Wedding Invitations & Paper

Wax stamp seals

We bought the Gartner Studios fleur-de-lis seal [http://www.gartnerstudios.com/shop/sealing-wax-stamper-fleur-de-lis.html], with the same brand's wax. However, it's not the normal solid stick, but the glittery silver ones.

Does anyone have any advice for these products? The stamp's design isn't very visible. We're testing different amounts of wax, time left to harden, etc.
Follow Me on Pinterest
Anniversary

Re: Wax stamp seals

• I hate to break it to you but most of the wax seals are not going to survive in the mail so you may just want to abandon the idea.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Call me old-fashioned, but....I've loved/used wax seals for a long time, and there are some tricks that I have found helpful for a successful seal:
    1. You need less wax than you think you do. I'm still always making this mistake, but remember when you push the stamp down, the wax spreads way out. You don't need a pool of wax bigger than the impression you're trying to make with the stamp. Too much wax = a mushy seal that will definitely fall off in the mail.
    2. After you push the stamp into the wax, you need to leave it in there for at least 15 seconds.  If you can wiggle the stamp around in the wax a little bit without smudging the seal, the impression witll be deeper/look cleaner.
    3. If you have your heart set on using seals but the product you got isn't working for you, I would recommend trying something from nostalgicimpressions.com.  Their stuff is affordable and really high-quality- it's the only wax I would ever buy.

Hope this helps!! You've got a beautiful idea.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_wax-stamp-seals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:ea8d1488-45a9-4e5a-8a90-b8fbcdfeec9dPost:5002ef19-0e15-47be-8f99-a521d27f5952">Re: Wax stamp seals</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate to break it to you but most of the wax seals are not going to survive in the mail so you may just want to abandon the idea.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks for looking out. We used the wax seal on the pocketfold, so hopefully that'll hold up inside the regular envelope! </div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_wax-stamp-seals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:ea8d1488-45a9-4e5a-8a90-b8fbcdfeec9dPost:54448741-6c54-44d2-8f82-e9ae82b06a72">Re: Wax stamp seals</a>:
    [QUOTE]Call me old-fashioned, but....I've loved/used wax seals for a long time, and there are some tricks that I have found helpful for a successful seal: 1. You need less wax than you think you do. I'm still always making this mistake, but remember when you push the stamp down, the wax spreads way out. You don't need a pool of wax bigger than the impression you're trying to make with the stamp. Too much wax = a mushy seal that will definitely fall off in the mail. 2. After you push the stamp into the wax, you need to leave it in there for at least 15 seconds.  If you can wiggle the stamp around in the wax a little bit without smudging the seal, the impression witll be deeper/look cleaner. 3. If you have your heart set on using seals but the product you got isn't working for you, I would recommend trying something from nostalgicimpressions.com.  Their stuff is affordable and really high-quality- it's the only wax I would ever buy.  Hope this helps!! You've got a beautiful idea.
    Posted by Kittygrace26[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Great tips! Thanks :)

</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • I agree with Kittygrace.  I have used wax stamps/seals for years and I love them and they work.  I also just ordered my wax and seal from nostalgicimpressions.com.  A few more tips.  If you have a glue gun, go to that same website and purchase the wax for glue guns, I was told it was much faster and easier.  When making saveral seals, use a glass table and make multiples of the seals, when cool, use a razor to lift them from the glass and then a dot of super glue for the envelopes.  That's what my stationer advised as he does these all the time.
    Good luck, enjoy and congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards