Not Engaged Yet

Groomsmen gifts for geeky, awkward guys?

You girls all seem very creative so hopefully you can help me out here! 

FI and I have no idea what to get his groomsmen, like, none.  We're not set on giving them all the same thing, they're all very different people, but that's just making it harder!  I liked the idea of geeky cuff-links, except none of them wear suits to work.  Here are the four guys:

1)  Database tech for a bank, hates banking and banking software but it pays.  Loves graphic novels, web comics a la "cyanide and happiness" and "questionable content."  Total dork, very awkward around everyone, at 26 can barely speak to women, but the sweetest guy!  Taught me to make balloon animals, drinks EVERYTHING out of a straw.

2) Overqualified paramedic (was 1st in his class pre-med) and gymnast.  Loves snowboarding, plays too much WoW.  He's a high-energy, happy, sociable but dorky guy.  His wife is in dental school, they want like a gazillion kids.

3) FI's coworker, was a computer science professor for a couple years during which he was FI's thesis adviser but went into industry when his wife got pregnant.  Vegetarian, plays Ultimate frisbee and frisbee golf and stays in shape.  Loves to travel, they went to Paris when their daughter was 4 months old just to get her on an airplane, lol.

4) Older guy, married his wife the same year FI was born, from the wrong side of the tracks in New Jersey but made his way out West and is some sort of docking/transport manager now.  Met FI taking some classes to finish his bachelor's and got us hooked on bowling, so we've been in a league with him for three years.  Really twisted sense of humor, not dorky at all.

5) First person to graduate with 4 majors but has no common sense at all.  Wants to work for the government but is currently employed at yet another software/hardware company (they do mainly robotics).  Does crew but can't swim.  Is dating a girl from a sorority and has hooked up with every single one of her sorority sisters.  He's a lot of fun and will always show up when you need someone to help you out.   GM #2 gave him a flask when he was his best man, but it was pretty much the perfect GM gift for this guy.

Ideas????

THANK YOU!!!!

imageimageAnniversary

Re: Groomsmen gifts for geeky, awkward guys?

• PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thinkgeek.com

it's ridiculously amazing!!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • BlueBoxBrideBlueBoxBride member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd spy on the Total Fark (fark.com) boards and see what the guys are being fanboys/ bragging about. 
    "I liked it, so I put a ring on it" - future Mr. Box
  • felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_groomsmen-gifts-geeky-awkward-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:38b6589f-0b41-4913-9512-52f32c5b9057Post:1e9fe20c-8c3b-4ff4-8f37-c81a9f55c012">Re: Groomsmen gifts for geeky, awkward guys?</a>:
    [QUOTE]thinkgeek.com it's ridiculously amazing!!
    Posted by PaigeMcC[/QUOTE]

<div>This!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!  I'd totally forgotten about thinkgeek but now I want a plush e. coli toy!
    imageimageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I shop for FI and all his friends at thinkgeek.com

Seriously, I think that's where we'll get groomsmen gifts.
    Anniversary
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_groomsmen-gifts-geeky-awkward-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:38b6589f-0b41-4913-9512-52f32c5b9057Post:40f16b00-c00f-42b1-9b8b-524ad7b4797e">Re: Groomsmen gifts for geeky, awkward guys?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I shop for FI and all his friends at thinkgeek.com Seriously, I think that's where we'll get groomsmen gifts.
    Posted by jeanacorina[/QUOTE]

This is more than likely happening for us as well. It's so amazingly awesome ;)
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    It doesn't sound like you like these guys very much. Cry
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Lol, buttons!  I LOVE these guys!  Half of them were my friends before I met FI Tongue out
    imageimageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    (Guy 5 is actually officiating for us)
    imageimageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm just visiting this forum from others - so, hi!

I immediately thought of the flip video cameras from theflip.com. They may be beyond your budget (they are about $150 - $200 each) but they are something that all of those guys could use in some capacity of their lives.

Good luck - happy shopping!
    image Tuffy
    RIP Little Man October 15, 1995 - June 1, 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards