Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invites for the wedding vs. bridal showers

Okay, so this is going to sound silly but sorry I just don't know how this is handled.  LOL So we are going to have a small wedding only inviting close friends and family just because of cost and we really just don't want just anyone there for such a special day.  Anyways my question to y'all is do I invite anyone and everyone to the showers even the people that will not be invited to the wedding? Or is that just rude?   To me I want the extended people to be a part of it but just not the wedding................Undecided 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Invites for the wedding vs. bridal showers

• I don't think that people should be invited to the shower and not the wedding.  I would be very upset if I was invited to a shower but not to the wedding.  But that's just my opinion.
    My Planning Bio
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    212 image Invited
    94 image Wouldn't miss it!
    75 image Are party-poopers
    43 image Are confused about how rsvps work
    RSVPS are due June 11th!
  • It's just plain rude to invite them to an event whose sole purpose is to shower you with gifts.  Plan a big cookout after your wedding and get together with everyone.  If these dear people didn't make the cut for a wedding invitation then they aren't invited to anything.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_invites-wedding-vs-bridal-showers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:326298da-c631-4469-8709-ce9e3b919114Post:b6408c1a-213e-4278-a813-6ed15cfcc950">Re: Invites for the wedding vs. bridal showers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Its very rude to invite someone to a pre-wedding party if they aren't invited to the wedding. It comes off as very gift grabby as well.
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]

<div>This.</div><div>
    </div><div>The cardinal rule of pre-wedding parties is that everyone invited must be invited to the wedding.  </div>
  • Ditto PPs.  Please do NOT invite them to the shower if they are not invited to the wedding. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_invites-wedding-vs-bridal-showers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:326298da-c631-4469-8709-ce9e3b919114Post:b6408c1a-213e-4278-a813-6ed15cfcc950">Re: Invites for the wedding vs. bridal showers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Its very rude to invite someone to a pre-wedding party if they aren't invited to the wedding. It comes off as very gift grabby as well.
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]

This.  If you're not willing to spend the money on hosting them at the ceremony/reception, then why should they buy you a gift?  Sure, you could say "no gifts" on the invite, but that's also rude.

Sorry!
  • Ditto PP. Anyone invited to any pre-wedding parties should also be invited to the wedding.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards