Nevada-Las Vegas

6-23-12 Wedding reviews + 1 or 2 pics. More pics to come

First, Thanks to everyone for all of their reviews and advice. Major Help. I couldnt have done it without you. Vegas Groom, your new website was also a major help. You are the best

Advice...Do not try to do your Masters Thesis, and plan a wedding at the same time, if you can avoid it. I didn’t really get to enjoy my engagement (the knot was my only wedding focused fun) and have been back to my research project as soon as I landed back in New YorkTry to relax and just enjoy the day because it goes by so fast. By the time the weekend was over, I was just trying to hold on to all my memories that the alcohol didn’t cause me to lose :) 

The weekend started crazy. All of my NYC people including my dad arrived hours behind schedule due to the storm. This made me nervous but they all got there but one whose flight was flat out cancelled.

Every vendor 
 was excellent. I have no complaints about anyone. Thanks goodness. My guest enjoyed themselves, thought everything was elegant. Some assumed that because it was las vegas that it was going to be tacky

Bentley-Wilson A+++++++++++++ I loved Todd. He arrived on time, started snapping, he even ended up staying past his scheduled time. He made us feel very comfortable and like he was a part of our group. I thought I was getting on his nerves because while we were doing our photos, we were also on the phone trying to manage our guests getting to Maggianos. He hung around, ate, sat at the table with my family because we had extra space, he is simply awesome. I highly recommend. Plus he is so affordable. Can’t wait for my pics

Maggianos A++++ so accommodating since first contact. Our server and bartender whose names I sadly forgot were awesome. They made sure we felt like royalty. Although tips are not expected I felt I had to chip in a little extra for them. Our server was a part of the party dancing behind the bar. He was so hilarious my friend recorded him. I hear the food was good, but I was too hyped up to try any. Wish I wrapped some up like everyone else.

Minus 5 ice bar (Girls night out) A++- cool experience...no pun intended. I don’t think it’s a necessity to go again but having a drink in a bar completely made of ice, even the cups,  is something worth seeing once. See pic below

Melissa Caesars Palace Weddings Venus Gardens A+++ nothing but great things to say. She responded promptly, was very accommodating since I first booked a year ago. She even sometimes negotiated with me on certain things that I thought was overpriced.  She even met with me the day before just to ease my fears and run me through how the day would go. Its amazing how all of that work goes into 15 minute ceremony.

DJ Godzilla A ++- what a sweetie pie. I booked him a few weeks prior and he was so nice, and helpful. He took my play list literally which was cool and added in a few things of his own which my guests loved. I’m so happy I went with him rather than the ipod. I don’t think I would have had guests on the floor if I had to go switch the songs myself. He’s also very affordable. I thanked him a million times, so much so my husband got jealous. Puuuuleaase.
Pick your poison bake shop A +++ once again, I didn’t get to eat much but from what I had it was delicious. I ordered 120 of 6 assorted flavors. When I came in the room they were nicely displayed and were really cute. My silly husband saw the little straws in them and actually thought he could sip.
LV floral A++ l I ordered 4 submerged blue orchid centerpieces. They were beautiful. LV floral was easy to work with, we did everything via email like all of the other vendors and they did not disappoint me.

Bella brides (for hair and make up) A++  once again, I can not remember the name of who they sent because the whole weekend was a blur. However she did an excellent job on my hair and make up as well as my sister’s make up. She airbrushed us for free because she didn’t have our foundation shade. I loved the look she gave me. I’m glad I trusted her suggestions

Bell Trans A++  they arrived on time, were courteous, and very professional. One of the drivers arrived 5 minutes late according to him but I didn’t even notice. He was so apologetic, I had to say "dude, its ok, don’t worry"

Will post more pics as I get more.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 6-23-12 Wedding reviews + 1 or 2 pics. More pics to come

• Congrats! Glad everything went well. I booked Todd @ B&W recently, so I'm happy to read another great review.
  • Congratulations! I love your makeup and hairstyle in the pic. :).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beautiful! I am glad you and I both enjoyed Venus Garden, even though we booked Juno!

Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_6-23-12-wedding-reviews-1-or-2-pics-more-pics-to-come?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:1d3104c7-bb45-4747-b7c7-ff92836c8910Post:368a1b38-4e4b-4347-af77-abb72a192bbf">Re: 6-23-12 Wedding reviews + 1 or 2 pics. More pics to come</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats! Hair and makeup person I haven't heard of, I'm gunna check them out! Did they come to your room? In Response to 6-23-12 Wedding reviews + 1 or 2 pics. More pics to come :
    Posted by soontobehasrouni[/QUOTE]
    yes, she came to my room. right on time, I might add. I learned of her from another knotties reviews.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You looked great! Congrats!
  • Congratulations, and thanks for the reviews.  I'm glad everything worked out well for you both.  You looked beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for all the compliments ladies. I normally dont like a lot of attention and hours before the wedding I cried and said we should have run off alone. I was so nervous. As I reflected on my day at the end of the night, I had to admit I actually liked the attention. Plus you get 1000 people on the strip congratulating you
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats! I'm glad it worked out for you. I have Melissa as our coordinator too so that's good to hear she's good to work with the day of as well!

Also the reason you just mentioned about the attention is one of the big reasons I've always wanted to get married in Vegas. When I was little I loved all the attention the brides got even from strangers lol.
  • Congratulations Mrs! Thank you for sharing your great reviews! You look beautiful!
  • Do you have a link?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_6-23-12-wedding-reviews-1-or-2-pics-more-pics-to-come?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:1d3104c7-bb45-4747-b7c7-ff92836c8910Post:08f042b2-68c0-4cb3-886d-b140dc3de34b">Re: 6-23-12 Wedding reviews + 1 or 2 pics. More pics to come</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 6-23-12 Wedding reviews + 1 or 2 pics. More pics to come : yes, she came to my room. right on time, I might add. I learned of her from another knotties reviews.
    Posted by specialjune[/QUOTE]
  • Beautiful! Congratulations! Glad your day went so well!
    {Formally Hiltonsgirl}
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_6-23-12-wedding-reviews-1-or-2-pics-more-pics-to-come?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:1d3104c7-bb45-4747-b7c7-ff92836c8910Post:0cbed88f-c3de-4437-a39e-847805514f25">Re: 6-23-12 Wedding reviews + 1 or 2 pics. More pics to come</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have a link? In Response to Re: 6-23-12 Wedding reviews + 1 or 2 pics. More pics to come :
    Posted by soontobehasrouni[/QUOTE]

Sure its <a href="http://bellabrideslv.com/" rel="nofollow">http://bellabrideslv.com/</a>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats; glad everything went so well with all your vendors!

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Is this the right website for bella brides?  http://www.bellabrideslv.com/ It doesn't work correctly in my firefox; wanted to double check beofre I create an article on them.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Your picture looks gorgeous! I am also a Caesars bride so it's nice to hear how wonderful they are throughout the process.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Beautiful! I love your hair! Im still trying to figure out what to do with mine! Congrats :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love good reviews about Todd, we booked him as well. And your review may have sold me on belltrans
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks soo much for the reviews.. I was concerned on who I would get to do my make-up. and now im curious about my hair. But your review gives me somewhere to start.. your pics are just Gorgeous!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_6-23-12-wedding-reviews-1-or-2-pics-more-pics-to-come?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:1d3104c7-bb45-4747-b7c7-ff92836c8910Post:3eadf202-c7a9-43b8-a24a-aa689c33dca9">Re: 6-23-12 Wedding reviews + 1 or 2 pics. More pics to come</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is this the right website for bella brides?  <a href="http://www.bellabrideslv.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.bellabrideslv.com/</a> It doesn't work correctly in my firefox; wanted to double check beofre I create an article on them.
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

<div>Yup this is the site :)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards