New York-New York City

RK Bridal?

Hi Everyone-
Just wanted to hear anyones experience shopping here. They have the upcoming semi annual sale on Sept 16th and would like to go but hesitate based on the horror stories I have heard about the place. I have gone to Davids Bridal (nice customer service, yuck dresses) and going to JP bridal to figure out exact fit and styles that work before a pre-visit to RK to narrow down my choices before the big scary sale.

Any words of advice???
Thanks!
Amanda

Re: RK Bridal?

• I'm sure the semi-annual sale will be crazy, particularly since it falls on the weekend.  Normally, I suggest people go to RK during the week since it's mayhem during the weekends.  Service is iffy, at best, but I don't think you'll get any on that day.  I would take 2-3 people with you just so they can help you in and out of the dresses/provide honest opinions.  Good luck!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_rk-bridal-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:09cb3e5c-a867-4862-8d5a-b53acdd40d38Post:5a9d7221-5d02-4fd0-94ee-aeaa7647d0da">RK Bridal?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Everyone- Just wanted to hear anyones experience shopping here. They have the upcoming semi annual sale on Sept 16th and would like to go but hesitate based on the horror stories I have heard about the place. I have gone to Davids Bridal (nice customer service, yuck dresses) and going to JP bridal to figure out exact fit and styles that work before a pre-visit to RK to narrow down my choices before the big scary sale. Any words of advice??? Thanks! Amanda
    Posted by pandozas[/QUOTE]

<div>I found my wedding dress at RK Bridal. I visited the store about 5 or 6 times before I made my decision. The place is crazy on the weekend and was much less busy during the week. I'm assuming that any sale they have will be absolutely crazy. I would recommend bringing at least one other person with you. It's basically like a dress warehouse where you walk around and pull your own dresses off the rack, and the dresses are so heavy! Try to get an idea of some designers and dress styles you like before visiting. Also, keep in mind that the dresses on their website are not all available at the store (actually, most of the dresses I liked off the site were not available at the store), even though they have a HUGE selection of dresses. </div><div>
    </div><div>After visiting the store a few times, I was appointed to work with Cheryl and she actually picked out my wedding dress. I told her exactly what I wanted my wedding dress to look like and she pulled some dresses off the racks in about 2 minutes. I got really lucky! So my advice is to do your research in advance and take a few people with you. In the end, I found my wedding dress and saved a lot of money so it's worth it. </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I want to go to RK so bad because I hear the prices are awesome but I'm so freaked out about not getting undivided attention. I guess if it's too crazy all I lost was my time for a trip to Manhattan, right? The being said, will a consultant help you while you're there? Or do you have to do everything yourself? I feel like i don't trust myself to pick out my own dress. I think I need at least some sort of expert opinion.
  • A consultant does help you -but from what I remember you can only pick a certain number of dresses per visit (5-6) I also suggest going during the week - I ended up finding my dress there but then they were going to take too long to receive the dress if I ordered (wedding was in a few months) and I bought the same dress online - the price was similar
  • I just bought my dress,  I'm on a very tight budget and I was in the sale section and she swiftly pulled me out of there and promised to find my dress. Cheryl is an absolute doll and so wonderful; she found the greatest dress and in under 2 hours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards