Canada-Ontario

Chateau des Charmes

Has anyone here booked their wedding at Chateau des Charmes in Niagara-on-the-Lake?

Re: Chateau des Charmes

• unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i looked into it but the cost of renting the space was far too expensive for us. it's a beautiful venue though.
  • edited December 2011
    The wine is delicious as well!
  • edited December 2011
    I WISH I could've booked I there!  We did a wine tasting there a year or so ago and I fell in love with that place!  If we could've made it work, we would've...
  • edited December 2011
    how many people are you having?  I looked at about 10 wineries before I booked my venue.  There are some really beautiful places!
  • bonatz75bonatz75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    probably around 60 people
  • edited December 2011
    My favorite place that I saw in the Niagara area was The View at East Dell Winery.  They will do an outdoor ceremony and the restuarant accomidates up to 100 guests for the reception.  It was about $100 a person and I totally loved it, but we needed a slightly larger venue.  They also have a guest cottage that you can stay at if your having your wedding there.  It may not look like much at this time of year, but it is so beautiful in the summer time.
  • It's a little late for this particular thread but there are several great wineries in Niagara to book a wedding at.  In the GTA, take a look at Willow Springs Winery in Stouffville.  A little out of the way but a great winery and great owners.

Chateau des Charmes is getting a real name in Niagara on the Lake for weddings but can sometimes be outside of lower budgets.  Vineland Estates Winery is a great one to look at.  Reif Estate Winery has the room to do it but there are some "restrictions" with them supposedly.  Hernder Estate Winery has always been known as the Wedding Winery in Niagara but I've heard both good and bad revues on service there from both weddings and non-weddings.  Henry of Pelham has space if you are a smaller wedding.

This is by no way a complete list but because I work closely with a lot of Ontario's wineries (I'm a wine writer), I have some experience with the wineries and know what they are capable of.  Happy planning everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards