Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

okay, raise your hand if you remember Chad

2»

Re: okay, raise your hand if you remember Chad

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_okay-raise-hand-remember-chad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4b74d980-7e4a-402c-ad1d-a34c1b607e80Post:418982e6-07ec-4c94-a08b-92bb49fed9fe">Re: okay, raise your hand if you remember Chad</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kristen is not a troll, so far as I can tell.  Just freakin' crazy.  She drives me up the wall.  She posts here and on invites, and on her local (one of the Floridas) and I'm not sure where else. <strong>No matter what, the bride's parents are hosting the wedding unless they're dead, and the groom's parents are hosting the RD, again unless they are dead.  Period.  There are no exceptions.  </strong>You're just really confused, and you should stop making decisions about such things as you're insulting your mother/the MOG.  Hi, reality in 2010.  Could you smack Kristen for me?  She doesn't get it.  Although, she agreed with me one day.  I almost smacked myself.  I actually re-read my post 3 times to be sure I wasn't wrong. 
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]

And if they are dead, it's the bride's brothers to host the wedding.  And if she doesn't have brothers then obviously she'll never be married because there's no one to host her wedding. 
  • Options
    of course. he/she/it was a toolbag.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_okay-raise-hand-remember-chad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4b74d980-7e4a-402c-ad1d-a34c1b607e80Post:418982e6-07ec-4c94-a08b-92bb49fed9fe">Re: okay, raise your hand if you remember Chad</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kristen is not a troll, so far as I can tell.  Just freakin' crazy.  She drives me up the wall.  She posts here and on invites, and on her local (one of the Floridas) and I'm not sure where else. No matter what, the bride's parents are hosting the wedding unless they're dead, and the groom's parents are hosting the RD, again unless they are dead.  Period.  There are no exceptions.  You're just really confused, and you should stop making decisions about such things as you're insulting your mother/the MOG.  Hi, reality in 2010.  Could you smack Kristen for me?  She doesn't get it.  Although, she agreed with me one day.  I almost smacked myself.  I actually re-read my post 3 times to be sure I wasn't wrong. 
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]<div>Yeah, it's the West Coast Florida board.  That's where I had the pleasure of first encountering her.  She told me all my venue options were 'boring' and I should look at the more expensive hotels and try to negotiate the prices to something in my price range.  So, I've liked her right from the beginning.  

</div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I remember him.
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    He and I were the first Mods when they restarted the Mod program on the boards.  We were co-mods here!  Then something secret happened, secret even from me, and he wasn't Mod anymore.  The end.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    oh, and dont forget - if you stray from ANY of the REQUIRED hosting duties, then you are making a statement that your parents dont support/approve of your marriage, hate your spouse to be, and you are doomed.
  • Options
    How long have the knot boards been here? Were they here is 2003 Calypso?

Dani - do you know why they stopped the mod program and then started it again?

Or maybe I just will never, ever, ever know.
  • Options
    meaghan, i dunno... 2003 was a long time ago...i joined them when my BFF asked me to be her MOH.  i dont recall chatting on the boards until years later.  not sure if that was becuase they didnt exist, or because i wasnt "into" them.
  • Options
    Meaghan, they existed in 2002/2003 when I was engaged the first time, although they were kinda lame and weddingchannel.com's boards were the busy ones.  I posted for 6 - 8 months back then (diff SN).  I'm not sure when the big switch happened, and I don't remember if either side had mods back then.  I *think* WC did, but I really only lurked TK's boards here and there, because they were too weddingwire~ish for me. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Interesting! The first time I heard about the knot boards was in 2005 when I was dating an older guy and his friends were getting married. I had never even heard of the knot but I remember them complaining what biitches all the girls were on there. Obviously there was a rep from day one ;)

I didn't start lurking until 2007 though and Chad confused the hell out of me. I could not believe he was real but I also had no idea people would even dream of making up trolls.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_okay-raise-hand-remember-chad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4b74d980-7e4a-402c-ad1d-a34c1b607e80Post:f735a3b4-d728-49c5-9422-442293629d56">Re: okay, raise your hand if you remember Chad</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dani - do you know why they stopped the mod program and then started it again?
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

I'm not really sure.  I think there was a problem with it in the past, like too much moderation maybe?  Then as the boards started to get busier and busier and more drama started going down, it was my impression that's why they decided to restart it.  I became Mod in July 2008 and I think I was the first, or one of the first, in the new program because P&E was so big and so busy.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_okay-raise-hand-remember-chad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4b74d980-7e4a-402c-ad1d-a34c1b607e80Post:26295700-90d8-40bb-9bde-8d5ed74798eb">Re: okay, raise your hand if you remember Chad</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: okay, raise your hand if you remember Chad : Oh god, weren't they ridiculous.  Etiquette bitches. 
    Posted by rubyredlucy[/QUOTE]
    wait. did you used to be called something else?
  • Options
    I remember him, mostly because I had a few of his links bookmarked and found them really helpful. One was for the coding for doing planning bios. And one was the standards for addressing invitations. Then I didn't visit this website for quite awhile so I missed whatever drama went down. And my old laptop died and I got a new one, so I don't have any of those links anymore, though I guess they aren't valid anymore anyway.

I'm glad someone mentioned Ramey. I was trying to remember her name and wondered what happened to her. She used to drive everyone absolutely crazy, even though she usually was right and towed the standard knot line (no cash bars etc). She just had a way of stating what others were thinking in such a condescending way you didn't want to be in agreement with her.
  • Options
    lala, if there's a story, i clearly missed it.  i had no idea he was a troll.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_okay-raise-hand-remember-chad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4b74d980-7e4a-402c-ad1d-a34c1b607e80Post:812c3bb5-628e-488b-b3b7-48af5cc4e8d5">Re: okay, raise your hand if you remember Chad</a>:
    [QUOTE]lala, if there's a story, i clearly missed it.  i had no idea he was a troll.
    Posted by Calypso1977[/QUOTE]

I think he was real but you guys know the story don't you?  Some people called him Felicia or something and thought he was really some old lonely cat lady?
  • Options
    I had heard the rumor that he was really a she, but I don't know the story.  He proofread my invites for me.  I still had his bio bookmarked until my computer crashed back in January.

As for Kristin, the fact that Irish confirmed her existence means little to me, because I'm not even convinced Irish is real.  She's even on my facebook and I don't think she's real.

• Options
    Yeah.  I remember Chad.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    Alright, oot, spill. 

• Options
    GilliCGilliC member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_okay-raise-hand-remember-chad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4b74d980-7e4a-402c-ad1d-a34c1b607e80Post:2a80bb23-3b50-4a77-82d4-a263647ff6fa">Re: okay, raise your hand if you remember Chad</a>:
    [QUOTE]Meaghan, they existed in 2002/2003 when I was engaged the first time, although they were kinda lame and weddingchannel.com's boards were the busy ones.  I posted for 6 - 8 months back then (diff SN).  I'm not sure when the big switch happened, and I don't remember if either side had mods back then.  I *think* WC did, but I really only lurked TK's boards here and there, because they were too weddingwire~ish for me. 
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]
    Definitely no Knot mods back in 2003.  Although it was still possible to get yourself banned. But only by screwing with the code for the board or tracking down another Knottie IRL and calling her employer, showing up at her wedding, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards