Not Engaged Yet

Cake!

This weekend my two best friends from high school are coming to town and we're going to a bridal show. Friend A is getting married this fall and Friend B and I are sooo excited to eat cake samples. YUM!

What are you doing this weekend?

Re: Cake!

• edited December 2011
    oh, and this is a post and run, but i'll be back after dinner.
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Well now I wish I was making and then eating a cake.

• edited December 2011
    I think I'm probably most excited about my wedding cake. Screw the dress. Screw the flowers. Give me some damn cake. You lucky girl you.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds awesome! Now I want cake, frig. I've been avoiding sweets and bad food like the plague (as has BF, we've just stopped buying it), which has been working out quite nicely for my stomach, but when you mention cake...

This weekend I'm doing homework. Seriously. Sucky, but oh well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I like cake.

We're going to FI's parents' house to discuss the AHR. I want a funfetti cake.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• edited December 2011
    I think I'm getting sick, which is *Cartman voice* Not cool, guys.

I have to go the post office wih BF tomorrow to apply for a passport for him. I'm his witness, so I have to be present. Then we will just hang out and watch the Jets game and pray for a Gang Green victory!
  • paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    CAKE. I have frozen cupcakes. I could take one of those out this weekend and ice it up... I think that's on the to-do list now.

Enjoy the bridal show! I've only been to one but they had these hot male dancers in tuxes for a fashion show... sigh...

Beth congrats on 4 pounds!
  • edited December 2011
    Why do we always talk about food?? Now I really want cake and have none *pout*

DH and I are going to Austin tomorrow to visit some friends and I'm really excited to see them!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c76e75ef-91b2-4575-a21a-361627178357Post:3a414687-659d-4bfb-b3f8-8b214dcb0c4b">Re: Cake!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like cake. We're going to FI's parents' house to discuss the AHR. I want a funfetti cake.
    Posted by AudgiePodge[/QUOTE]

<div>Is funfetti the same as rainbow bit? Rainbow bit is THE BEST!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • edited December 2011
    Funfetti cake is the best.
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Funfetti FTW
    edited December 2011
    I have a cream cheese brownie recipe I'm dying to try. Its a lower calorie recipe. I might try making it this weekend or next weekend.

edited December 2011
    OK, I googled. Funfetti = Rainbow bit. You silly Americans with your silly names for things.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
    edited December 2011
    Oh and thanks paint! My goal is two pounds a week but I'm super happy with 4 :)

• edited December 2011
    BF and I made Bitchiin Cloud 9 Cukcakes last weekend, but i guess now that we're being healthy, that's a no-no. Dang it
  • edited December 2011
    I was so excited for cake I forgot to answer the question.

I'm attending good old fashioned fondue party on Sunday. A bunch of girls I used to work with and I used to have fondue-and-movie parties once a month and they were so much fun. They tapered off when people moved, changed jobs, started school, etc. One of the girls decided that we'd waited too long, and we were overdue for fondue. So that's happening this weekend and I am so happy!

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • edited December 2011
    Fondue and movies! Is there any greater combination?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c76e75ef-91b2-4575-a21a-361627178357Post:23e4dbf7-5d71-415e-a5ac-3e2fa7f47cd2">Re: Cake!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fondue and movies! Is there any greater combination?
    Posted by GreenPepperBurger[/QUOTE]

....Sex and candy?

• paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Ummm... moron question coming - what is AHR?
  • sparkles88sparkles88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I was 14, I had a fish-fetti cake. The sprinkles included with the frosting were shaped like fish. Best cake ever!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c76e75ef-91b2-4575-a21a-361627178357Post:f572d72c-51b7-48e5-ab8d-6024dcecc8a4">Re: Cake!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cake! : ....Sex and candy?
    Posted by bsidebella[/QUOTE]

I smell sex and candy...who's that loungin' in my chair?

Oh, wait. I think sex, fondue and movies is the most winningnest combo ever. Bad grammar intended.
  • AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c76e75ef-91b2-4575-a21a-361627178357Post:3d6f0ecc-fc29-45fc-812d-153d39f3682b">Re: Cake!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ummm... moron question coming - what is AHR?
    Posted by paintgirl[/QUOTE]

At home reception.

I've never had fondue :O
    I'm not good at feelings.

• edited December 2011
    The bridal show sounds like fun. Mmmm....cake... I want to make a cake but Betty Crocker mixes cost like $13 here for the cake and frosting. Ridiculous. I need a good recipe for homemade cake/frosting.

This weekend I'm going to try to finish a self portrait and probably go spend a gift card I got from work. And I have to work Sunday, but only for 3 hrs so it's cool.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c76e75ef-91b2-4575-a21a-361627178357Post:296cbe46-466b-418b-8a4e-601677e74092">Re: Cake!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cake! : At home reception.<strong> I've never had fondue :O</strong>
    Posted by AudgiePodge[/QUOTE]

DO IT. Seriously, it is the most fun ever and it is delicious and there are a billion different versions and recipes and types of thingies.

We always do a cheese fondue, a chocolate fondue and a white chocolate fondue (one girl is allergic to chocolate so we do a white chocolate fondue out of courtesy for her)

• motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c76e75ef-91b2-4575-a21a-361627178357Post:c6b72915-a7ff-4940-983f-59d55bed0724">Re: Cake!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The bridal show sounds like fun. Mmmm....cake... I want to make a cake but Betty Crocker mixes cost like $13 here for the cake and frosting. Ridiculous. I need a good recipe for homemade cake/frosting. This weekend I'm going to try to finish a self portrait and probably go spend a gift card I got from work. And I have to work Sunday, but only for 3 hrs so it's cool.
    Posted by Daisy125[/QUOTE]

That's freaking ridiculous!  If I'm felling lazy I'll make a betty crocker cake  in total will cost me less than $5.  How the hell does BC cake mix cost that much in yoru area? 
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a bridal show in August and going to another in 2 weeks...the cake was so the best part...we even went back around to get 2nd helpings.  My cake is ordered and paid for: chocolate cake (all 3 layers) with a bavarian cream filling and fudge frosting - can you tell we like chocolate?

This weekend - lazy at home tonight (yay for SYTTD & 4 Weddings premiers tonight) - grocery shopping tomorrow and 1st hair trial on Sunday (already have the camera set out, don't worry, I'll make sure to post pictures next week)
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c76e75ef-91b2-4575-a21a-361627178357Post:c7958c23-9d0a-4ef0-80bc-73bc0563ae5e">Re: Cake!</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK, I googled. Funfetti = Rainbow bit. You silly Americans with your silly names for things.
    Posted by Beads921[/QUOTE]

I know, right?! Silly Americans ;)

Soo I just made my first meatloaf tonight! And it was DELICIOUS. And a healthier recipe too. I'm super satisfied with it and my family loved it.

Also, I went to my first yoga class! I loved it as well. It was a good day today.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c76e75ef-91b2-4575-a21a-361627178357Post:2e9423f0-0a7a-4a21-8ba5-f1966bd76574">Re: Cake!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cake! : That's freaking ridiculous!  If I'm felling lazy I'll make a betty crocker cake  in total will cost me less than $5.  How the hell does BC cake mix cost that much in yoru area? 
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

I live in Italy, and any American food brands that are imported cost like quadruple what they do back home. And Italy doesn't really have American-style cake so there's no Italian brand to buy. My mom sends me care packages every now and then though, stuff like Bisquick and cornbread mix. I'm thinking cake mix needs to be in the next care package...
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c76e75ef-91b2-4575-a21a-361627178357Post:42d514b9-418a-4d93-8cf8-6a9e41313509">Re: Cake!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cake! : I live in Italy, and any American food brands that are imported cost like quadruple what they do back home. And Italy doesn't really have American-style cake so there's no Italian brand to buy. My mom sends me care packages every now and then though, stuff like Bisquick and cornbread mix. I'm thinking cake mix needs to be in the next care package...
    Posted by Daisy125[/QUOTE]

Yikes, Daisy! Win for being in Italy, but fail for paying out the butt for comfort foods. I hope I'm not being nosy but why are you living in Italy? Just curious cus your profile says Alabama. Also jealous =)

Funny related story - during my internship I met a British R&B group and got a chance to chitchat with them. I asked how they're liking New York City and one of them said he was stocking up on boxes of Lucky Charms to bring back home with him. Apparently a box of Lucky Charms cost <span style="visibility:visible;"><span style="visibility:visible;">£</span></span>60 in London (about 93 USD)! I was horrified! I said, "Dude, if you want to exchange addresses, I'll <em>send</em> you boxes of Lucky Charms if you send me Cornish pasties!" It never worked out, which is kind of sad. I'm sure he was looking forward to free boxes of Lucky Charms as much as I was looking forward to pasties.

• edited December 2011

Bside, it's not nosy at all, I get the question all the time. I'm originally from Alabama but BF is from Italy. He was living in the States when we met. Italy is pretty cool, and I love the food, but I miss home like crazy!

Also, 93 dollars for Lucky Charms is mind-blowing. I'm seriously considering moving to London now to start an underground Lucky Charms trade. I don't know if I've ever seen Lucky Charms in Italy, but I'm going to look now for sure!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards