April 2013 Weddings

Engaged for Two Weeks!

Hiya Ladies!  I've been engaged for two whole weeks, so I'm quite a bit behind some of you other April brides (holy sh*t, we're brides!) I've been slightly crazy about getting things done, so we've already booked a hall, a church, and are meeting with our deejay, photographer and videographer in the upcoming week or so.   I have a couple of dress appointments lined up in the middle of August.  I've designed a STD, but am waiting on the fiance to finalize his list.  I haven't decided on the number of people in the bridal party yet - well, more like HE hasn't decided, but that's another story.  I guess, I'm just wondering what else everyone has done.  We're having a relatively short engagement - about 8 months.  What should I be focused on?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

Re: Engaged for Two Weeks!

• Congrats and welcome!!! 

I think you're doing really well. You already have your venue. Do they have a caterer that they work with, or do you have to find one? If you have to find one, that is something that I would work on next.

I hear that finding and DJ and photographer are the next biggest vendors, because they will have such an impact on the day. So you're on the right track to meet with them next so that you will have time to find ones you really like. 

After we secured our venue, STDs, DJ, photographer, and I found my dress there has been quite a lull in the planning. There are other brides on here that are ahead of me. But really all we have to do is pick our cake, find a make up lady, order invitations, and find BM dresses. And then all the little things that don't have to get done until later. 

You can most def get it done in 8 months. Good luck with the planning :)
    135 invited image | 45 Yes image | 11 No image | 79 Still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 23
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaids Dresses
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Congrats and welcome!

We have our big vendors booked - ceremony site, reception hall, photog, videographer, DJ, and photobooth. We still haven't asked everyone to stand up with us, and I am getting my dress made and haven't even begun that process yet.

As far as what you should be focusing on; I would ask yourself to invision your perfect wedding day and go from there. Do you see a theme, certain colors, etc. Kind of work backwards. Start with the big picture and then go from there.
  • Thanks!  Our venue does the catering and the cake.  We don't have to worry about that stuff for another couple of months.   The DJ, photo and video meetings are just formalities.  We have seen them all in action - we've been  to at least 17 weddings together in the last couple of years, sheesh.   So, I'm comfortable with giving a deposit now.  What about the STDs?  When should I aim to have them out?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

• Christine9866Christine9866 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Welcome to the board and congrats! You seem pretty on track for just getting engaged!

We are sending our STDs out in September.

Happy planning!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Congrats!  You sound right on track with a lot of us.  Having the major things out of the way makes planning go smoothly.

We're sending our STD's in September...or when I can get my FI to actually sit down and write a guest list.  Argh.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats on your engagement! Sounds like you've got most of the big important stuff taken care of already; that's huge. Best of luck with the rest of your planning; can't wait to hear about it.
  • lmisiaszeklmisiaszek member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    You're way ahead of me!  I've also been engaged for about two weeks but we can't decide when to actually have the wedding (going back and forth between early spring and fall).  Good luck with the rest of your planning!
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_engaged-for-two-weeks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:8c56795b-24c0-4819-93ec-7e91ef6cfccfPost:39168ce6-1880-418e-8173-525109852a31">Engaged for Two Weeks!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hiya Ladies!  I've been engaged for two whole weeks, so I'm quite a bit behind some of you other April brides (holy sh*t, we're brides!) I've been slightly crazy about getting things done, so we've already booked a hall, a church, and are meeting with our deejay, photographer and videographer in the upcoming week or so.   I have a couple of dress appointments lined up in the middle of August.  I've designed a STD, but am waiting on the fiance to finalize his list.  I haven't decided on the number of people in the bridal party yet - well, more like HE hasn't decided, but that's another story.  I guess, I'm just wondering what else everyone has done.  We're having a relatively short engagement - about 8 months.  What should I be focused on?
    Posted by Cryssteen[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards