Destination Weddings Discussions

Programs!

I'm trying to gather as many details now that I can so all I have to do is enter in specific information as I get it!

Next up: Programs!  I've been to 3 weddings in my life, 1 of which I was in.  I don't remember the programs what so ever so I'm not even sure what I should include, and does it differ since it's a DW?

What are you ladies doing/including for your ceremony programs?

TIA!

Re: Programs!

• Great question!  Let me know what you find out!  I'm in the same boat and will probably do programs too!  I was thinking of putting them on a fan since we'll be getting married on the beach.  That's about as far as I've got.
  • we didn't do programs & honestly they weren't missed. Don't waste your $$!
  • Jen, I was thinking of incorporating them into the fans as well, so that way we have the fans as well as the information. 

I'm not too keen on the program itself, BUT FMIL wants grandparents to be recognized and all...so I'm sorta pushed to do it....maybe I can just identify parents, grandparents, attendants, put a thank you note, and an "in memory of" section and be done with it...

hmmmm

• If you "must" do them I would do program fans.  It will be hot and people will enjoy having them.  Since we aren't have a wp I didn't really feel like wasting my time or spending the money.  FMIL picked up some fans from a local store.  They aren't what I wanted but she already got them so I'm just gonna go with it.  
  • I'm definately doing them as the fans, that is what I decided.   I sorta did the wording today at work, and had FI look over it and he liked it.  It recognizes the important people, whether they're there or not, and it's a fan!  Covers all my bases to make FMIL happy :)
  • beckerz03beckerz03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2010
    I'm not 100% but I think Jamie (simplymistaken) does programs through esty.

Like I said though, I'm not 100%.

Though, I agree with Jenn about not doing the programs, but you're in a sticky situation and I think doing program fans would be great...

ETA: you can also head over to the DIY board and they can help with what exactly to put in the programs...then adjust as needed; but, of course, I have no idea what to put in there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    **Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards