anyone else on our date or try and change the terms on us we hadn't signed a formal contract yet, we just had an oral agreement. She has given me several names of people she trusts, but its been 2 weeks and most of them have not gotten back to me and the two that have aren't available. Which puts us back at square one :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Happy Friday! 

Done: Venue, Dress, Veil, Jewelry, Engagement Pics, Save the Dates sent; Invitations are picked and rough drafted; plan to order at the end of the Feb. I also have my hair stylist set up. 

To DO: I have so much to do still but am making progress so not freaking out yet.  We have menu tasting/planning on Sunday along with we are meeting with a photographer before that so I hope that works out cause I'm over researching all these vendors!   We are doing bridemaid shopping in 2 weeks so that will be a big check.

Things I checked off this week was I found a MUA I think will be great so just pending in the trial in a few weeks I will cross that off the list.  I also got rooms reserved and booked the suite we are staying in for the wedding weekend.  I found a florist, bakery and DJ at the bridal fair I went to on Sunday, I just have to follow up and officially book.

My FI has been pretty good and more and more is taking initiative.  I went to the bridal faire with my mom on Sunday and when I came home I was so wedding'd out but my FI had spent all day looking at formal attire with his brother (BM) and they were planning out ideas for the bachelor/ette (BM and my 3 best friends are planning a joint party for us).  He also had looked in to some bands for the reception but they were pricey so he was a go with the DJ we'd met at the faire.  To see him excited about stuff made me happy :)

The next few weeks will be crazy with follow up apppintments and actually booking people, but its nice to be making progress.  We are getting married about 1.5 hours away (middle point between families) so the weekend trips back and forth are a little taxing.  But it will be worth it!  I don't know what I'm going to do after the wedding haha... at least we delayed our honeymoon a bit so I will have something wedding related to look forward to!

Happy Planning Everyone!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards