Georgia-Atlanta

Venues...

I'm so stuck on this first part. We are a budget wedding so I haven't even really looked into doing a wedding in Atlanta...we live in Marietta and had initially thought of getting married on the Square but it's going to be so hot that i don't think that's such a great idea anymore.

I wouldn't mind something that is all-inclusive...but I really can't afford to spend over $4000...

The only place I've found is Rose Hall Event Center in Dallas, which looks really nice, but I don't think anyone has been out there. Does anyone know of any budget friendly places? We're looking at having about 75 people total.
Wedding Countdown Ticker imageGraphics

Re: Venues...

• lucyslovedlucysloved member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try paging MeganJ26. As I recall, her budget is the same as yours. I have't realy began looking yet, so I am no help. But I know other knotties on this board are on budgets too. You will find something! GL.
  • edited December 2011
    Yep, my budget is $4000 also, and you CAN do it! It may be difficult, and a little stressful... you have to look harder and longer for those great deals... but it can be done :)

A word of caution on the all-inclusive facilities - I booked an all inclusive facility and then figured out that it will be cheaper to do everything myself. Not to mention, much more personalized.
    So we found somewhere with a cheap rental fee and I am planning everything myself. I lost $600 (deposit on first venue) from my already small budget of $4000, but it was totally worth it.
    You just have to decide what is important to you. An all inclusive venue is going to be more of a "cookie cutter" wedding. If you don't want the stress of planning and dealing with vendors, then this would be good for you. But if you want something more personal that reflects you and your FI, I would not suggest an all inclusive.

Some affordable venues you could look into:
    Roswell River Landing
    Smyrna Community Center and Gazebo
    East Point Tower
    Douglasville Cultural Arts Center
    Rhodes Hall
    The Trolley Barn
    Decatur Courthouse
    Historic Gwinnett Courthouse
    Four Oaks Manor

Also, search for local state parks or city/government facilities you could use (they are typically cheaper than traditional "wedding" venues). Also google "alternative event space" and "facility rental" in Marietta and surrounding areas.

Hope this helps, and good luck!!
    ~Megan & Steve 10-10-10~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • ldbarrett82ldbarrett82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for all the venues! I think Roswell River Landing has a ton of potential and it's a great price.

I also LOVE the look of Rhodes Hall. I really hope I can throw this all together. I've been trying to cut corners by designing our wedding invitations and programs. Buying used wedding decor...gosh this is all so stressful!
  • edited December 2011
    I dreamed of getting married at Rhodes Hall for years, but they were already booked for my date, as was Roswell River Landing.

Have you checked out Vista Print for your invitations and programs? www.vistaprint.com they are really affordable, you get tons of freebies, and you can design your own and upload images

If you have not bought your dress yet, take a look at Anya Bridal Warehouse www.anyabridal.com they have some beautiful gowns, in all sizes, and are pretty affordable. Plus they have 1/2 off sales several times a year. I bought a $750 dress there for $212. Also, if you buy a dress from them you get $100 off tux rental from Savvi because they are affiliated.

If you have any more questions, or just need someone to talk/vent to, just let me know!!

Good luck Smile
    ~Megan & Steve 10-10-10~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have designed my own invitations and am considering getting Vistaprint to do the printing. I have already sort of priced them and it looks like it will be under $1000.

FI and I are paying for everything ourselves so this has been beyond stressful so I REALLY appreciate all the advice. I'm relatively new to the area so I know I don't know all the hidden gems.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So....I just saw a picture of a ceremony/reception at the Strand Theatre in Marietta. It's right across from the park in the Square where we had been debating having our wedding at in the first place. I think if the price is right we may have found a winner!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, The Strand does look beautiful... and I had never heard of it before :)

This is what I found on their website about weddings:
    The auditorium is available for $1,375 per day and multi-space rental discounts are offered in conjunction with the reception spaces.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I emailed them and they have a "soft book" for the floor I want on my date, but he's going to call and confirm if they still want it. They are however oepn the weekend before and the weekend after so I'm totally ok with moving my date since I have nothing else booked yet. I am hoping that their soft book doesn't come through so we can use our original date.
  • edited December 2011

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, it looks like a beautiful venue and your wedding would be amazing there!!
    Good luck :)

• jabp1jabp1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stonewall Manor is great, it is a pretty decent price and includes a lot of stuff.
    it is in Cartersville
  • edited December 2011
    Hey...YOU CAN DO IT (lots of prayer and a devoted FI doesn't hurt either). I decided to skimp on invitations and I am seriously considerign 123print.com. For Invitations, RSVP cards, and Direction cards...ready?? ....$55.80. Check it out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards