New Jersey
Options

Where are you sitting?

Just wondering what everyone is doing...
*~allie~*

Re: Where are you sitting?

• Options
    VanessaB24VanessaB24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WE decided on a sweetheart table because our bridal party are mostly married or in a relationship and we didn't want to separate them from their significant other/family.
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

It's not like "It's our special day we need to be alone." More like I didn't want a long head table.  I had the bridal party and dates at the two closest tables to us.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Sweetheart table - but not because we wanted to be alone. I hate when people split up their bridal party from their dates. And I also don't like the look of one long head table.

~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_sitting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:6ae587da-b1e7-464c-806f-728e475e73ecPost:fbcb250a-04f7-4276-bd61-ba283eb0a933">Re: Where are you sitting?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's not like "It's our special day we need to be alone." More like I didn't want a long head table.  I had the bridal party and dates at the two closest tables to us.
    Posted by kewltif[/QUOTE]

I know... I was trying to throw in some sarcasm there ;-)
    *~allie~*

• Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sweetheart table as well. And only because I too hate the look of the LONGGGGG table. We have 7 on each side. No including a jr bm, rb and fg.  too many people.

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I voted "regular table." Our hall's tables seat 10 people, and we have four wedding party members. If they all bring a date, that's 10 people. Boom, done.

We didn't want a sweetheart table because we didn't want to be singled out.

And it's rude to split the BP members from their dates, so a "traditional head table" was not an option for us. If we had a bigger BP, we probably would've sat with my siblings (MOH and groomsman), the Best Man, and their dates, so 8 total people. And we would've sat other BP members around the room with friends and family members and their own dates.
  • Options
    dalm0mdalm0m member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We sat at the head of the dance floor but at a regular table with our BP & their SOs / spouses b/c we didn't want the SOs to be alone, we didn't want a head table & we didn't want a sweetheart table b/c I had nightmares about 1 of us sitting alone at that tiny table while the other did anything including use the facilities, say hello to somebody else.  I just think that is sooo sad when the B or G is isolated like that. 
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    edited December 2011
    Same here didn't want to split the bridal party and we thought about sitting with our parents but decided there wouldn't be a good way to set that table up either its too few people (just parents) at the table or too many (adding siblings/grandparents)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we sat at a sweetheart table, and mixed our bridal party in with thier friends and families, no seperate tables, the were happy
  • Options
    Partymixx27Partymixx27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sweetheart table.   Head table was not an option since our bp was mostly family. We could have sat with my family but we didn't want to "take sides", the sweetheart table was nice and neutral.  We weren't sitting at it much anyway.
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    edited December 2011
    I've been to alot of weddings and only have seen sweetheart tables.

I never thought twice about it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_sitting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:6ae587da-b1e7-464c-806f-728e475e73ecPost:52e32088-1960-4dc4-9e9e-9637d3a875e6">Re: Where are you sitting?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sweetheart table - but not because we wanted to be alone. I hate when people split up their bridal party from their dates. And I also don't like the look of one long head table.
    Posted by cvl105[/QUOTE]
    Same here.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We sat at a regular table, with our bridal party and their dates.  It was central in the room, but was with the other tables and wasn't a head table (which I would take to mean that everyone is facing the same direction?)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's so funny as someone mentioned this on a national board which made me wonder if people actually do head tables anymore in our region. Taking the results from this post it's clear that us NJ folk like the sweetheart table.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're gonna also do a sweetheart table because most of his groomsmen are married so we dont want to split them up from their wives and also I think it would be nice to have our own table for just the two of us to spend some time alone together.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_sitting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:6ae587da-b1e7-464c-806f-728e475e73ecPost:9409d013-ccd3-4dad-854c-05e435ef7d77">Re: Where are you sitting?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's so funny as someone mentioned this on a national board which made me wonder if people actually do head tables anymore in our region. Taking the results from this post it's clear that us NJ folk like the sweetheart table.
    Posted by akmackay[/QUOTE]

Actually I've been to a few weddings in the past few years that still had a head table.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_sitting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:6ae587da-b1e7-464c-806f-728e475e73ecPost:862fed03-e0f2-4e8c-88ff-3319a6371858">Re: Where are you sitting?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are you sitting? : Actually I've been to a few weddings in the past few years that still had a head table.

Gotcha. Interesting.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've only been to a few weddings that had a sweetheart table. Most of the weddings I've been to had a long table for the bridal party. We are doing a sweetheart table
    imageAnniversary Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_sitting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:6ae587da-b1e7-464c-806f-728e475e73ecPost:862fed03-e0f2-4e8c-88ff-3319a6371858">Re: Where are you sitting?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are you sitting? : Actually I've been to a few weddings in the past few years that still had a head table.

Really?? I've never seen one in action! Were the bride and groom from NJ?
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_sitting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:6ae587da-b1e7-464c-806f-728e475e73ecPost:6ff0089f-44f2-4374-9a2f-eb9d0fb22873">Re: Where are you sitting?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are you sitting? : Really?? I've never seen one in action! Were the bride and groom from NJ?
    Posted by melissa82[/QUOTE]

Does South Jersey count as NJ?

And actually a Knottie wedding I went to had one last year.
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was in a wedding in NJ that had a head table.  I felt like I was at a press conference.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sweetheart table, and bridesmaids and groomsmen with spouses...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a regular round table that seats twelve. We do not care for a long head table and I though I'd feel like I was in a zoo if I did a sweetheart. Augh don't look at me while I eat! :) Our bridal party and SOs will just fit! The flower girls, ring bearer and junior usher will be seated with their parents.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dmoney79dmoney79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i don't think i've ever been to a wedding that had a head table....
    most weddings i've been to had a sweetheart table....i went to one where it was the bride/groom, moh, bm and their parents at a table
    we had a sweetheart table, but towards the back, the way the room is set up we could have had the table set up at the top of the dance floor, but no way, i mean, i know its our day and we're the center of attention, but that is just too much for me...so we were between our bridesmaids table and groomsmen table...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    edited December 2011
    I find it interesting how many people don't want to be the center of attention by sitting at a sweetheart table.

When I'm at a wedding I literally bride and groom stalk.  I love to watch them and I'm always looking for them in the room. I want to see that they are having fun.

I've been in rooms where it was hard to see the sweetheart table and I find this disappointing and I'm stretching my neck to get a view (like during speeches).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards