Michigan-Detroit

Uneven Attendants Question

I have a larger group of close girlfriends, however the FI has a small group of really close guys. Right now we have 5 bridesmaids and 4 groomsmen. He has a couple people he could ask but no one he's really close with.

My question is should he ask another person so the sides are even or have one guy walk two girls down the asile? I'd hate to have my FI ask someone that it he's not close with. Not sure what to do...

Thanks!!

Re: Uneven Attendants Question

• breeamberbreeamber member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have a guy walk with 2 girls. I am having 2 MOH and they are walking with the best man. I will have 8 total and he will have 7. No big deal. I wouldn't have him ask someone he is not close with just to even the numbers. It's too big of an honor and commitment.
  • larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    agree.  we were originally going to have even sides but then one of Fi's good friends moved away and fell off the face of the Earth - we are n't even sure he'll come to the wedding anymore.  so I'm just having his last groomsmen walk with 2 bridesmaids (twins... lucky guy! haha)
  • sasha213swsasha213sw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

One word of advice - make sure your aisle is big enough for three people to walk down. I was in a wedding last year and was part of the 3 person walk. Let me tell you, the pictures of us are all squished together because the aisle was so small.

image 223 Invited
    image 127 Wouldn't miss it
    image 64 Passed on the fun
    image 32 Still undecided
    RSVP Date: August 1, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Some places just have the guys waiting at the alter with the groom so it wouldn't even matter.  An when you left you could have them all go by themselves.  Just a thought.  I wouldn't have him pick someone just to have it even.
    DS Born 12/21/11 #2 EDD 4/7/13
  • edited December 2011
    We have the exact same number as you!  FI does have one other friend that he is considering asking, but if he doesn't, we're just going to have the guys already waiting up at the altar, and having everyone walk back down in a single file line (except for FI and I).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • breeamberbreeamber member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_uneven-attendants-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:5a745cc6-7461-447c-88e0-63ceae5d4be8Post:97dbd0df-1d62-4e95-88b1-7213a5b1ae6b">Re: Uneven Attendants Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]One word of advice - make sure your aisle is big enough for three people to walk down. I was in a wedding last year and was part of the 3 person walk. Let me tell you, the pictures of us are all squished together because the aisle was so small.
    Posted by sasha213sw[/QUOTE]

I didn't even think of this! Thanks for the advice. I'll check it out at church this weekend!
  • edited December 2011
    Or just have 1 guy/1 girl with four of the couples and have your maid of honor walk down by herself.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    My sister got married in November, and her bridal party was uneven as well. It started out with 7 girls and 6 guys, but after an unexpected issue with the best man, it ended up 7 girls and 5 guys. She just had one of the guys walk with two girls, and I walked down the aisle with the flower girl. It worked out really well, especially since the flower girl was only two. Having a familiar face to walk down a very long aisle with is probably the only reason it went so smoothly!
  • edited December 2011
    We have 4 girls and 6 guys.. but one of the guys is my brother and on MY side so it's technically 5 and 5 but we're having my brother walk my mom down and one of his guys walk his mom down.. but there's nothing wrong with uneven sides - don't have him ask someone else just to make it look even.. if they weren't asked in the first place, there's a reason!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards