Wedding Etiquette Forum

FFF or UO or I judge

Re: FFF or UO or I judge

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-or-uo-or-i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:62caf65f-a008-4f56-9f8b-056dfe09a70aPost:bdb5e787-ffaf-4161-9409-496817cbd679">Re: FFF or UO or I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF or UO or I judge : Wow seesaw. That's awful. I give you props for sticking around even though you get flamed a lot. I guess you are the new chelsea!
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't see the flames as an insult. I'm 26, and I'm as socially awkward as a preteen. More so, in some situations. Being homeschooled, even when it's not in an abusive situation, severely impedes a child's social development, and I feel like mine was compounded because even when we went to church, we weren't allowed to talk to anyone, or even have friends.
    So, anyways, I appreciate it when I get called out on being stupid. I look at it as being taught what is acceptable socially. I don't get mad, I really do appreciate it, because I've never had a chance to learn that before.
  • In Response to Re:FFF or UO or I judge:[QUOTE]Is this going to turn into another LDY says something dumb, people blame her, then she becomes self deprecating? I can take my cookies elsewhere if that's the case. It's like the round and round about Chelsea's posting. Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

If I refrain, will you bring those cookies to MN? I guess it's probably toolate for me though, which is fine because I probably can't eat your cookies anyway.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    Whatever, you're totally off to Spin Class LDY. Don't hide it.

But for reals I'm leaving work. Adios.
  • I think I like seesaw now.

I have a friend that was homeschool her whole life, had to only hang out with her family and such as well. I don't think it was as bad as your story, but she definitely has some social issues of her own.

• mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Don't go just yet, Ldy.  There's a 7pm spin class you can go to instead.

• mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-or-uo-or-i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:62caf65f-a008-4f56-9f8b-056dfe09a70aPost:e59f5267-edce-431c-80fa-46640873f688">Re:FFF or UO or I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:FFF or UO or I judge: If I refrain, will you bring those cookies to MN? I guess it's probably toolate for me though, which is fine because I probably can't eat your cookies anyway.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

I do have a recipe for gluten free PB cookies. So just maybe.
  • I still am not convinced Seesaw is real. 

1ofthosedays ruined the internet for me. 
    Photobucket
  • mica178mica178 member
    Most doctors are overly eager to transfuse blood.  H is sort of against blood transfusions for himself.  He has had a patient who contracted hepatitis C from a transfusion recently, and the story freaked him out.
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-or-uo-or-i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:62caf65f-a008-4f56-9f8b-056dfe09a70aPost:04f747cf-a672-494a-8d35-4f4f5b70c8fd">Re: FFF or UO or I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF or UO or I judge : DJ, you wouldn't be devastated?  No, I'm kidding.  I was kind of like, "Um, ok.  Stop being douchey about people's bar options then."
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

She seems like she has a serious case of foot-in-mouth syndrome -- I don't even think she knew what she thought on the subject. It was totally illogical, which she then accepted.
    Lizzie
  • UOs: bratty eags is my favorite. I still dontlike seesaw.

• What's the deal with "spin class"?  I've seen it mentioned a few times.  Is that like the same thing as the old "meatloaf"?  Or do none of you even remember the meatloaf fiasco and I've just been around here for way too long?
  • mica178mica178 member
    1ofthosedays!  That was the person!  I forgot her name.  I was a new mod and opal was out of town the weekend that the other girl (april something?) came around accusing her of stealing the pictures.  So weird.
  • Who was oneofthosedays again? I have a bad memory for names. I will die if seesaw if kwills.
  • mica178mica178 member
    I admire seesaw for sticking around, but she still annoys me.

Spin class was the excuse Summer used to get away during an epic FFF. 
  • My recipe mk? I'm still bitter that I got crucified when I first suggested 1ofthose wasn't real.

• ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    I think spin class has to do with a certain poster who came in guns blazin' trying to set E right or something. After a very long FFF, she decided it was time for her 'spin class.' I was lurking then and decided not to post for a very long time after that fiasco.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-or-uo-or-i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:62caf65f-a008-4f56-9f8b-056dfe09a70aPost:731cc9e5-7f6d-473d-ba62-2e70d73a24e9">Re: FFF or UO or I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's the deal with "spin class"?  I've seen it mentioned a few times.  Is that like the same thing as the old "meatloaf"?  Or do none of you even remember the meatloaf fiasco and I've just been around here for way too long?
    Posted by abbalish[/QUOTE]

Didn't it come from Summer last year in that epic 1000 post FFF? She said she had to go to spin class so people could stop the flaming? (I might be totall ywrong)
  • 1ofthoseday was a troll who posted really random shiit, but she put up wedding pictures so some people (read:me) thought she was real. But then she posted some story about a bad BM dress that was obviously from Google images and was outed as a troll. Some Amber chick said 1ofthosedays was cyber stalking her and stole wedding pics or something. 

Cliffnotes: shiit got weird, I got paranoid. 
    Photobucket
  • OK, I've got to ask - WAS anyone else around for meatloaf?!  That was like 4 years ago.  I don't know how I've been coming around here for so long and still only have 3000 posts, haha.  I'm a weirdo.
  • (Random question: Mica, are you and your H both doctors? If so, that's really cool.)
  • I know about the meatloaf, but I was not here for it. 
    Photobucket
  • mica178mica178 member
    I still wish Summer would go to permanent spin class.

Amber!  That was her name.  My brain scrambled it into April.  That was a weird day.  I didn't know what to do.  PMs were flying.  My first ban.  Yeesh.
  • Pot roast, abba. Perfect eagles. Then you're constantly my favorite.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-or-uo-or-i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:62caf65f-a008-4f56-9f8b-056dfe09a70aPost:7bc6e3e1-c136-45b2-904a-362562c59901">Re: FFF or UO or I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF or UO or I judge : She seems like she has a serious case of foot-in-mouth syndrome -- I don't even think she knew what she thought on the subject. It was totally illogical, which she then accepted.
    Posted by aragx6[/QUOTE]

I think she knew what she thought...she was entitled to have wine, and OP would be a bad host for not having it at her disposal.

But I think she backpedaled when she realized everyone here (Eagles in particular) thought she was a douche for it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mica178mica178 member
    Wrigley -- yes, we both are.  He's in the same specialty as you (I think).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-or-uo-or-i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:62caf65f-a008-4f56-9f8b-056dfe09a70aPost:bc702d71-b125-48b1-bdcf-1c88210c8a6f">Re: FFF or UO or I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I like seesaw now. I have a friend that was homeschool her whole life, had to only hang out with her family and such as well. I don't think it was as bad as your story, but she definitely has some social issues of her own.
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not anti-homeschooling entirely, but everyone I know who has been homeschooled (including those who have gone to college afterwards) are at least <em>slightly </em>socially awkward.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Oh I think I remember the BMs dresses, but I don't really remember much else.
  • J, I remember you getting crap for that, which was ridiculous IMO. I think I tend to assume that everyone on here is real, although I was gun shy after that majikglassbride thing who said her FI put her through a glass table. I just don't understand creating a fake persona, getting others to worry and care about you, and then giving everyone a big old' "fvck you, I'm fake."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-or-uo-or-i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:62caf65f-a008-4f56-9f8b-056dfe09a70aPost:0da79e76-b0b6-4e54-8122-0d8d1a1c1d43">Re: FFF or UO or I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wrigley -- yes, we both are.  He's in the same specialty as you (I think).
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]
    I'm in psychiatry.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-or-uo-or-i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:62caf65f-a008-4f56-9f8b-056dfe09a70aPost:eaec25d9-7600-454e-85ec-f3a379ada613">Re:FFF or UO or I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pot roast, abba. Perfect eagles. Then you're constantly my favorite.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

LOL, I knew "meatloaf" looked wrong for some reason.

What was that poster's name?  "Snoopy" keeps coming to mind but I know that wasn't it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards