New York-Long Island

Video/DJ/Cake/Linen Recs

Hey all -

I'm getting married 9/26/10 at Fox Hollow. I'm not a huge fan of their linens and cake choices. Because I'm also an OOT bride (I'm in FL), I know nothing about local vendors. 

Can you give recs on video, dj, cake & linen? I've contacted Level for DJ a few times, but we keep missing each other. 

Any recs will be appreciated! 

Thank you ladies.

DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Video/DJ/Cake/Linen Recs

• edited December 2011
    Try Ariana Studios The wedding Plaza
    www.arianastudios.com
    THey did my wedding and many recos I gave them they can def help you with all that stuff
  • inaJaMinaJaM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

contact east end djs    they are sophisticated and fun

• edited December 2011
    We just booked Pete at Wedding Cinema Video - http://www.weddingcinema.net - Phone: 631-220-4311 for our May 2, 2010 wedding. I met with a few other people.  My fiance only met Pete.  But while we were planning to meet with one other person before making final decisions, we both agreed Pete was the one we wanted to do the job.  He isn't looking to be your party, he's looking to film it.  When I discussed a few things that were important to me, I realized they would cause him extra work but he said it was no problem and added those things to the notes he started taking as soon as we started talking.  He's all about catering to your specific vision and knows that even the two people getting married may not have the same vision.

If his work is nearly as good as his samples and his personality (and there's no reason to believe it won't be), we're going to be thrilled we chose him!  He was recommended to me, independently, by two different photographers I met with - one of whom we booked.

Good luck with your wedding!

Sandey
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Duet Photographers and are very pleased with them (we've seen their work through other friends).  We are also using In the Mix DJs, out of Mineola.  We interviewed a LOT of DJs before deciding on them, so I would definitely recommend them.  In fact, we get a discount off our balance if you say we recommended you, so let me know if you like them! You could put down my name as the referral and do me a huge favor :)
  • edited December 2011
    happy new year
    definitely check out East End Dj's www.eastenddjs.com
  • ctb1010ctb1010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello!

I'd love to shoot your wedding for you!  I pride myself on producing cinematic and intimate videos that your family will cherish for generations to come, all while remaining unobtrusive!

Check out my site for samples, pricing and more information about me.

http://www.emotionpicturesnyc.com

Good luck with your planning!

Chris
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards