Wedding Etiquette Forum

RSVP reminders :) or :( ?

I just wanted to ask if it is in poor taste to send out RSVP reminders...

My plan:
*To send a reminder to those who have not responded.
*To thank those who have responded and say we are looking forward to celebrating with them.
*To thank the ones who responded and can not attend, but let them know we look forward to seeing them on the next visit to see family\friends etc.

I guess it is kind of the opposite of STD's.

We are One week away from the "Please RSVP by" date.  I figure if I do these up and send them off tomorrow they will get there in time. 

I was also going to include our website info on it.

What say you Knotties?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: RSVP reminders :) or :( ?

• Nope.

Wait a few days AFTER the deadline has passed and then politely call those who have not RSVP'd
  • I think I got half of my RSVP's in the last day or two and the first few right after (some people mail them on the due date - give the USPS a few days to do their thing) without a reminder.  Trust adults to do what they're supposed to and then call the stragglers who dont' realize what not sending the little card back does to a bride.
  • melaniekymelanieky member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    That seems like a lot work. Wait until a couple of days after the response date then start calling, emailing and texting people to see if they are coming or not. I wouldn't send a reminder and why would you want to spend more on postage then you already have?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I clicked fake wedding because yesterday's thread(s) were funny.  I do agree with HockeyFan4, wait until the date passes and phone the non-responders.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    201 Invited image 139 Attending image 20 Declined image 42 Are making me wait image
  • Ok so most say nope.  I did over buy on stamps, and I had planned on doing STD's but never did I do it all myself so I have the supplies so I really wouldn't be spending extra money.  I am just getting nervous, because we have a week left to get RSVP's in then I need to give some numbers to vendors on food, venue seating, etc and I only have about half of them back.  Plus there are a few people who really have me stumped, and this was the passive aggressive way to feel them out.  I figured if they didn't respond after that they were not coming.  Ok ladies who answered (so far) I will check in again later to see what others think.
    Thank you so much, I appreciate getting honest answeres, even if they are not what I wanted to hear.

HockeyFan, Y'all are not by chance Bruins fans are you?
  • Nope.   Your response date is about the earliest that's acceptable.   Guests will probably respond within a few days of it.
  • Gator: born and raised...I bleed black and gold!
  • This is just making it a lot more complicated than necessary & likely to confuse some of your guests. Just do like the PP suggest & call them after your RSVP date. 
  • Dont worrie about over buying on your stamps. You'll probably have tons of Thankyou cards to send out. ;) I agree with all the PPs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:RSVP reminders : or : ?:[QUOTE]Dont worrie about over buying on your stamps. You'll probably have tons of Thankyou cards to send out. ; I agree with all the PPs. Posted by samantha24p[/QUOTE]

This is so true.
  • Wonderful!  I can save the extra supplies and make Christmas post cards.  I've been gone most of the day at the hospital with FI.  While he was busy I spent some quality time with my things to do list, it seems that I looked at the date wrong this morning when I had the great idea.  I have plenty of time!!!  Woo Hoo!  Thanks for your help girls!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_rsvp-reminders-or?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cbc79687-64f1-47ce-aba3-6065a9e88cd4Post:f4638234-fa23-4f94-bf3f-4936fb570109">Re: RSVP reminders :) or :( ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Gator: born and raised...I bleed black and gold!
    Posted by HockeyFan4[/QUOTE]

Ha, I knew it the "from Bostin gave it away" lol.  FI played minor league hockey in KC.  We live in Blues country but we're Bruins fans all the way!!
  • Save your stamps for the thank you cards.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards