Nevada-Las Vegas

Where is your reception?

So......our date is set, the Chapel is picked but I'm at a complete loss for where I want my reception.
Where is your vegas reception or what are you doing in lue of a reception? Some fun ideas would be greatly appriciated. We're having about 40 people and some children will probably be attending. :)

Re: Where is your reception?

• We are doing an insuite reception at Planet Hollywood. Our guest count will be 35 to 45 people including some kids. We are having food catered, bartender and a DJ there as dancing is a must :
  • In case you didn't want a reception, you could do dinner and then maybe a strip tour on the DDB depending on the time of year and day your planning on getting married.
  • We are having a dinner in a private room at Mon Ami Gabi in the Paris.  The room has bellagio fountain views and seats up to 24 with a 1500 food & bev minimum. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    MARCH SIGGY CHALLENGE (for April 2013 brides): Bridesmaid dresses Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • lgoin1lgoin1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    My ceremony is during my reception for 150, and will be at the Historic Fifth Street School in downtown Las Vegas.  It's a mission-style building which has been restored (originally built in the 1930s).  The venue has an outdoor courtyard which is beautiful, but too small for our shindig.  The room(s) we're using are the auditorium and the gallery.  The gallery has a prep kitchen.  We're having a tapas-style dinner and the event will be Speakeasy/Jazz Age-themed.

Since you have a small guestlist, in-suite or dinner at a restaurant would be nice and intimate.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dinner at a private room at canaletto, venetian, 38 of us, 3 kids, then double decker bus tour of strip, sign then fremont so kids won't be turned away from anywhere x
  • 35 of us, Mandalay Bay Vista Suite, DJ, Bartender, Catered Apps, Travis Allen (Elvis). Let the good times roll!
  • Thanks to everyone.
    For those who are doing a resturant after, how far in advance do you recommend booking it?
  • Check the Vegas Knotties list for hundreds of ideas:

<a href="http://www.vegasgroom.com/Official-Vegas-Knotties-List_10.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.vegasgroom.com/Official-Vegas-Knotties-List_10.html</a>

You'll also find many reception ideas on that site from in-suite to restaurant, country club, golf course, inside, outside, so on and so forth.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_where-is-your-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:c9a99f12-b7ce-4653-95e2-f5f4b110c97bPost:d2730582-dfc9-46b8-987e-deef923937bb">Re: Where is your reception?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks to everyone. For those who are doing a resturant after, how far in advance do you recommend booking it?
    Posted by charlydarling[/QUOTE]

If you are planning for a Friday or Saturday night, you should book your venue as early as you possibly can while being completely comfortable with what you have chosen; i.e. if you're reasonably sure you'll have at least 50 to 80 people come, the budget is done and a particular venue can accommadate 80, if you're happy with that venue, go ahead and book them.  Popular venues can book up pretty early so last thing you want to have happen is go through all the research, get your heart set on something and then find out it's already booked. 

Look into photographers too, those can book up more than a year in advance.  Don't book before you decide on your ceremony venue though as that could factor into some photography-related decisions such as forced vendors, etc.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• We're having our reception dinner in a private room at Firefly after our double decker bus tour. They have been really great to work with so far.
  • I don't know how many people will come to our wedding yet, but I already made a reservation at Le Village Buffet in the Paris Hotel. I reserved the Alsace room which can accommodate up to 70 people.
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • shutinshutin member
    First Comment
    Not sure how many people but probably between 50 & 75.
    We are having our reception in the Stardust Suite at the Orleans.
    We'll be having a buffet with open bar and a DJ for dancing.
    I believe their minimum is $3500.
  • We're having our reception about an hour after the ceremony (to give people time for family photos and walking through Caesars) at Joe's in the Forum in one of their private rooms. We're hiring DJ Godzilla for our DJ as well. :)

Our wedding is November 10th and we booked the reception I want to say in March about a week after booking the ceremony venue.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_where-is-your-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:c9a99f12-b7ce-4653-95e2-f5f4b110c97bPost:6a9ed9fc-1ed4-4fea-890f-544578a2a8e9">Re: Where is your reception?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're having our reception about an hour after the ceremony (to give people time for family photos and walking through Caesars) at Joe's in the Forum in one of their private rooms. We're hiring DJ Godzilla for our DJ as well. :) Our wedding is November 10th and we booked the reception I want to say in March about a week after booking the ceremony venue.
    Posted by petitmonstree[/QUOTE]
     thanks. Your timeline is really helpfull. We just got engaged early this month but we want to have our wedding in the end of april. We live in Charleston (HUGE city for weddings) so there was no way we could have it here without at least a year of planning. I was worried even for vegas I'd have trouble :)
  • I've booked the larger private room at Mon Ami Gabi for my group of ~45.  I didn't really want a traditional reception with the dancing and whatnot so we're just doing dinner and I have Elvis impersonator Travis Allen coming as a surprise during dessert. :)
  • Having a private dinner at Maggiano's, not really interested in the dancing bit and I really wanted an open bar to thank all my guests for coming all the way from Europe, and Maggiano's offered us a very good package.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Maggiano's :)
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March siggy:THE DRESS
    photo practically_perfect_2_zpsb1ba38c6.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards